Black Spirituality Religion : What- is wrong with you.

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Metaverse, Oct 17, 2009.

1. Metaverse

Metaverse Well-Known Member MEMBER

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    [​IMG]

When I decided to dig deeper into the so-called human dilemma, human suffering, human pain and human misunderstanding- I arrived at one question that was given to me as a single answer for all that I believed was foul and dishonest about life and society in general. This question haunted me slightly- because it presented no known remedy, but it forced me to look again in the mirror to analyze how I was creating my reality and shaping my destiny with my choices. Eventually I returned at a dead end. Because as individuals how can we remain 100 percent conscious of own choices as well as the choices of others? We are taught all of the moral standards of living to control our individual selves when in the end we are actually living collectively as a family of groups making choices that effects everyone around us. We will say that we are not concerned with our neighbors lives but we are liars.

The neighbors lifestyle and our lifestyle are allowed to be different, but they are never allowed to be separated or divided from the continuity of human experience. What this means is when they speak about your block, your city or your state- they are speaking about you regardless if you wish to believe this or not. How much of our life energy do we contribute to our environments? Certainly more than what we contribute to any known system of education or religion. The environment that natures and nurtures us might as well be our last name. It is part of “What” we are. It dawned on me that this question that was given to me as an answer to all of our life's problems, was not a question at all. It was a statement.

What- is wrong with you.

What- is what is wrong with us. It is the What. We do not live fully aware of What we are and how the smallest to the largest pieces of experience contribute to What we are, and left ignored- we remain confused. We are indeed products of our environments. But not just physical environments but mental, emotional and spiritual environments as well. If we've already claimed to find precisely “What” we are, then more than likely that assumption is the nucleus of our problems. Because for each answer there is a family of groups that contribute to that same network of information and energy, so we are never the sole originator of any answer to the “What” unless it is something we focus on and program within ourselves. For example. My answer to What Am I? - I am a Black Man.

There is a world of issues and a world of power associated with this group, to which I must subject myself too because that is the nature of our reality. So this “What” is wrong with me. It cannot include the totality of what I really am. Only the physical and mental level. The idea here is whatever we identify with can have it's problems, which is fine if we know the solutions to those problems. I can identify with being a Black Man because I can face the challenges of this label. Still I face the challenges because I am aware of what I am beyond the physical shell. But am I exempt from my neighbor's reality because of this?

The Black Man across the street decides for whatever reason that he wants to go on a killing spree. He gets caught, and as he is being arrested with the news cameras on him- he gives a “shout out” to his neighborhood, his block and his city as the place that inspired and raise him. What do my moral standards look like now? Can my neighborhood “value” appraise for the same price as before? Of course not. And while this sounds exaggerated for untrained ears, this is something that happens every single day in Black neighborhoods. Why else would we brag about our poor problematic hoods as we do, because it gives off an expression of survival of the fittest or the baddest. Meanwhile this “What” is the source of our problems. The environments we all help to nature and nurture with our life energy. We walk around pretending we have nothing at all to do with them. “Those people across the street.” We even move away, many distances away in order to secure that illusion in our minds- but home is where the largest body of your friends and family exist. It doesn't matter how far away you move from them, you are always connected in mind and spirit. Distance is part of the illusion.

As Black Men, we are friends and we are family- by identity alone. We are seen as one total seamless group. Black Women, are seen as one total seamless group. Black people- as one total seamless group. But we do not see ourselves this way. This “What” is wrong with us. Not everyone agrees to identify themselves in this manner. But we must understand every group we subscribe too has it's pros and cons. We all contribute something to the ocean of collective choices. Even if that choice is ignorance.

For how many generations have Black people raised children with the attitude that we do not want anyone else disciplining those children but us? And how many of us see children that we would easily point towards a healthy direction but decide not to because of that very same attitude from their Parents? How long does it take for Little Pookie the cute baby to become Lil' Pookie the crackhead or the drug dealer? Not long at all. The “What” is wrong with us. We have an identity problem. We see ourselves as individuals when we are actually a family of groups. We don't discipline those children when they are young enough to understand and instead wait for Gangs and Police Officers to beat them to death. Only to cry, sob and point fingers.

Why aren't we asking about the neighborhoods that nature and nurture them? Afraid we might happen to live on one of those blocks?

I started working hard labor when I was nine years of age. Because my Mother and Father were these odd types of Parents that believed they shouldn't have to raise their child by themselves- seeing that this child would spend more time in society than under their roofs. My Mother grabbed me by the collar and took me around to different Black own establishments in Harlem, and asked them if they needed any help. She would tell them- “oh no, you don't have to pay him- he's working for free.” And everytime I did anything terrible, if I messed up in school I had to go to work at someone's place. Mop floors or take out trash. Eventually I started getting paid anyway- I guess I was good at sweeping and mopping. This is what psychiatrists would call 'Creative Discipline” today, but it's old school African discipline. For some reason most Black people still think discipline means grabbing a belt or an extension cord.

We need more creative discipline within our neighborhoods and perhaps this is what our Ancestors assign to us from time to time in a spiritual sense. Our spiritual Ancestors are also the larger body of our friends and family and on a subconscious level we have commissioned them to return us to our proper minds. What we identify with as a family of groups should also correspond with our highest spiritual ideals. Perhaps this is why the “African-American” does not sit in proper alignment with this reality. This is definitely the “What” that is wrong with us. And if we wanted to press the truth and squeeze it for what it is, when we ruled the world we were not Africans either. We did not identify ourselves with that concept of being adjacent to European or Asia or in competition with other peoples originally. Michael Jackson and Lionel Richie already told us what we really are. We are the world.

We are afraid to identify with this because the world in total perhaps has more problems in volume than any Black group. Still, Black is a beautiful identity because it is in fact speaking about the entire world and Universe. African is a beautiful identity as well because we are dealing the nucleus of the Earth, the battery of the entire globe. Can we say the same about America? Without the Constitution and the “Bill” of rights- would we claim “American” as our last names as a group? If we can handle the challenges of being African-Americans then certainly we are free to this classification. We must be willing to take it for what it is. Either way, even as Blacks in America or Africans in America we are all affected by each other. This means that while we have not agreed on a clear identity, we are indeed still the world, and we are treated as such. Because like the world we are raped, confined and milked for everything that we have. Like the world we are abused and manipulated. And like the world we just take it and keep on turning.

We cannot blame those who wish to move beyond this paradigm for doing so, it is our birthright as not only Black people but as spiritual beings having a physical experience to use our power to do our will. Just as many of us choose to ignore the neighbors, other choose to focus on their own physical, mental or spiritual liberations. Which is fine. But we must realize we are all connected. Even those that possess more knowledge and skill than others- change their Universe with every step they take, with every thought and with every focus or intent. Just as well, we create our own ghettos or our realms of higher consciousness with our actions.

We can choose and we can also change. Without the slowest Gazelle the Lion will starve. Both the Lion as well as the Gazelle must evolve in order to survive. It does matter if we identify with the Gazelle or with the Lion, you are part of the environment. Your awareness of this will help you to play your part.

We are the only ones with the power to change our collective identity.
    "What" we are is decided by our actions.

2. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    What this means is when they speak about your block, your city or your state- they are speaking about you regardless if you wish to believe this or not. How much of our life energy do we contribute to our environments?

Thank you brother;
    you express the true understanding of KUUMBA manifesting UJIMA

Asante' sana

3. Maîtresse

Maîtresse A Lady MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +31
    Quoted for Emphasis

I just teared up inside.

4. Astrologer4U

Astrologer4U Well-Known Member MEMBER

Self Employed
    Ratings:
    +486

What happens then, when blacks come out of affecting each other within the context you are speaking of?

If blacks are the world which is raped, confined milked of everything and the ones to blame is themselves because they haven't agreed on a clear identity... When they do agree on an dentity, will they then not be the world? and if they become not of the world but still remain on earth in the flesh, will blacks then become one a part of the establishment, apart of those who rape, confine and milk the earth of everything? Or is we are the world a metaphor that means something else?

Astrologer4U

5. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    you do hav a point, there is that acceptance of victimization issue somewhere s though the natural order is that us N words are on the lowend of the food chain and us "sheep" should be passive while we are fed on by the Illuuminati "wolves"

The only ones who find it natural to rape the Earth are the White Supremists and their cults

6. Writspirit

Writspirit Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Is to make myself the best human being I can in th
    Ratings:
    +77
    Very well put Metascience. What we think of as new, is very ancient. We are One, not only in the spiritual sense but emotionally, communally and physically as well. Individually separate but collectively, one.

I agree all is an agreed upon illusion. We learn lessons in order to wake up. Once, awake we can use choice to live consciously.

As we all know, once black folks believed in the principle of the village. Maybe even white folks embraced this concept. If your neighbor saw little Billy doing something wrong, he either informed the parent or disciplined the child on the spot. Why bring a child in the world if you are not prepared to be responsible for that child in every sence of the word. The thing is, if you yourself are not mature or responsible, you will not raise a responsible child. Thus, I say, before bringing a child in the world, first work on yourself. Educate yourself. Become aware. Participate in the improvements of your neighborhood. Vote. Don't just vote for a candidate because they are there, research them. If neither Democrat or Republican are suitable go with the Independent party. Don't just say what can I do? I have to choose the best of the worst. No you don't! Choose the candidate that is best. If there is none, start training your children to be community minded individuals who sincerely care for their neighbors so they can be the future leaders we vote for.

Inform yourselves. Go see Michael Moore's movie, CAPITALISM, as a start. Read your political history. Dont let them rule you by fear, be informed so you know who the liars are. So you know the games being played. Start your own banks and invest in one another so when these banks go under, you dont need to make a run on the banks. By the way, the FDIC agency that insures your money in the bank, is secretly concerned and writing memos that state they don't think they will be able to continue to insure depositors money. So, consider putting the smallest amount in the bank in case there is a sudden freeze.

When all this comes down, the communities that support each other will be the ones that survive. So far, Black folks are suspicious of one another and don't unit, so they may be the first to fall. Its already clear we are the one's suffering from this economic slump. So, if we don't help one another, who will?

Start small, take baby steps but take them. Time is running out wherein you will have the luxury of delay.

7. Metaverse

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    Black people are very suspicious of each other! You are so right Queen Writspirit. I even heard TD Jakes speak openly about not trusting his neighbors and not wanting them to say anything to his children- which is shocking coming from someone that programs the minds of so many Black Christians. But if we are honest why are we so suspicious of our neighbors. There are two reasons. First because we do not know our neighbors. Second because we do not identify with ourselves as communal groups. As complicated as these two reasons may sound they can actually be fixed very easily and we can get into that.

Goddess Astrologer4U, it would be impossible for us not to affect each other in a negative or positive manner. Perhaps what needs to change is our awareness of this. The identities we come up with for ourselves sometimes only matter on a personal level. For example Tiger Wood's classification of himself as a "cablinasian" doesn't stop him from being in Black magazines, on BET or named one of the most influential Black Men in sports history. What we must realize is how we identify and classify ourselves is just as important is how we are identified and classified. It would be beautiful if these two declarations matched, this is not always the case. Hence this is the problem.

Let's say if all Black people, not just black people but all people of color agreed that we are the physical extensions of the planet itself, so we are in fact physical attributes of the planet Earth, and we acknowledged this. What happens after that, now the planet has a voice. Now there are many natives that do this already. At the end of the day what we must realize is 99.9% of all the problems on this planet are perpetrated by people that use the planet as a resource to fuel their criminal endeavors. They do not "identify" with the planet. Those who rape and destroy the Earth have no identity with the Earth. I'm also speaking about a much larger concept that we will get into gradually.

Let's be honest. Tomorrow we hear on the news that some rouge group is going around killing African people here in America. And what they showed us on the news are native African people getting killed here and there. How many of us will walk out of our homes afraid? Many of us will. Many of us will not walk out the house at all. But some of us will say, well- I'm not an African I'm going to work. I'm going shopping. Not taking the time to think, how will this rouge group identify us as non-African?

"We wish to inform you that tomorrow we will be killed with our families" is a collection of stories from Rwanda by Philip Gourevitch. We can learn from these stories how "identity" can be used to to pin people of the same culture and environment against each other, one blaming the other for their lack of survival. So I always ask myself personal questions. Is the Black Christian the "What" that is wrong withe me? Is the Black Muslim? Are Black religious people? Is it the Thug, the non educated, the ignorant? Sometimes the answer is an astounding yes.

If I can admit that honestly, I can address the problem. Now I can say this is because I identify these groups as non-familiars and not family. Now I can go deeper. Wait a minute, my best Teachers, friends, Women I've loved- were either Christians, Muslims, they call my Brothers Thugs etc., and we learned how to relate beyond those labels. We found a kinship beyond the trivial elements of our personal beliefs. In essence, they are "part of" my world, as I am part of their world. They have nurtured and natured me.

So we turn to the drug dealer in our community and we look for the sources of naturing and nurturing. We find ourselves. We find an involuntary response to something that can easily be obstructed with creative discipline. That dealer is a neighbor's Son. Our neighbor's Sons are also part of rebel groups in Africa that work for diamond miners, that kill, mutilate, rape and enslave. Ultimately we all contribute to two things. Energy and Information. Both can be enemies and both can be friends.

We develop each other online with information. But how that information is often presented depends on whether or not we identify with it in the first place. What if we could "manufacture" the energy and information for our people based upon identity? We do! But we are not always conscious of this. Because we are not conscious of this, media can create mentalities and feed those mentalities negative attributes that have no real foundation in reality. What is a Thug? What is a Gangsta? What is a Pimp? What is a H-e?

These titles have no foundation in reality, they are labels that describe behaviors that belong to all people of all races. So how then did we see negative black people in our minds when we read these words? How did we become the mascots of all negative behaviors in the world when there is no negative behavior among Black people that not present in other cultures. It could be simply that we accept it or we ignore it. Just as we accept or ignore the problem makers in our community. The simple method would be to create the energy and information that such mentalities can feed off and more importantly to address the "What" on a personal level.

Here are some views.

8. Metaverse

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    This topic has a more profound nature to it and it may help many of us to look at our neighborhoods and communities much differently. We often speak about individual spiritual possession of the body. Are we aware that every city has a spirit? Every city has it's own consciousness and a life of it's own. Every city like a Deity breathes and feeds.

We are all energy beings after all. Some of us generate and produce more energy than others. Those of us with high frequencies of energy may find ourselves nursing some of America's most popular Cities. This by design. The Cities were designed as vortexual points of energy that magnetically call out to us, and keep us stationed. Some of us cannot leave our Cities. We were born there and remain there until this very day. We've never left. We have no ambition to leave, because we are part of the City's mainframe of consciousness.

Every City is built like a powerplant that feeds off etheric current. We will find in every City there are dome structures of some sort, usually made from special material. The bloodflow of the City are it's streets. Blood must always been spilled in the streets in a City within 30 days. These phenomenons usually happens with it's Downtown area, the heart of the City.

The consciousness of every City has it's own channel within the Matrix of reality. It molds the people. It gives us our accents and our fashion sense. It even gives us our dreams and our fears. Some will say this is true for life in general. Country life just as well gives us a spirit. This is true. The difference however between the natural spirit of the Earth and the artificial grids that control most Cities is the natural spirit serve the will of the soul, in most Cities we serve the will of that City- we become slaves to it. Within the natural spirit of places without these artificial powerplants- we find solidarity among the people themselves as well as the spirits of the land. Within our Cities we find ourselves possessed by activities that fed it.

The Metropolis is not built to generate peace and freedom. It built to generate power by using the energy of the people to consume the planet. Our tall buildings are designed as the antennas and dolmens that enslave our minds. We cannot see beyond our Cities. And yet we wonder why people who live outside of Cities always see strange and unusual things that we cannot? The ultimate tool of mind control is something no one has suspected.
    The environment itself.

Pay attention to what Lisa Left Eye tells us in her last documentary.
    It is no doubt in my mind that LeftEye was on her way to transforming
    Black America in the most profound way possible. Through her music.

The entire Documentary can be found on youtube but here are some interesting segments.

Last Days of Left Eye

The spirit haunting Left Eye was the City itself.
    Glenn Frey said we belong to the City.