Black People : What Makes a Leader ?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Destee, Apr 6, 2007.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,677
    Peace and Blessings Family,

What makes a leader? ... and ... which of these characteristics do you NOT possess?

My point being ... if we are looking for leaders ... why can't we look to YOU?

What is keeping YOU or any one of us, from being the leader(s) we claim to need?

Why do we complain about what other leaders aren't doing, if we were born with the same abilities as they?

How can we continue to blame leaders for what they are not doing, if we ... you and i ... aren't willing to do it?

Help me understand this part Family.

Thanks in advance.

:heart:

Destee

2. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    What makes a "leader"?

A base of MASS SUPPORT.

Example: Barak Obama.

Just witness his growing presidential campaign and how much money he is raising and the number of campaign contributor donating $100 or less.

Marcus Garvey's UNIA had MASS support until he had tax problems with the IRS and was forced into bankruptcy.

Elijah Muhammad's NOI had MASS support and is perhaps still the largest Black "nationialist" organization in the Diaspora and it mobilized millions of working class Black people with the Million Man March.

Jesse Jackson is a "leader" who organized the Rainbow Coalition and got millions of supporters in his 1984 presidential campaign.

Now, the "moral and spiritual Quality" of this "leadership" can be debated but I am speaking, for now, "quantitatively".

"Why cant we look to YOU?"

LOL!
    Thats a loaded question since for the past 30 years I have held various "leadership" positions in my local communities, and am presently part of a local "leadership team" putting together an Action Plan for our independent school district.

Personally, I am a "team leader" and am against "Messianic leadership".

I believe in "collective" leadership, and am more comfortable in being a "team player", rather than being a "front Man".

Peace...

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,677
    Brother Omowale ... thanks for responding. I think we need some leadership building techniques, because we have people with great ideas, who obviously would not mind leading ... so we should help them become leaders, if we can.

If the main ingredient is MASS SUPPORT, what steps are involved in creating this?

Destee

4. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585

1. POLITICAL RE-EDUCATION.

2. MASS POLITICAL ORGANIZATION.

3. MASS Political MOBILIZATION. And this includes BLACK Alliance/Coalition Building (Among BLACK People).

Note: I am NOT, at this time advancing the notion of Coalition Building with whties, arabs, chinese, koreans, russians, native americans, lationos, etc., as I have done in the PAST).

As far a helping Folks to become "leaders" this is largely SELF-Motivated, involves "volunteerism" and SELF-Sacrifice. Some folks have these "qualities" AND SOME DONT.

The best teacher is EXPERIENCE.

Peace...

5. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,677
    Brother O ... thanks again! :)

Would you mind elaborating on numbers 1, 2, and 3 above, breaking them down so even i can understand?

While i read them, they are not taking hold in my mind, it's not clear to me what you mean. I'm thinking you're using those specific words, when some other more plain words could be used, allowing for those like me to understand better.

For example ... MASS POLITICAL ORGANIZATION ... what the hizzle?!! :censored: ... that sounds like it could mean anything?!

POLITICAL RE-EDUCATION ... isn't it possible that their "political education" is sufficient, not requiring re-education?

Help me understand please, in layman's terms, how to obtain the one ingredient needed to be a leader.

Please keep in mind, we're trying to create leaders (with mass support), so we don't know the lingo yet.

Thanks in advance! :)

Destee

6. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    Well Sister Destee, just as there is no "Easy" way to determine who is YOUR "friend" or YOUR "enemy", ther is no single "one ingredient needed to be a leader".

For example, I lets look at the concept of the "melting pot".

The "melting pot" contains various ingredients, which I liken to a pot of "gumbo soup".

Can you FIX Gumbo with a single ingredient?

When I speak of MASS POLITICAL ORGANIZATION I am speaking of a "bottom-up" (Displaced "Underclass" and Working-class, "proletariat, "lumpen-proletariat) approach rather than the TRADITIONAL "talented-tenth", college organizing approach which focuses on organizing the Black "intelligencia", placing them in a "vanguard" role in leading the "masses".

I am sure this is the MAIN form of current "revolutionary" organizing...which is why the Black "Revolution" is DYING (not yet Dead).

Political "re-Education". I use this because of my "special education" training and TEACHING EXPERIENCE which takes into account the extensive POLITICAL INDOCTRINATION, which has MOST BLACK ((VOTERS)) directing their loyalty and SUPPORT to the Democratic PARTY.

Notice, I did not say Democratic "candidates" such as Barak Obama...I clearly said Democratic PARTY.

Brother Malcom FAILED, yes FAILED to get his message across to MOST Black people concerning how the "Democrats are DIXIECRATS" and since his POLITICAL ASSASSINATION, EVERY single DEMOCRATIC president since 1965 has been a DIXIECRAT.

Now, when I mention this kind of stuff about the DEMOCRATS, or how Lincoln DIDNT "Free the Slaves", ONE member in particular has characterized me as the "enemy", a "Confederate sympathizer" and LYING stating I have referred to the "rebels" as "freedom fighters". This is evidence of someone who has been POLITICALLY INDOCTRINATED and in need of POLITICAL "re-Reducation".

And this can only occur, for example, by this person EXPERIENCING, ORGANIZING, and attempting to MOBILIZE "Black" people, thus becoming "EDUCATED" concerning HOW Black people are not only "taken for Granted" but HOW the "Plan to Prevent the Rise of a BLACK Messiah" (King Alfred Pan and Operation Trojan Horse) are IN FULL EFFECT.

Peace...sorry...Im OUT!
    For you Sister Destee, since you are using her avatar, I suggest ONE Book that will help you, from an EXPERIENTIAL basis...THE ANGELA DAVIS READER`...and I also suggest ONE more...."A Taste of Power: A Black Woman's Story, by ELAINE BROWN.

TWO, Shining, LIVING examples of SURVIVING the attacks against the Black Revolution.

ONE LOVE!
    :kiss1:

7. I-khan

I-khan Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +47
    :bowl: to many 'educated' people I know think this is how 'leadership' should happen.

8. Goddess Auset333

Goddess Auset333 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +23
    Flesh leader or Divine Spiritual leader?

A Nation that is ruled by a FLESH leader will DIE
    A Nation that is ruled by a Divine Spiritual leader who is lead and guides by our Cosmic Ancient Divine Ethereal Spiritual Ancestors-Will live.

The whole purpose of a Divine leader is to teach and show the people their wrong mind-set and show and tell them how to return back to their Divine Infinite mind-set, because the finite mind-set we have today is not working.

If we are not One with Original thoughts of the way we were when we were Divine people, we will remain like scattered roaches when the RAID of Ignorance is sprayed on us.

My Question is What makes or is a Divine leader?

When we omit the word DIVINE in all that we say and do, we might as well continue to expect and be subjected to all that is not Divine. The Human Only treatment, pain and suffering, in a lobotomized mind-set. Get out, get out, get out of the wrong mind-set Black Divine Black Perfect Night people, whose CORE is suppose to be as Black as the Perfect Night.

Get In and stay in Divine lanes My People, so we can once again Become the Divine deities we once were (Divine god-like) people.

We get Divine or get left BE-Hind.

My grandmother always told me that what I am looking for is right under our noses. Those who speak Truth and reality on these forums and off these forums are True Divine leaders. Honobale Chief Osiris Is the True Divine leader for us the entire Black State of being because he takes us behind the evil scenes of the enemies, and how the enemies operates. Chief Osiris shows and tell us how to get out of out finite minds and enter the Abyss of Infinity in our minds. That is what a Leader is.

Is it right to say if we do not know by now, we will never never know? Or will those who do not know now will be able to embrace the next Age of Inner-enlightenmnet say in another 400 years?

When we know the difference between a lying leader we will know what a truthful leader is. The so called leaders in the churches is a good example.

ADDENDUM: What makes a good follower (s)?
    HILY/A

goddess Isis

9. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    Please excuse the typos...

10. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    No disrespect intended but there is no ONE, single, sole "True Divine Leader" for Black people, collectively.

To suggest such accounts to a form of "cultism" and it is exactly this type of "Messianic leadership" which is getting US NOWHERE!