Destee

destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
When a child (teen) drops out of school, gets pregnant or impregnates someone, does drugs (using, selling, etc.), ends up in jail, refuses to work ... or any of the other things we consider "bad decisions" .... what percentage of the fault should the parent accept?

I realize that by the time teens can make the kind of choices above, a great part of the responsibility falls on their own shoulders ... but as that child's parent(s) ... don't we have to assume some percentage of responsibility ... since it was our job to teach the child ... and we obviously failed?

Or do you think all fault should be placed squarely on the shoulders of the child?

I am a prime example of...

of a seed gone bad. My parents did everything that concerned, dedicated loving parents do. There is one caveat, I was assaulted (raped) in my early teens and never told anyone. As a result, I acted out my hostility, pain etc.

In retrospect, I did things specifically to my father because I felt like he should have been there to protect me. I venture to say that I agree with Kemestry, there are extenuating circumstances and some children will go astray regardless of the efforts of the parent(s).

I would like to add that the opposite also happens. My girlfriend as a third generation project baby. No father in the home, mother died from AIDS and her 23 year old brother died from heart disease. She determined that she "wanted" a different life. She went to job corp, learned a trade, got a job with the city, and is married with children. She was the motivation for her siblings to change the quality of their life. I know this does not directly address the question but I just wanted to point out that the opposite is also a possibility. Something positive can come from a negative environment.

Even this twisted sistah...

knows a good thing. I have perpetuated the same values, ethics and morals in my own family. I know it was because of strong parenting and consistent modeling of their convictions that kept me from going ape****.

But in response to your observation Kemestry, I have heard that and seen the results of it also. I chose to learn vicariously.

WHAT HAPPENS

WHEN THE PARENT IS A KID

PARENTS DO HAVE SOME RESPONSIBILTY

BUT EACH PERSON HAS AN INNATE PRE DESTINY "IF YOU MAY"
THAT THEY WILL FOLLOW THROUGH LIFE

I THINK THEY CALL IT

SOUL

MOTHER & FATHER

PLAYS A ROLE IN THE CHILDS LIKE OF GROWING UP
YET AFTER TEACHING AND PREACHING THE VALUES
AND MORALS OF LIFE IF THAT CHILD GO ASTRAY
ITS NOT THERE FALUT BUT IN SOME CASES CHILDREN
CAN LOSE SELF IN THE STREET LIFE COZ OF MANY
BROKEN HOMES I AGREE WIT KEM AND JADE AS WELL
THERE ARE MANY WAYS A CHILD CAN GO BAD
MOST OFTEN I'VE SEEN THIS

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back