Black People : What is your passion?

I

have many. My Grands and Greatgrand children, Black people becoming whole, children reading (making sure they have books in thier hands), young people/seniors, politics, my friends....I could go on

.. or what are your passions.. ? What feeds your mind, body and soul?

My passions shift through age and the gravitional pulls of life.. however there are a few that I hold onto one being the most gratifying is being a participant in someone elses transformations... This next part may sound a bit twisted, but I get enjoyment from watching others struggle, or go through very difficult circumstances. Not at all to say that I love seeing one in pain, no... But it is that against all odds, fiery, determined attitude that comes over them when they are in must do situations, especially when so many have counted them out, or when they themselves have been their worst critic. But they seem to take on another appearance once they've came through. I have witnessed it among all peoples of the world, so I guess that is why I love working with ex this, former that's, used to be, and has beens ...when I get to be an instrument in them overcoming what it is they are dealing with, then that makes me much more acceptable to changes in my own dealings in life. This may seem vain, but. In quite a few instances in my own life I get discouraged, and self confidence gets knocked around a bit...so in a nut shell my passion too is helping others which in turn helps me in the process....I had the honor of seeing both my eldest brother, and father break away from drug addictions, and abuse to become great mentors, and powerful speakers. I could go on and on, but watching them go through, so that I and others do not need to, gives comfort...

.. or what are your passions.. ? What feeds your mind, body and soul?
Envisioning milions of Black folks not having to face the mess that is coming when the cork bottoms out of the US economy and praying and donating fro those millions of Africnas who are cathcing hell right this minute, and wondering why folks feeel as though unting to solve these problems or at least put a dent in them is wrong at that Black nationalism is something bad.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back