Black People : What is Your Nationality?

Lost Legacy

Little is known and taught concerning the true history of black people (so-called) that were sold into slavery pryor to the slave trade. For example, it is a fact that the slaves that were shipped to countries like America, Britain and the West Indies during the Cargo Slave Trade were from defeated Israelite kingdoms on the west coast of Africa! That these black Israelites that had built these Kingdoms on the west coast of Africa were originally from Jerusalem.

The mystery schrouding the true ethnic background and historical past of black people is revealed in the Bible. Christ spoke of the miraculouse rebirth of this dead and scattered nation. The prophet Ezekiel referred to them as the 'valley of the dry bones' Ezeliel 37:11-12.

For more information on this subject www.realisraelites.com
Or contact azariahlah@realisraelites.com

In the Spirit of Sankofa!

Little is known and taught concerning the true history of black people (so-called) that were sold into slavery pryor to the slave trade. For example, it is a fact that the slaves that were shipped to countries like America, Britain and the West Indies during the Cargo Slave Trade were from defeated Israelite kingdoms on the west coast of Africa! That these black Israelites that had built these Kingdoms on the west coast of Africa were originally from Jerusalem.

The mystery schrouding the true ethnic background and historical past of black people is revealed in the Bible. Christ spoke of the miraculouse rebirth of this dead and scattered nation. The prophet Ezekiel referred to them as the 'valley of the dry bones' Ezeliel 37:11-12.

Tribalist,

Welcome to Destee.com, as a long standing member here, I must tell you that this post is very interesting to me. But also, if I may, there is more curiosity as to what brought you here. We can always get into a discussion on the issues, while not knowing a little something about each other, agreed!

Great post. :em2300: I prefer the term National background but lets not play semantics here. I agree those of us melanites who colonized and civilized the west coast of Africa are the same brothers and sisters who eventually became slaves to the west. Some were brought to the Americas and others were already here.

Without getting to deep... Nationality is the state or quality of belonging to a nation. French American, German American, Nigerian American, Egytian American Itallian American...etc....Afro is a hairstyle. Africa is a conticent. So neither qualify as a Nationality.

Well, if I ever get an "Admixture test" done and can determine just which "Country/Nation" in Africa my DNA is closest to, then, could I declare my "Nationality" as a "Ghanian-American" or a "Kenyan American," etc...

I believe the term nationality is misunderstood in your post. While the single term 'American' is not a nationality, it is used in that context. American = citizen of the United States. This is how it is most commonly used and understood. A citizen being a legal member of state.

In that context, you are an American citizen, just like all the others you listed above.. Irish-American, Italian-American etc.. but know those terms (irish, italian etc) are not describing nationality, but ethnicity - a social group that shares the same cultural history/roots.

The debate is long standing on whether African Americans should call themselves that because they lack a designated African country to link their roots and culture to. Some believe the term Black American is ethnic in itself, as being Black in America shares social history/culture to such an extent it is a separate ethnic group.

Bear in mind African Americans are not the only group without a designated country to base their ethnicity on - there are afro-germans, afro-brits and likely many more - but their nationalities are clear, as is should be for the African American too.

Nationality vs ethnicity - they should not be confused.

Interesting post!

Over the years, the debate has endured over what differentiates "race," "ethnicity" and "nationality."

Even throughout the Diaspora one seems to get varying definitions.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back