Black Entertainment : What Jamie Foxx sees in hefty black women

dustyelbow

REGISTERED MEMBER
Oct 25, 2005
Q: Would you say this is a valentine to the big black sassy diva?

Foxx: To the black girl diva? Interesting... I know exactly what you mean, but there’s so much in the air with the Michael Richards thing, black folks is real sensitive. ‘Black?! What do you mean, black? Why not ebony? Watch your tongue!’

But yeah, it is a testimony to that, and I’ll tell you what I mean by that. 500 years of slavery taught us things and etched certain things in our minds. When you see the hefty black woman, she was the woman who raised the kids in our history. She raised the white kids, she was the woman with the great advice, she was the woman on the porch, she was my grandmother. Those images we cannot get out of our minds, those are true images. When you see this, it’s tailor-made for that sort of thing because when Jennifer starts to sing, she is singing for that woman that has been ostracized, whether she’s black or white, because of her weight. Because she don’t fit the bill. Because her clothes aren’t exactly right. She’s not the hourglass thing. So when she belts out ‘I Am Telling You,’ she is doing that. This is what you feel and it’s for everybody. She’s doing it first for herself, and then for anybody who can plug into that energy.

BLACK women with larger frames than the socalled IDEAL have a history that even STARS cant see BEYOND.

IMAGE is EVERYTHING. AGREEING with the MEDIA about IMAGES of US is BRINGS NO JUSTICE.

Oh well.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back