Black People : What kind of employee are you?

You must have took some kind of personal communication class because this is what I was looking for,and you gave the right approach. Brovo-Zulu!!!! (in the navy,this is the highest compliment)

If you didn't take such a class,then the compliment is even more deserving. While many people conduct themselves this was,four times as many don't. They only see what went wrong, point the finger, and begin to verbally push. Well I'm the type that I push back. This is why I always paraphrase on my job,to make sure I fully understand what ever it is.
Thanks for the compliment. I don't specifically remember if I had a personal communication class but I am sure I have had something along those lines. I have "endured" :) a wide variety of military and civilian leadership training/indoctrination.

I know he did. He would walk pass me and sing that song called "Back Stabbers". Finally,after the third time, I told him if he front me like that again we would settle it on the beach when he got off of restriction. I knew he was trouble the first time he came to the shop ans used the "N" word with me. It was 4 of us there,all bruthas. I told him then,we don't say that in my shop. I gave him a history lesson of why we don't say it,then I gave him the military reason why. I also told him to not refer to me personally as that because I'm far from one. He didn't like that,I had to here all the "come on bruha" this, and "come on bruh" that. Secondly, I could give a white boy an order, and they would do it,as well as the other bruthas. This fool was an E-1,I was an E-5, and in front of everybody under me would say "f.....that ,I don't feel like doing that ish" ,or have me tell him to do something 3 or 4 times. That is when I busted him. I could not treat him one way,and the rest of the shop another.

He took our friendship, and race the wrong way.
Unfortunately, I have experienced the almost exact same senario back when I was an E-4 Corporal.

What makes it bad is that he was in maintenance, he knows that it all comes out in the wash. Many times we don't get a full lunch because something would break, and we would have to go and fix it. Sometimes it would take hours depending on what it was. Also the boss didn't "really" mind,he came down on the shop when some started taking an hour. He knew this, and yet he wanted to enforce the letter of the law with us, but not with the white boys.
If he was "letter of the law" with everyone I would think he was just a bonehead, but respect his position and authority....but if he was one way with White boys and another way with brothers, I would think he was a sorry excuse for a leader and lost all respect for him as an individual.

I think this is why you have the insight you have. In the Navy,the best officers are the Mustangs. They have come up through the enlisted ranks, then became an officer. This comment here said it all,it told me a great deal about how you treat you employees.

Many people bosses, or otherwise don't know how powerful this one little step is when dealing with people. It all deals with conflict resolution. Once again...Brovo-Zulu

Peace!
I was an E-6 when I converted.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back