Black Spirituality Religion : What is wrong with africans?

emanuel goodman

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jun 25, 2006
chicago
Occupation
social worker
I have been recently working various festivals throughout the area to sell my holistic products. I have come across some of the most arrogant spite ful and hate ful african men and some women. Looking at me like a i am coping in them. making statements such as " oh u want to be african like me?
When they see me dressed in traditional garb. Or they come to the table and demand that they get the goods for half the price because they are from africa and so on. I noticed a trend however about them. The majority of them are muslim or christian. They all have a similar approach towards melaning rich people in america very negative and dis association. An elder at the fest told me that he understood the african very well. He told me that there has been much more harm done to the psyche of africans than us. He reason for such a statement he said was simple. He said that it is easy to go to some ones home and hurt them if they dont live close to u. If they live close to u the threat for them coming to return the favor is great. Any one have any views on the matter are welcomed to chime in.

PEACE AND BLESSINGS

I have encountered this spirit also. We have been to darn quiet about this attitude and out right hatred and disrespect.

And wonder why we have attitudes towards...........I say we neeed to reach the African women cuz they are the main caretakers of the future African generation.

I have been thinking about and working on ways and methods to impliment this connection and bring some clarity. IF WE DON'T FOCUS ON THIS RIGHT HERE WE WILL FALL DEEPER AND HARDER.

AND SOME WONDER WHY WE THINK MORE THAN 3 TIME ABOUT GOING BACK TO AFRICA!!!

Are ALL AFRIKANS! Some brainwashed through tribalsm, classism and SLAVE thinking. Period. And if this stops you from going "Home", then the white system has done its job.

Precisely! If black crips can hate black bloods from around the way, some of us black fools have no problem hating our image across the 'pond'! White supremacy has a hold on us and it ain't letting go.

I have been recently working various festivals throughout the area to sell my holistic products. I have come across some of the most arrogant spite ful and hate ful african men and some women. Looking at me like a i am coping in them. making statements such as " oh u want to be african like me?
When they see me dressed in traditional garb. Or they come to the table and demand that they get the goods for half the price because they are from africa and so on. I noticed a trend however about them. The majority of them are muslim or christian. They all have a similar approach towards melaning rich people in america very negative and dis association. An elder at the fest told me that he understood the african very well. He told me that there has been much more harm done to the psyche of africans than us. He reason for such a statement he said was simple. He said that it is easy to go to some ones home and hurt them if they dont live close to u. If they live close to u the threat for them coming to return the favor is great. Any one have any views on the matter are welcomed to chime in.

In the movie Blood Diamond this same attitude of black people exist and they even attempt to address it. In the movie an elder simply says, “Something is wrong with us”.

Me being an African American who has taken the time and hardship to get an Associates Degree in Electronics Engineering and a Bachelors Degree in Business and owning a recording studio I have seen my share of the black attitude. This attitude mostly comes from uneducated black people. It is as if they are angry with you because you did something and or doing something to improve your life.

Our children want everything for free and they want it right now. Just as you sell your product I also get the same attitude when trying to sell studio time. If I had a dime for every time I have heard the, “If I make it you make it”, routine I would be pretty well off.

The same kid that doesn’t want to pay me for studio time to forward his own dreams has a car with rims on it that coast at least $300 each.

When I take the family to the mall the loudest and most boisterous group are the young black children. It is almost as if we are loosing intelligence on how to act in crowds or interact with other people. From the way the kids dress, walk, talk and act you can immediately tell they are imitating TV.

A lot of Americans have an identity disorder and imitate the only thing they know. These are people who have not found self.

I remember when I was growing up in my crew and we did not act like that. It seems our youths today do anything and everything to be seen or get attention. They act as if they are actually on stage performing.

This is called Acting Out.

It also does not help the situation when we got grown black people blaming the white man for everything and also teaching our children to do the same. This causes accountability to go right out the window.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back