Food Discussion : What is Your Dietary Routine Constistent Of

Discussion in 'Food Discussion and Recipes' started by UBNaturally, Jun 4, 2016.

1. UBNaturally

UBNaturally Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736
    Not sure how often we share these ideas with strangers, but my family and I often share different alternatives or ways to attain and retain nutrients within our bodies.

What do you and your family do to attain, retain, and maintain the nutritional value that the body thrives from, and what are ways that you think yourself and others can do better in what is consumed on a day to day basis?

For example, what did you eat/consume yesterday and/or today and why?

Since I asked, I will be the first to respond:

Had some black bean burgers along with some potatoes and kale. Drink of choice, tea or water.
    [​IMG]

The above is only a representation, but I make it myself when I feel

Why... because they taste and have little to no extra foreign substances that I would have to get a chemical dictionary to decode the terminologies.

But what did you eat/consume yesterday and/or today and why?
    What type of review would you give it along with the reason(s) for consumption.

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,738
    fruits, nuts, grains and vegetables......

3. UBNaturally

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736

This is something that often strikes me as a mental conditioning issue.
    Ever heard some say that they "think they had something bad to eat", yet they really can't determine what it was, and then consume the same things later on, as if to play "Russian Roulette".

We can be our own best doctors, if we payed enough attention to our body's reaction and responses to different elements.

Some of these can share base reactions, meaning they will typically effect majority of people similarly.
    As you mention the idea of "allergic", there is another concept that could be thought of as "adjustment".

It takes time for the enzymes within the human structure to ascertain what is an aggressive pathogen or element, and what is just a compound that has yet to be cataloged and recognized.

Looking into the Ayurvedic medicinal concept as well, interestingly similar to others along with my own process of consumption.

Kitcheri... interesting.
    Looking at it, is it similar to Couscous?

I stay away from white rice for reasons that can be disclosed later, but it looks like there could be many adaptations to it.

What was the mental energy behind how it was made and the ingredients added to it?
    Also... what were the results?

Respect

4. MS234

MS234 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,901
    Broken? the amerikkkan food system is the perfect way to deliver slow death toxicity while making a huge profits

5. UBNaturally

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736

Working as intended

Seen

But here is a more exploratory question... aside from self grown and developed goods of consumption (which is highly regulated, it's illegal in some places to own seeds), what choice(s) do those living in a highly regulated environment have to get clean and untainted natural food sources?

6. Liberty

Liberty going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,237
    I follow the Ital diet, to the best of my ability. Ital essentially is what Rastafari call the Vegan Macrobiotic Diet. It is known to prevent and cure cancer, diabetes and many other diseases that Western Medicine can't cure.

http://inityweekly.com/how-to-eat-the-ital-way-the-rastafarian-diet/

http://vegnews.com/articles/page.do?pageId=4121&catId=2
    Since November 2014, I have stopped eating meat, poultry, meat bi-products, such as eggs, milk, cheese, etc. I eat fresh, wild caught fish, twice a week, whole grains, beans, nuts, seeds, vegetables, basically. No salt, sugar, processed foods, etc. I aim for progress, not perfection. As the lifestyle can be very challenging. Microwave ovens, metal pots, pans, and utensils are frowned upon. I have had great results so far. For 2016 my resolution was to go from low sodium to no sodium. My doctor had to take me off the medication I was taking for high blood pressure because my blood pressure was way too low, causing me to get dizzy and faint.

Ital frowns upon taking vitamins supplements. But, I take vitamin B12 anyway.

Yesterday I had a Banana, Strawberry, Kale, Cucumber, Oatmeal, and Coconut Milk Smoothie for breakfast. For Dinner I had English Fish and Chips (cod) and salad. That was a treat, because I hardly ever have fried foods. And, lots of water.

I need to step up my game in a few ways. #1 I need to add sea plants to my diet. I tried sea weed once and it tasted awful. But, sea plants are an essential part of the diet. So, I think if I put them in my smoothies, I won't taste them. #2 I need to throw away my microwave oven. #3 I need to make a decision on the best water source, and stop drinking tap water.

7. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317
    Another reason why I really hate this world. Smh.

8. UBNaturally

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736
    It's the challenge that make it unique. Without these challenges, what would be special about anything?

Stay strong

9. UBNaturally

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736

Indeed

Sharing is caring, filling is killing

The cognitive dissonance can be overcome by tapping into the vibration of others.
    I know this could seem like coded speech, but if we consider that all elements around and pertaining to life and existence are codified for further examination, it is what it is... or is it?

We could suggest that there was an era when "IT" was far less coded or hidden behind layers of obfuscation. But within the sanctity of a calm mind, is the pure thought and connection to raw energy. This is a physiological equation that has been passed down into genetic remnants.

10. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317
    I can say that my family and I have differences in opinions on what's okay to be consumed on a daily basis. My parents grew up in households that really gave no care to how much one consumed in a day nor how healthy the food was for consumption. Their diets were solely based on, "does it taste good?"

However, my parents wanted different for myself and my siblings so, although there was no formal dieting plan, they were certain to watch how much we consumed in a day whenever there was plenty to eat, and made sure we didn't take in too much junk food, fast food, or sugary desserts.

Because of that, I tend not to eat the same large portions that have become normal in the region I live, nor do I shun healthier options for the artificial and processed. Now, I'm not saying I've altogether left off from the guiltier edibles, but I prefer fresher food and food I prep myself.

Breakfast, today, was pancakes(homemade) with a side of scrambled eggs and turkey sausage, and a glass of whole milk.

Why? Because I love cooking. :lol:

Lunch was a roast beef po'boy, which I fashioned myself, and a bottle of cold water.

Why? Because I haven't had one in far too long.

Supper will likely be a broccoli casserole with homemade biscuits and gravy, and probably water to drink. (I love water)

Why? Cause broccoli is awesome.

And if I decide to have dessert or a midnight snack maybe, it'll probably be a bowl of some mixed, fresh fruits.

I doubt anyone would look at how I eat throughout my day and think I'm making the healthiest choices a person could make, but for me, there's been no trouble, and so I'd like to think I'm doing pretty well.