Black People : What Jobs Do Not Support The System - Name Them

all activities of this alleged "global civilization" are components of "the system". absolutely no way out of "supporting" this "system" unless one steps completely out of it. ain't easy.

and ain't agonna change until a mindset grows that breaks this cycle of "rising and falling civilizations". come along with me and dance - call it "anAfrican's Room" and make it a class or columnist or something. serious tip - i just read this before i got started bringing that.

in the meantime, check out these folks that done dropped out of, been kicked to the curb of, or been deemed not worthy of being part of that "system". nicklesville is one of the projects that the organization of homeless and formerly homeless folks (Seattle Housing and Resource Effort[SHARE] i have been part of for the last three years is doing to support those of us that are out here on the fringes. the bunkhouse project is another and, i'm thinking, could be the beginnings/cornerstone of a consolidation of the Planetary Have-Not Community into a "Street Nation Earth" that will bring the "meek inheritance" bit and grow an interactive, permanent "This Was Earth Monument" (obviously very long term project!) .... but more later. <grin>

to answer the original question: there are no "jobs" that do not support the system because by definition "job" is something done to <shrug> support the components that make up the system.

silly me, what was i thinking? MY job does not support this system. in fact, along with the other jobs within the SHARE network, we support the folks that have been dumped out of the system.

i'm a SHARE2 Staff member. my job is to be the upholder and moral authority of the SHARE network's system of self-managed "democratic" "stand alone" programs. on the surface, i'm essentially "on-site management" for one of the SHARE network's self-managed programs, the Safehaven Shelter (the others are the SHARE Storage Lockers and the SHARE Bunkhouse Program). my "job" is "officially" to "observe and report" (yeah, we get a giggle, and a cringe, out of that after that danged movie came out. :\ ) i'm the one that is the visible reminder of SHARE's policies regarding rules and conduct. i ain't supposed to have to do or say anything because the folks in the shelters know what the rules are, have access to all SHARE policy and procedures and are the actual developers of their own internal house rules, so they are supposed to know all this stuff. (but one could almost be amazed at how they still try to slip and sly by on some of the silliest, flimsiest nothings! lol)

additionally, SHARE has 14 other shelters that are hosted by churches and are predominantly overseen by the individual shelters' duly elected Executive Committee in concert with a partnership between SHARE (in the body of the Men's/Women's Shelter Organizer) and the hosting church.

other jobs within the SHARE network include Shelter Organizer, Men's Shelter Organizer, Women's Shelter Organizer, Bunkhouse Organizer, SHARE2 Organizer, Overflow Logistics Coordinator, Storage Locker Coordinator and the SHARE Administrator (with bookkeeping functions farmed out.)

SHARE also has two "tent cities" which have their own hierarchy of "jobs" that support folks that have been dumped by the system. having not gotten deeply internally involved with the tent cities (TC3 and TC4), i am not sure of all the titles for positions within the tent cities, but i do know that they have at least Move Masters, Executive Committees, Security Staff.

and, of course, as mentioned within the previously referenced article, Nicklesville also has it's Executive Committee, Security Staff, Donation Organizers and so on.

now, some would say "yeah, but are these really "jobs" per se?" well, yeah; these positions all entail degrees of responsibility, are necessary components of making our "system" work and support the greater good of our efforts. as to whether or not they "provide a living wage" (smh - that wage slave stuff is part and parcel to this whole system of supremelunacy that perpetuates this deadly cycle of rising and falling civilizations, but ...) SHARE's Organizers and Coordinators are the only ones that actually get "paid" and have to pay taxes on their income and all that other "normal" crap that y'all associate with a "job". these are typically right above minimum wage. some of them live in "normal" apartments; some of them live in one of the three "work for housing" SHARE2 houses (such as where i live).

"well, ok. maybe. but can i support my children on those wages?!" yeah, that's a question that a whole bunch of folks are asking, ain't it?!! unlike them, most of us have already been "helped" by this darling wonderful "system" in that regard in that too many of our Families have been busted up because there is this idiot notion that a Family of Human Beings can no longer survive together under varying degrees of "stress" so they take the kids, dump them into foster homes with folks that don't know them and make the kids grow up thinking that their real parents and families aren't good enough thereby creating yet another generation of disgruntled teens that act out and wind up stuck back into the "system" on the "department of corruptions" side ... oops - scuse; another of my hot buttons

anyway. for the most part in this "society" any "job" that is worth doing, i.e. does not support this system and does support humans, doesn't pay and is mostly disrespected so who's gonna do them, anyway? additionally, to my mind, there is a whole heap of moral ambiguity in entirely too many of them but mostly because they do support this morally bankrupt degenerative devolving system.

dang, destee; you got into one of your "moods" today. for a hot second as i was reading the original post in one of these threads, i almost caught a glimpse of whatever it was that twisted your tail feathers into putting forth these threads. but then i got caught up in what was being said and stuff and it slipped away again. but they did kinda drag me back to the keyboard for a sec. thanks!

in the meantime, check out these folks that done dropped out of, been kicked to the curb of, or been deemed not worthy of being part of that "system". nicklesville is one of the projects that the organization of homeless and formerly homeless folks (Seattle Housing and Resource Effort[SHARE] i have been part of for the last three years is doing to support those of us that are out here on the fringes. the bunkhouse project is another and, i'm thinking, could be the beginnings/cornerstone of a consolidation of the Planetary Have-Not Community into a "Street Nation Earth" that will bring the "meek inheritance" bit and grow an interactive, permanent "This Was Earth Monument" (obviously very long term project!) .... but more later. <grin>

All the activities you listed above, must FIRST support the system, if they want to keep those jobs.

Okay.

With respect to a couple of aspects that you've
put forth: racism....white supremacy,
How, specifically, does the jobs support them?

"Racism"...., I don't believe there is a clear definition as to what that means.
Such that, I am starting to hear the phrase "racial bias" thrown around.

As I understand the meaning of what 'racism' is, it is an inherent belief
that one racial/ethnic group of people is superior to other groups of race/ethnic group.
I see that and say, 'okay', one thinks their peops are the greatest. That's not the problem;
not even an issue as far as I'm concern. Believe what one wants about their people.
The problem is how it is manifested. If it is manifested in such a way that impedes
a groups civil and human rights, then yes, there is a problem.

Taking the above and sitting it side by side with one of my examples, such
as afrikan-centered institutions, how does such an institution support the
system with respect to racism? Yt racism to be exact.

But first and foremost ... to even maintain those positions ... you have to live up to what the system / law requires.

Okay but first we should be specific about the laws with respect to the
examples given.

If you're on a job, you've got to do what those who control the system, say you must do ... if you want to keep that job.

Yes, however you speaking with respect to a particular job. Be at work at
8 oclock. Take breaks at such and such time. If those examples are valid
then I don't see how that supports "the system" with respect to the examples
you have given.

What we tend to do, is attack each other ... based on someone's perceived notion, that their support of the system, is less than another's.

Okay, now I see where you are headed. We've had that conversation before.
I'll just say this rhetorically: What is the human experience without its share
of contradictions?

It's krazee to me ... a great distraction to us all ... for if we simply accepted that we all do it ... we could quit attacking each other.

It's krazee to you; I'll take your word for it. "Attack" is a matter of
interpretation. For example: Boycotting the bus system back in the day
was part in parcel a fight for civil rights. However such an action was an
"attack" on those who economically/financially benefits from the bus
services. Bringing attention to the public about the dangers of meth and
even the meth labs is seen a doing what is right, but to the meth
dealers that kind of attention is an attack on their lively-hood.
Ida b. wells reported about the lynchings going on. "The system"
did not like her bringing to light in a journalist fashion how it
treats its 'citizens'. How could "the system" go before the u.n.
stand on a moral high ground and denounce other nations for
the way they mistreat their citizens, when information regarding
the hundreds of lynchings hit international media? In that respect,
well's job did not support "the system".

But i think that's how the system is meant to work ... it's thot of everything ... keeping us fussing at each other ... as we continue to support it.

When folks feel strong about their position on 'this or that', it can get
fierce, I reckon. However, saying nothing where one sees wrong also
supports the system.

Yeah ... doing good stuff is great, trying to counter it is great, empowering a child when you can, feeding the hungry, protecting someone from mistreatment ... those are all great things ... but they do not negate the support given to the system.

If "the system" wants to starve you, then by you feeding the hungry does
not support the system. You do recall the child breakfast programs the panthers created?
Hoover said it was a threatening element. Hoover is a manifestation of "the system" that
found thiis job non-supportive. If the system wants you to not have/build confidence and
or create a mindset that does not work in the interest of "the system" in some capacity, then you are
not supporting "the system"

In fact, if we count all of that great stuff up, the system still prevails at the end of the day ... at least so far, that's been the case.

Dig,

The jews, have been getting kicked around europe for hundreds of years by
the host nations and their "systems' ". Even long before adolf came on the
scene, fact. A number of folks in the (euro) jewish world did not find
themselves in key political/economic positions of influence by totally
(emphasis on 'totally) acquiescing to the state of affairs "the system"
they have found themselves in.

The japanese got bombed on by "the system" and in surrender agreed to
not establish a standing military. In other words, they can have no more
than a national guards. Yet however, while under the thumb of
"the system", they found themselves 40 or 50 years later in position where
"the system", was, as dr. clarke states, "begging for commercial space".

Both groups had (and has) their share of bickering at each other just as
as any group will that's been 'smacked up' somt'in serious by an outside
entity. More or less it will take time to shake off the affect.

Thanks for Sharing.

:heart:

Destee

HoTep.

Okay.

With respect to a couple of aspects that you've
put forth: racism....white supremacy,
How, specifically, does the jobs support them?

"Racism"...., I don't believe there is a clear definition as to what that means.
Such that, I am starting to hear the phrase "racial bias" thrown around.

As I understand the meaning of what 'racism' is, it is an inherent belief
that one racial/ethnic group of people is superior to other groups of race/ethnic group.
I see that and say, 'okay', one thinks their peops are the greatest. That's not the problem;
not even an issue as far as I'm concern. Believe what one wants about their people.
The problem is how it is manifested. If it is manifested in such a way that impedes
a groups civil and human rights, then yes, there is a problem.

Taking the above and sitting it side by side with one of my examples, such
as afrikan-centered institutions, how does such an institution support the
system with respect to racism? Yt racism to be exact.

The jobs (examples you cited) support the government, the system, etc., by contributing a portion of their wages to support its continuance.

Okay but first we should be specific about the laws with respect to the
examples given.

Specifically, the law requires that the jobs you listed, as well as all income earning ventures, give a percentage of those earnings back to the system.

Yes, however you speaking with respect to a particular job. Be at work at
8 oclock. Take breaks at such and such time. If those examples are valid
then I don't see how that supports "the system" with respect to the examples
you have given.

No matter what time one has to be at work, their number of breaks, etc., they are still required to support the system with a percentage of their earnings.

Okay, now I see where you are headed. We've had that conversation before.
I'll just say this rhetorically: What is the human experience without its share
of contradictions?

That's interesting, though I don't know what it means or how it applies in this discussion.

It's krazee to you; I'll take your word for it. "Attack" is a matter of
interpretation. For example: Boycotting the bus system back in the day
was part in parcel a fight for civil rights. However such an action was an
"attack" on those who economically/financially benefits from the bus
services. Bringing attention to the public about the dangers of meth and
even the meth labs is seen a doing what is right, but to the meth
dealers that kind of attention is an attack on their lively-hood.
Ida b. wells reported about the lynchings going on. "The system"
did not like her bringing to light in a journalist fashion how it
treats its 'citizens'. How could "the system" go before the u.n.
stand on a moral high ground and denounce other nations for
the way they mistreat their citizens, when information regarding
the hundreds of lynchings hit international media? In that respect,
well's job did not support "the system".

While Our Beloved Ancestor did great things, bringing news to the forefront, she simultaneously had to pay a percentage of her earnings to the same system that supported, protected, and encouraged those lynchings.

Anything we do, that can be likened to Ida, will be done while simultaneously supporting the system ... if any money is earned during the process.

My point is, we can still do great things to counter the system ... as Ida did ... but you must first abide the laws that require support of its continuance.

When folks feel strong about their position on 'this or that', it can get
fierce, I reckon. However, saying nothing where one sees wrong also
supports the system.

Our requirement to support the system with our earnings, does not mean we can't speak on wrong when we see it.

For the most part, the system doesn't care what you speak about, so long as you pay your money in support of it.

If "the system" wants to starve you, then by you feeding the hungry does
not support the system. You do recall the child breakfast programs the panthers created?
Hoover said it was a threatening element. Hoover is a manifestation of "the system" that
found thiis job non-supportive. If the system wants you to not have/build confidence and
or create a mindset that does not work in the interest of "the system" in some capacity, then you are
not supporting "the system"

You're right, basically the system determined that the jobs the Panthers were doing, was not acceptable to the system ... so the system stopped them, arrested those folk, harassed them, and ended the breakfast programs that they were doing.

Now, there are folk today feeding breakfast to children, and the system allows them to continue.

The system determines what is acceptable, allowed, etc., and we're all required to fund this very system daily ... even as they fought the Panthers ... with our earnings.

Dig,

The jews, have been getting kicked around europe for hundreds of years by
the host nations and their "systems' ". Even long before adolf came on the
scene, fact. A number of folks in the (euro) jewish world did not find
themselves in key political/economic positions of influence by totally
(emphasis on 'totally) acquiescing to the state of affairs "the system"
they have found themselves in.

The japanese got bombed on by "the system" and in surrender agreed to
not establish a standing military. In other words, they can have no more
than a national guards. Yet however, while under the thumb of
"the system", they found themselves 40 or 50 years later in position where
"the system", was, as dr. clarke states, "begging for commercial space".

Both groups had (and has) their share of bickering at each other just as
as any group will that's been 'smacked up' somt'in serious by an outside
entity. More or less it will take time to shake off the affect.

HoTep.

I don't know a lot about the Jews or the Japanese, but I have heard that the system we all support, paid them cash money (or helped them receive it) for the atrocities they faced. Yet this same system, that we have historically and continually supported with our labor and money, deemed that Black Folk deserve no monetary compensation for the atrocities visited upon us.

That's the system, they make the calls, and we support those decisions with our earnings ... whether we like their decisions or not.

Which is why I don't understand why we jump on some Sisters and Brothers for supporting it, when we all support it.

Folk hate'n on those employed by the military, police, judiciary, prisons, etc., when their earned income goes directly to support them all.

Them folk aint doin nuth'n but blow'n hot air ... hate'n the police but paying their salaries at the same time ... that's krazee to me.

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back