What is your opinion about the move toward cloning?

Nia Maishani

REGISTERED MEMBER
Nov 22, 2001
Displaced at the Junction of Hoosiers and Bluegras
Occupation
Business Owner
Advanced Cell Technology released a report today that they cloned the first human "embryos". Rationale: "therapeutic value"; aim is to "create" healthy cells from "embryos", and transplant those healthy cells into unhealthy persons, to supposedly cure certain illnesses (such as heart disease) and spinal injuries. What do you think?

Cloning not gonna happen?

Now what constitutes "safe" or "unsafe" cloning of cells? And how do we know what technology does not exist for certain practices? One biomedical company in particular has gone on the record to say that human embryo cloning is an everyday thing for them, and that their location is undisclosed for security reasons.

Kemetstry wrote: "Moreover, the ethical questions of human experimentation is a line that should only be crossed under the most rigorous restrictions and rules."

I agree with that, although it is my opinion that we have already crossed that line on countless occasions under lenient terms. Increasingly lenient terms, to be precise.

Kemetstry wrote: "I suspect that recent developments will only accelerate legislation against such acts."

I predict that it won't. Although Congress is considering a ban, and several states have already issued bans on cloning, there are too many arguments in favor of it (although not rational arguments, in my opinion) for it not to happen...eventually.

Most people want, by what ever means, to see cures come for various life-threatening illnesses. If for no other reasons, the masses will be in favor of cloning once they become deceived into believing that cloning is the answer to those health problems and others. Heart disease, a very commonly referenced illness that can potentially (supposedly) be cured through cloning, is entirely preventable. That fact is never taken into consideration. Root issues in general are never considered or acknowledged.

Most folk who do not have a strong opinion either for or against abortion, will acquiesce under terms of "saving the life of the mother". Thus, if it benefits someone who is further along in "life", or if it benefits a larger population in comparison to one "potential personhood", most will be in favor. Legalizing abortion, then legalizing stem cell research were merely two precedents to what is about to become a sanctioned practice. Cloning, that is. Transgender surgeries fall under the same category. It is all human experimentation for convenience. And for profit.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back