Black People : What kind of employee are you?

Do you approach all of your employees the same way? Do you talk to them all the same way? On my job,I have a bottom line I won't go pass,and my wife knows it. The reason I'm saying this is I never forget who, and what I am. I don't have a chip on my shoulder, or anything like that. But there is a lot of white behavior I just don't engage in because I know me. Now you may approach Ol billy bob in a loud voice, chiding him on the spot. That's not me, and I and my boss have talked about this. If you were my boss,I feel we would have problems because of who, and what we are. Nothing personal,I'm sure you are a good boss. I'm just speaking from experience when one of us is top dog.

Peace!
Yes, I approach all of my employees the same way. I don't yell at my children and I especially don't yell at grown folks. I do, however, have very high expectations and demand professionalism. I expect people to be resourceful and to use the resources I provide to solve problems. I have never approached any of my employees in a loud voice. In my office, I don't know what "white behavior" is. We service customers and cars who all pay in green, plastic, or checks. I have White employees and Black employees. We all have to work as a team. I don't have time for that "White behavior", "Black behavior" trash.

If you were my boss,I feel we would have problems because of who, and what we are. Nothing personal,I'm sure you are a good boss. I'm just speaking from experience when one of us is top dog.

Peace!

Seriously?? I have not seen this in my personal business, but I have heard comments like this from brothers and sisters all of my life. It's actually disturbing to me. Looking at the situation from both perspectives I think Black employees expect Black bosses to not have high expectations of them and to let them slide on things that a White boss might not. From the employee perspective, they may see the boss as a pawn set in place by the White man to control Black employees. Therefore, resentment might be there from the word go.

In my case, I don't think I have that particular problem.

I don't know what "white behavior" is.

Oh yes you do,don't be obtuse.

We service customers and cars who all pay in green, plastic, or checks. I have White employees and Black employees. We all have to work as a team

This has nothing to do with white behavior.

I don't have time for that "White behavior", "Black behavior" trash.

How can you not have time for something you claim you know nothing about?

Just a thought;)

Peace!

Seriously?? I have not seen this in my personal business,

Because you're top dog.

but I have heard comments like this from brothers and sisters all of my life. It's actually disturbing to me

Well,we all can't be lying,now can we? Like I said,don't take it personal. I will give you the benefit of the doubt that you are a good boss. A black man that don't come out of a bag with other blacks. I gave you your props.

Looking at the situation from both perspectives I think Black employees expect Black bosses to not have high expectations of them and to let them slide on things that a White boss might not.

I agree 100%. I have to bust a brutha in the Navy because he could not discern between being on liberty, and being on the ship. On liberty, we were equal, but when we put that uniform on,I expected my orders to be followed. So you get no argument from me on this point.

From the employee perspective, they may see the boss as a pawn set in place by the White man to control Black employees. Therefore, resentment might be there from the word go.

Because some are. I've seen brutha change once whity gave them a little authority. I don't mind authority,but I despise yes-sa-bosses. This one fool wouldn't tell the white boys that they were taking too long of a lunch,they snickered at him when he did. But he would always come to the bruthas 5 min before our time was up to make sure we didn't go over our 30min.

In my case, I don't think I have that particular problem.

No you don't....Poop always roll down hill.

Peace!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back