Black People : What is your opinion on this parable

I see where you going with this and true the world see us as the off seed of life
but once release into the path of self journey we become more wise in depth and
fulfill all the goal set even with the less and proper schooling i agree many do become
very productive

I think within our very on race, we do the same thing. I find this parable to hold some truth. Like Sister Indya said, it also depends on the personalities of the individuals. But if we look at how we respond to each other, I think most of us stand divided and both children are indeed affected by it. I can't say for sure if either had a positive/negative outcome because of it. I know you were taking about the white race but I find myself thinking more about us.

That is true Sister MahoganyQueen. We have came a long prosperous way.
With still so much more to overcome, The journey seems so long to me.

I know that alot of my people are awoke and ready to move forward, but some don't have a clue of how to do it. I think that is where our problem is. Now that we are more aware, what action do we take now and how do we implement it in to our already chaotic busy lives? Once each indivdual figure this out, growth will be immensed. Stagnant will not have a place to fester.

The blame game

mahoganyqueen said:
One of my mentors told this to me when I asked the questions of why are my people in such bad shape compared to the white race.

A man has two sons. His first born son was the apple of his eye. His second born son was the cause of the mother's death. Because of this the father hated the second born son and could not stand to look at him. He made the second born son live in the barn and treated him worst than the animals. He refused to educate him or acknowledge him. He felt like the rest of the world hated theson as much as he edid and he refused to let the son leave the farm. On the other hand, the father did everything he could for the first born son. He gave him the best of everything, including education. After the first born son graduated from college the father realized that he was wrong for blaming the second born son for the death of the mother. He told both of sons to go out into the world and forge their own paths in life. Which son will prosper?

Black people are seen as the second son and white people are seen as the first son. How does everyone view this? Do you see this comparison as a kind of excuse?

I absolutely do not agree that this is a comparison between blacks and whites. I have a question, who is the father of the two son? Is the father suppose to be God or the powers that be at the time. This story suggests that some ruler or authority favors one son over the other from conception without any reasonable justification. It also promotes irresponsibility and self pity. This is a clear case of blame shifting. One son was GIVEN everything and the other son was GIVEN a hard way to go. Here something for your mentor.

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

A Time for Everything

There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under heaven:

2 a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
3 a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
4 a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
5 a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain,
6 a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,
7 a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,
8 a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.

This applies to all people.

Peace

Radical Faith

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back