destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Hello Family,

I've wondered what qualifies a person for being a "Sister" or "Brother." Does just being Black, African, etc., automatically qualify us to be referred to as such?

Can a white person be a "Sister" or "Brother?"

Is there some behavior that we can do that strips our "Sister" or "Brother" status from us? For example, i posted a thread about Michael Jackson, asking "What is up with our Brother?" and someone responded, he aint our Brother.

Can a Sister/Brother not be a Sister/Brother based on things they do or don't do?

I'm just wundr'n yall ...

:heart:

Destee

It is apparent that I have a unique way of looking at things. In this case, I'd like to add my two cents, but I'm not sure it's going to appeal.

The words are Universal across our planet. Being brethren because we share skin color is pretense. The heart is the same color in every one. So is the blood.

In my opinion, what a person could do what would remove them from the unity of brotherhood is when they put themselves above or before their fellowman. No one wished to be brother of a murderer. Before immorality was common, no one wanted to be sister to a harlot.

If someone lends a hand to me, he is my brother. If someone requires my help, he is my brother. If a woman needs the strength of a man, she is my sister. If a woman sees that I am fed, and clothed, and well, she is my sister.

In the examples, it is the perspective that determines who the brother or sister is. In this case, my perspective.

I said that Micheal Jackson wasn't my brother. He still isn't and never will be.
---willingness to love and respect your own first and foremost, even before self--- is my definition of what a brother or sister is... understanding that we live in a society that rightly or wrongly view us collectively, and as pieces of the collective we should try (we are too human we make mistakes) to uphold our community and as Native Black People in America, we have a whole **** legacy of people who lived right and died wrong to make everything we have and hold possible.

It would be quite simple for me to disregard and ignore my people based upon the lies and stereotypes that plague us, that some of us ourselves perpetrate, and cast inside of our own selves and lives, that help to destroy us.

A true brother or sister will not denigrate the hopes, dreams, nor thoughts of others because they don't have the wherewithall to have average common understanding... i.e, putting people in boxes... JUST BECAUSE MICHEAL JACKSON WAS ONCE "BLACK" DOES NOT ENTAIL HIM OF BEING MY BROTHER-- RATHER OR NOT HE IS YOURS IS OF NO CONSEQUENCE TO ME, NOR SHOULD MY NOT ACCEPTING HIM BE OF CONSEQUENCE TO YOU....
Just as, because someone comes at me with pretty words, while underneath telling me that I am, DUMB, STUPID, AND HAVE NEVER AND PROBABLY CANNOT DO ANYTHING BECAUSE I AM BLACK--- and I do not blind myself to the same kind of ******** ... on some pseudo-****-heap of "other's opinions"-- again this is for me.

I am not saying that we should not forgive our brothers and sisters for mistakes--- we should--- just as I feel we should be careful of destroying them... Entertainers and Politicians should be put on a higher plane... because they are the ones heard and seen--- and everybody have a tendency to believe them--- even if they don't speak for us.

Being A Sister, does not entail that I turn a blind eye to the destructiveness that some like Micheal Jackson has brought upon himself, his family and yes, in some respects the Whole Black Community. Nor does it entail me to support political liars and racists of the like of Ward Connerly ( who claims to not be black anyway); Armstrong Williams and a whole host of others... and not to be pimped by people like Al and Jesse; we are victims, but not all of us are victims... and sometimes we bring things upon ourselves...

Just so you can know, Kobe ain't my bro either, never was, neither is Mike Tyson (although I pray that God would bring someone into his life to really help him... whites pimp him like a fool, and them we help...), I am not looking for family in others...but I am expecting it from the majority of the Black American Community...

p.s. Brothers and Sisters should not be afraid to let go of those that weight us down... like Micheal Jackson...

Is there some behavior that we can do that strips our "Sister" or "Brother" status from us? For example, i posted a thread about Michael Jackson, asking "What is up with our Brother?" and someone responded, he aint our Brother.

Can a Sister/Brother not be a Sister/Brother based on things they do or don't do?

I'm just wundr'n yall ...

:heart:

Destee

A White person can never be my sistah or brotha.

And if some Black people reject their own, then I don't claim them either.

Sometimes, it's a matter of "Just cuz he's my color don't make him my brotha."

IMO, yes you can get your "brotha/sistah card" snatched! lol

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back