Black Poetry : What Is Your Legacy?

DymePlaya2g/triniti

...we ALL have contributions we make in the lives of others. a kind word. a simple hello. can mean so much to someone who needs to hear it...at the exact moment they really need it. it may not mean much to US, at the time, but to that one who needs it...well, i'm reminded of the "Color Purple," when Whoopi saw Oprah in the store, during her punishment for hitting the white man. all Whoopi did was to put her finger under her chin and raise her head. but what it did for Oprah was much more--i don't remember the character's names. anyway, we need that encouragement, at times.

Dyme...ain't nothing wrong with watery eyes. we've all been there. we've all had to deal with the pressures of EVERYDAY. we've all looked in the mirror and wondered WHY...why me? KEEP YOUR HEAD UP. a change is coming. IT'S GON' GET BETTER.

triniti...funny you should say that motivational speaker thing. actually, this was inspired by a motivating speech, at my niece's college graduation.

THANKS for reading.

In the Spirit of Sankofa and Life!

Baller- Yo I'm such a softee now...this moved a man to watery eyes cuz if i would have read this 2 months ago, i wouldn't have had an answer. After a failed suicide attempt i realize im human and recognize my contributions. I LOVED THIS!

LOVE&RESPECT,
DP2G

DymePlaya2G,

It is with utmost caution that I approach this post and thread. Initially, my single reply would have been to Brother baller, however, as I continued reading I found your testimony of knowing or having an answer to the question, Who are you?

So it is that I say to you and Brother baller, an answer to this most intriguing question is all that remains, thus making the journey complete for all, or at least a start in that direction; what say you baller, and what say DymePlayer2g about supplying an answer.

And answer that perhaps prevents what has been described inside this post. Whether singularly, jointly or both, give us an answer to the question: Who are you?…………what say you my Brothers and my Friends?

Clyde Coger...

...if i had to respond to an WHO AM I question...i would pause and consider, with all TRUE intentions...to play out a story that few people know...'bout a little boy black, and the things he went through...that story would go on, deep into the day...but, who i am, cannot be described in that way.

i be baller
large trunk of my family tree
i have three limbs
they've all separated from me

i'm a wordsmith
master of the river's flow
feet dangling in the stream
heart pumping...well, you know.

i be baller.
meager creation of my FATHER'S love
trying to be the ME that HE thought of
when HE created ME

WALK with me.
on my journey into forever
coz my FATHER would never
leave me

BELIEVE ME.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back