Black Money Business Jobs : What is your entreprenurial venture?

NNQueen said:
This is a good thread and I'm surprised that it is slow and inactive. I know not everyone here has an entreprenurial spirit or will or even has the desire to be self-employed. But there should be enough of us given the sentiments expressed in other threads, to keep this thread moving.

I like the real estate market and always have. I've had rental property and agricultural property and both have been profitable investments but it wasn't something that I wanted to do full time. I'm the type of person that is always looking for investments that can serve a multi-purpose. That's why now that I'm seriously planning for my retirement in the near future, I am looking at the hospitality industry. I'm thinking about becoming an innkeeper. It's business that you can do and never leave home. It gives you the opportunity to meet people and create a nice environment for them and generate an income at the same time. Depending on what type you want start-up costs can be very little or a lot.

I've never done anything like this before which is why I'm doing extensive research, networking and seeking advice from professionals in the industry. I think I'll be good at it and want to find ways to make my place uniquely attractive to Black people. Who knows, maybe I'll eventually turn my ideas into a franchise.

I plan to start attending conferences to learn how to not just own a B&B, but how to be successful and make it profitable too.

Next???

Queenie :heart:

I too am in the Real Estate industry. I also own invest properties that I rent through our local housing authority Section 8. It has been very rewarding so far. As a Real Estate Paralegal/License Mortgage Broker I have been able to do a lot of entreprenurial endeavors. I started my own business, credit repair and or bankruptcy. I enjoy helping people and learning. My desire is to work for myself totally by the end of the year, doing what I love, personal financial counseling, credit repair, and home financing.

I am a business owner...and my company does well...

It took 3yrs before I turned a profit, and now in it's 5th year will be the most profitable yet...

Hodee gave great instruction...it's actually the steps I followed to become a successful business owner...

To all keep ya head, and keep it moving...and love what you do, then sacrifice will not matter!

Get Money!

mchinadoll, you've listed some interesting and most definitely much needed services. Do you provide online assistance with credit repair services? Are there some general rules you can share without "giving" the information away since it is a business venture for you?

My credit report isn't bad but my FICO score isn't as high as I would like for it to be and I want to make a major real estate purchase soon and might decide to purchase a mortgage.

There's so many different ways to get a mortgage these days but I'm wondering is there one that is better than all others, i.e., conventional 15 year- or 30-year fixed rate.

Do you think it's a good investment to pay cash for a house if you can afford to versus buying a mortgage to use as a tax reduction?

You got a business card? j/k *lol*

Hi Lyric Genesis...I admire the fact that you're in business for yourself. Do you mind if I ask what line of business you're in? Do you have a payroll? Is it tougher/better than you realized? Do you have any regrets? How did you finance your start-up costs--savings, family assistance, bank loan, grants?

Also, to both mchinadoll and Lyric Genesis, what type of preparation did you do before you branched out...education, conferences, being mentored, etc.

I wish you both the BEST of success....^5 You're my "heroes"!

Queenie :heart:

P.S. I find it interesting that all of us are PREMIUM MEMBERS. Must be that we understand how important it is to support each other's businesses, eh? ;)

I'm in the process of getting up my website up and going. It's a adult retail website onestopentertainment.net. I've been working on this for about two years know. So it's been tough but I will continue to stay patience and see it through.I look forward to retiring from working for others hopefully before the end of this year.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back