Black People : WHAT MAKES ME A WOMAN

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Qatavia, Nov 30, 2006.

1. Qatavia

Qatavia Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3
    I am a woman that is black and beautiful inside and out, filled with joy and pride.

I am a woman as graceful as a butterfly, as woman should be seen and not heard.

I am a woman that is cunning, a woman of skill and knowledge.

I am a woman with strength, to knock down any boundaries keeping me from my journeys of life.

I am a woman that dream to have a life of an angel with never ending love and happiness.

I am a woman that’s your lover and friend, keep you feeling loved and secure.

I am a woman of respect and admiration; respecting and admiring you mind body and soul.

I am a woman with a passionate kiss with lips as soft as fresh rose petals, I leave you wanting and wishing for more.

I am a woman with a charm that’s as radiant as the sunshine.

I am a woman full of laughter, giggles and grins, which is the medicine of the soul.

I am a woman with my own identity, look into my eyes and you’ll see who I am.

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,677
    Did you mean for this to be a discussion, or poetry?

If you meant it as poetry, i'll move it to the poetry forum ... but if you meant it as discussion, what does this line mean ...

:heart:

Destee

3. sweettee29

sweettee29 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +6
    Well if it is poetry I like it and if it is a discussion thread I like the idea

but I have to ask as well
    What does this mean?

4. robboy2003

robboy2003 Well-Known Member MEMBER

To bring strength and a calming influence,and to s
    Ratings:
    +5
    Sorry, to get the ire up on my sista's,but dang isn't that a man's dream?:shades:

5. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    as i encountered with brother james recently; taking a piece of a statement and trying to give it meaning outside of the context in which it was used, generally throws a monkey wrench into understandings. without the rest of that sentence, there could exist some room for an "offense" to be created where none was intended.

i think y'all are reading too much into that. i don't see it as not being "heard", more as "so graceful, that the things she does are not intrusive". unlike some fellas that are as graceful as a bull in a china shop and can't do much of anything without thumpin on their chest and demanding that every little thing must be noted and applauded.

to me, a Woman can do all sorts of Mighty Works and not require massive acknowledgement (although that really does need to happen); where some fellas will have their "wittle ego crushed" if they doesn't constanly get praised for their big muscles, a Woman will just keep on keeping on!

But it is mutually beneficial to regularly acknowledge that She has been "Heard".

sadly, again, it's this language that we use; it has instilled an extreme difficulty in saying some things, and makes it really easy to grab a "meanining"/"context" for something that may not actually exist.

"graceful as a butterfly", rather than "graceful as an giraffe on roller skates"!

(not, that woulkd be a boy's dream!!)

6. robboy2003

robboy2003 Well-Known Member MEMBER

To bring strength and a calming influence,and to s
    Ratings:
    +5
    A Black man that is;needs no validation,for he knows he is. He does what he is supposed to do,if it is about family. He loves,provides,teaches, and secures to the last breath,for he is a Black man Spiritual warrior and tiger to the tigress; mother earth herself,and Queen Bee: The Black Woman.

Long live the both of them on their journey through life.

Love her consistently,constantly,and with concern