Haiti : What kind of religion would say the horror in Haiti was a good thing??

Discussion in 'Black History - Culture - Panafricanism' started by Ankhur, Jan 15, 2010.

1. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    If folks can answer that they can then send the info so that the millions of Hatians whose lives were ruined can, uuuhm understand that not only Pat Robertson has an answer

2. Blaklioness

Blaklioness Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,812

Ankhur...I agree that such forces need to be called into question and challenged, but, again, you don't think you working these Haitian threads into nothingness? People will be addressing the same issues in about a million different threads which will cause effectiveness to be lost.

3. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,014
    no loss as soon as eyes are opened.

I live and have lived around haitian people since the 70s and these folks here in brooklyn are devestated beyond belief!!!

Folks can make a million excuses for human degredation and white supremacy
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

ARE WE GOING TO BE TOLD THIS WAS THE ACTION OF SOME DEITY, RATHER THEN AS ELIJAH MUHAMMED SAID THE ACTIONS OF A DEVIL????

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. hellogood

hellogood Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +261
    No disrespect bro. A

i have to agree with lioness, Haiti is haiti 50 million threads are not going to change that. Who cares what some religion had to say about anything? People are suffering. This is insanity. I don't see how this conversation could thrive on the streets of Port -au-prince when people are lack basics.

All these cute words we type are a matter of extreme convenience, picture one of us in the middle of that? Would you these threads still matter?

That's how i measure life. What's important when you're near death. Is what truly matters and what should ALWAYS matter.

Yea i'm using "always"

Peace brother again no disrespect. We can agree to disagree.

5. awo dino

awo dino Well-Known Member MEMBER

carpenter, anthropologist, teacher. Right now I te
    Ratings:
    +1,258
    Ankhur, why you feel the need to start a new thread every five minutes? you're making me dizzy!
    we are already having this discussion on the other 50 threads you started on the same subject!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Knock it off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    This is not your personal website.
    Grow up

6. KMTSista

KMTSista Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +259

Thank you!, cause in this situation honestly it doesn't matter.

Everyone in their spiritual path have their point of view and a right to their point of view. Debating points of view does not help the people of Haiti, so I'm chillin and not letting my energies go to waste arguing with this brotha.

wooo saaaaaaaaaiiii

7. Blaklioness

Blaklioness Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,812
    Ankhur...make no mistake, I am not downplaying or 'cheapening' what is happening with us, but having a million threads on the same topic is ineffective because any serious analysis, debate, or insight becomes scattered. After awhile, people lose focus.

8. DARKSIDE MAGICK

DARKSIDE MAGICK Well-Known Member MEMBER

SORCERER
    Ratings:
    +674
    AND NOWWWWW..FOR A MUSICAL INTERLUDE!!!!

YOU GOT TO CHILL!!!

9. blkbutterfly41

blkbutterfly41 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +483
    I want to share my perspective but I also want to hear others. Perhaps just perhaps, if you have just one thread about Haiti with different sub topics, it wiould be more effective and productive. I can;t visist 10 different threads about the same topic.

Todays is the birthday of Martin Luther King. What better way to honor such a day, if we could collectively put asides our differences and come together find solutions and share knowledge, theories, ideas and a little piece of ourselves ??

And how would that benefit our people in Haiti better ??

Listening is sometimes more fruitful then being just heard.

My 2 cents

Have a good day, brother.

10. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,014
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ankhur
    I SERIOUSLY DOUBT THE ORISHAS WOULD HAVE HARMED THE MOST DOWNTRODDEN AND OPPRESSED AFRICANS ON THE WESTERN HEMISPHERE OR DESTROY THE ENTIRE INFRASTRUCTURE OF THE FIRST NATION TO BE FREE OF EUROPEAN DOMINATION OF ALL THE AFRICAAN NATIONS

THEN YOU MUST NOT KNOW THE ORISHAS THEN!!!!!

and this

BANG!!!!!!!...TRANSFORMATION!!!! THAT ALL PAPA LEGBA ...PEOPLE WAS STAGNANT AND NEEDED TO BE MOVED
    It's like he said, it's all about transformation. In order to create something new, you gotta destroy the old. This is hard for a Christian to understand because Paul castrated God and put out the idea that God is good. But if God is the totality of all there is, then he must contain good and bad - positive and negative - right?
    Did not God cause the great flood?
    That would be done through Osun, who "causes men to run when she 's seen on the road." Reference to flood waters. Oshun's waters are the strongest medicine for healing, but also can destroy everything - clean house!
    Oya transforms as a force of nature, as the hurricane, among other things. Hurricanes develop as systems in West Afrika, and do their cleaning in the Caribean, etc.

HHMMMMM

My post was in response to these remarks
    OK!

Dr King said folks were calling him a drum major behind his back, but it would good to hear also his response and what he said he was a drum major for.

we can sit and respond ton just one post for three months or talk about sports, or the latest gossip if that makes some more comfortable.

But it seems there are amny folks here who want things out in the open and revealed and an end to hypocracy.

We have heard all kinds of cults tell us that slavery was a blessing for us and all kids of what not, now if in the name of Dr king you think they deserve these kinds of statements then just think about what he would say.

I passed about 2 to 300 Haitians up here in Brookly East Flatbush since the incident, maybe you would like to tell them I should not be irrate about flippant statemnts about the famileis they lost!