Black People : What must we do to honor Rosa Parks, Malcolm X and Dr. King daily?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Putney Swope, Aug 2, 2009.

1. Putney Swope

Putney Swope Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +139
    Open for discussion

2. Putney Swope

Ratings:
    +139
    no responses yet.

just a test to see if we realy care about those great folks, and thier struggle and work,

our folks,

and doing what is necessary.

3. Putney Swope

Ratings:
    +139
    the silence is deafening,

while our communities are slowly burning

4. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    You mean you haven't caught on to what I posted about black people in America a while ago? Love Rosa, Malcolm and King?...we don't even love our individual selves yet !! How can we when our minds are like computers...garbage in, garbage out. White people know this also and we have in essence subconsciously been programmed away from ourselves! You may not want to believe this but I can prove it. Right now you are the one with blinders on your eyes as it regards our people.

Their struggle is not OUR STRUGGLE !! They knew who their enemy was...we don't !!! We are trying so hard to be just like our enemy and for some reason you act as if you don't see this!!! If you really want to understand what has happened to our people, go to the video store and see if you can find the movie called; "Born Free". Walk the streets and take a poll. Ask the people "how much would the white man have to pay them to move back to Africa?" You'll love the responses!

5. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    IMO, through education in schools and community outreach, through mentor programs, parenting and money management classes, savings and investment programs, teaching history through storytelling w/Elder participation, I think these are some areas we could concentrate on....

6. Putney Swope

Ratings:
    +139
    thank you,

you understood that a solution oriented focus mentality is the key as opposed to a mentality that only accentuates the negative, without seeking a solution

7. Putney Swope

Ratings:
    +139
    THERE WAS AN AFRICAN PROVERB ABOUT A SO CALLED REVOLUTIONARY WHO ORDERED THAT A GROUP OF MEN BE BEATEN NEARLY TO DEATH BECAUSE THEY REFUSED TO READ HIS MANIFESTO REGARDINGTHE OBVIOUS OPRESSION OF THE COLONIZERS AND HOW SILLY THEY LOOKED IN FOLLOWING THE EUROPEANS,

IT WAS NOT UNTIL DAYS LATER THAT HE WAS TOLD BY A LITTLE CHILD THAT THE MEN DID NOT REFUSE BUT WERE ALL ACTUALLY BLIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE POINT IS IF HE HAD READ THE MANIFESTO TO THEM IN LIGHT OF THEIR HANDICAP A SOLUTION HAD THE CHANCE TO OCCUR!!!!!

I DON'T SEE THE UTILITY OF BEATING UP ON FOLKS THAT THE ELITE AMONG US KNOW ARE BRAINWASHED

IN MY OPINION I WOULD RATHER SPEND MY TIME TRYING TO DEVISE WAYS TO GET THEM OUT OF AND HEAL THEM FROM THAT CONDITION
    :qqb012:

8. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,528
  9. Precise Allah

Precise Allah Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Peacemaker
    Ratings:
    +759
    Peace,

One thing we could do to honor their memory is get their names right.

The former Malcom X changed his name to El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz. :fyi:

Peace
    Precise

10. Putney Swope

Ratings:
    +139
    Thank you, and you know the NSA, CIA, and NRO refer him to that new name in thier files.

My inquiry was to how are we replicate the sense of urgency, that these folkshad amongstthose of us that know better and should be organized in a consensus to discuss the survival of the bulk of our community that are catching hell, here and globally