Black Education / Schools : What is Wrong with My People?

Discussion in 'Black Education / Schools' started by ct, Jul 19, 2006.

1. ct

ct Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    Guys, I have been posting on this forum for over a month, as each day go by,. I get sadden, because I want to know "What is wrong with my People". Is it because we dare not to obtain knowledge? Will we continue to doom our self in jealousy, or self-destructions? As I look through and review many of the postings, I see that a lot of what we do is circulate unfounded rumors and gossips about things just to get a buzz.

I am told when I see someone succeeding that I wish them well and then know that I too have the opportunity to achieve as well. We must stop trying to analyze only on the haves and what they should or should not receive in opportunies.

I hope that we would go back into the 60's movement of gaining knowledge, education, self-worth and all of those great Ideologies. Just think where we would be if we did.

The key to our success is "knowledge". As I always tell everyone I talk to, "knowledge is power if used properly". We must stop being envious of "knowledge" but rather embrace it and learn.

I have been trying to push the knowledge of how to obtaining education, but yet because my Title is not "breath taking" it gets looked over or because school doesn't start in most cases until August, it is too early to review. We must learn and share now, there are many kids and parents, that just don't know. Let us start passing on valuable information and see how our kids grow.

I say to my brothers and sisters, you must approach "knowledge" now because the children are our future. We must assist in helping them to stop destroying one another. A mind is a very terrible thing to waste. It doesn't care where you come from, but rather how you use it.

I have created an infrasture of knowledge on my blog regarding getting prepared, educated and trying to obtain a future. The blog is located at http://www.ctherd.blogspot.com. I even created a 37-page college preparation document that takes you step by step for a 12th grader planning to attend college.

In addition to getting our education, we must also learn our history and that is what my son is trying to do in his Alternative News blog: W.E. A.L.L. B.E. located at http://www.weallbe.com.

Please know that I truly love my people and wouldn't try this hard to get the information out if I didn't care. We must go back to the village approach and help all of our children and guide them to the better side of life. Everyone has a gift or talent, but in many cases we don't use them.

It doesn't matter what the child's financial or economical background is, he or she deserves the chance to make it in life. They should never be doomed before they start. Let us debate on how we are going to solve the problem. It is good to have once a year gathering for the unfortunate, but let us also try to build an infrastructure that will allow them to succeed. In the blog (http://www.ctherd.blogspot.com) is a start, so let us read and digest the knowledge. It does work and I used it personally in my preparation for my kids.

In closing, please don't take my posting as a negative, but know that "I believe in us and the impossible", let us start obtaining knowledge and sharing with others.

May you be blessed abundantly....

2. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    True Indeed...

...And you can have Knowledge, but you also need togetherness. Furthermore, we must go back into our Communities, and begin to build. Do your part, and the others will hopefully follow.

KD06

3. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    I commend your post and respect where you think you are coming from...however, what you speak of has a catch to it. The catch is that; if black or African people "actually obtain knowledge or education as you say", then their education would be geared towards the destruction or downfall of white domination...aka, America !

The work entitled; "The Spook that Sat by the Door" was about our people getting the education and of obtaining the political position of being able to do it from the inside out. We have learned since then that the "inside has safeguards" internally and externally that prohibit that philosophy from being actualized as it would need to be.

The great balance is in finding a way for your life to be prosperous and yet at the same time being able to strike blows or set up some type of anti white domination structure to aid our people. That's providing your choice is to "Stay in America".

If your education does nothing but increase your pocket, help I.B.M. or some other Eurocentric structure...do not consider yourself educated at all.

4. ct123

ct123 Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    In Reply to Keita

My education is more than what benefits others, but rather the benefitting of ones self along with helping our people to know that we too can obtain what we want in life and we are not limited to our current circumstances. Wealth, power and happiness is attainable. I am not preaching separation, but rather obtaining.

Please take the time to visit my blog at: http://www.ctherd.blogspot.com along with my son's at http://www.weallbe.com.

Knowledge is a big part of life regardless if it for job opportunities or surviving. I didn't start on this quest overnight, I have been doing it for years, but now it is time for me to reach others outside of my normal scope. We need to seriously come together and start taking the villiage approaching in helping one another. We have to stop just patching the infrastructure, but rather building it to be solid and to endure throughout time.

You should never just take my word, but research and get the knowledge to validate. I know if one does, he/she will see as I already know that knowledge is a big key and if done properly it will work. Knowledge covers everything.

The funny thing, is that it doesn't cost you anything to get, but to read and learn from what you have read. If you really look back at the 50's and 60's we were starting to keep on track, but we stop trying to obtain the knowledge and looking out for all and not some. We are our "brother's keepers". Observe the other groups and you will see and should agree they do have a bonding with each other and they want to succeed. We must start bonding and assist our legacies to be achievers and doers.

It is okay to agree to disagree, that is a good way to start a conversation.
    I appreciate your feedback.

5. ct

ct Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    Why Did I Write the Posting?

When I first wrote this posting, "What is Wrong With My People? I wrote it to allow my people to wake-up and look at our legacies and see how we could make them strong and successful by providing them knowledge.

Knowledge is priceless and doesn't care about your economical or social background. Knowledge opens his/her arms freely and has an unlimited supply and waits on you to get it.

Knowledge says that it is alright to agree to disagree and is not envious of who has the last word. Knowledge also allows the opportunity for one to research and gain additional enlightment then allows it to be shared with each other not as a negative but a postive.

Knowledge provides the thought that our legacies can achieve, be productive and successful individuals. Knowledge also says that as I gain the knowledge, I will share with others so that they can benefit as I do.

Overall, I am saying is that I wanted to provide knowledge in a way that it allows individuals to look at themselves and say I need to obtain the knowledge and pass it on to others. Because in the end, "we grow, when they grow."

6. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    We all need to take a closer look at SELF.

Excellent points (your blogsite is exemplary)!