Black Spirituality Religion : What is the Word Of God?

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by thePreacher, May 8, 2012.

1. thePreacher

thePreacher Banned MEMBER

Agent Of Change
    Ratings:
    +815
    Since Christians are the ones claiming the bible is the Word Of God, this thread should have been started in the Christian study forum. But, that would lead to the sort of religious indignation Judeo/Christian/Islamic 'bible-beleivers' are historically well known to use against opposing points of view. So, in what will probably be an unsuccessful attempt to avoid the sort of turmoil Destee.com's rules of engagement warn against, well, here goes ...

Christianity teaches that the bible is the Word Of God. I grew up in the Christian church. I know this quite well. Everybody knows this quite well.

Yet, and this is truly bizarre, there is absolutely no biblical foundation for this doctrine. Certainly, Jesus never taught that the bible [which did not exist when he walked the earth as a man] was the Word Of God.

Even more bizarre, the first chapter of one of the canonical gospels [the gospel of St. John] lists several atttibutes of the Word which the bible does not meet:
    1. The Word was in the beginning with God.
    2. The Word is God.
    3. The Word was made flesh and dwelt among men.
    Recently, in another thread, another member called beliefs he articulated as being based on the Word Of God. I think he is a Christian, based on posts of his I have read over the years.

So, the question begs to be discussed. What is the Word Of God?

2. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    "The WORD of God" is Life.

3. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

.......Simple, the Word of God is the book from which you quote, often. It is known as the Bible, the number one best seller. There's plenty of biblical foundation, the Pentateuch from the Old Testament and this from the New Testament; Matthew 11:10, read it.

Interesting, to say the Bible doesn't meet what is written, is absurd, Reductio ad absurdum.

Peace In,

4. Gorilla

Gorilla Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,399
    It's the word of a human being. The voice being heard or read is the only actually speaking.

5. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    - Triple Darkness (the womb) is the word of 'god'.

6. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560

Luke 24:

[44] And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.
    [45] Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,
    [46] And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:
    [47] And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.
    [48] And ye are witnesses of these things.
    [49] And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.

7. ru2religious

ru2religious Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,891
    Well - the word of god is silence and chaos - it is vibration and particles - but I can tell you more specifically what it is not:

1.) It is not a written book with hands: - The bible which is usually called the word of god doesn't have god actually speaking or writings ... I mean you will read, thus saith the lord or something as such but its a human writing what they believed god to have said at least 900 years after the person that this god supposedly spoke to was dead. Secondly, what must be understood about this book that many believe is the word of god - is that majority of the people saying this are speaking in riddles based on DREAMS and VISIONS. The collective knowledge in the bible is based on dreams and visions. Example: John had a vision and bam!! We have the book of Revelations. Visions are often times that which comes from within and it usually has something to do with your life. Daniel on the other hand had dreams - this pattern goes on throughout the whole bible.

I have visions and dreams constantly - should I write a bible and try to convince the world that god has spoken to me? Well ancient people did it and they were successful - and because of this success you have Judaism, Christianity and Islam and even the Hebrew Israelite movement is based on these same visions and dreams.

Now if there was something that seems to be more accurate in the bible as to what is the word of God then you should read Psalms 19:1-3 (and beyond) which states:

Psalms 19:1 The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.
    Psalms 19:2 Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge.
    Psalms 19:3 There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard.

Now if this so-called god created night and day then it seems that the word of god is 'day & night' as these scriptures teach that speech is uttered and knowledge is shown. It seems as though the bible is telling you that the word of god is found in astronomy/astrology and not some hand written book but you can only find these words of god through observation of the constellations. Again there is much more of a meaning here and I'm not going to go into it but I think you get the point - the bible is not the word of god and it can never be. As a matter of fact there is another scripture - well many other scriptures which proves this and one being:

Jeremiah 8:8 How do ye say, We are wise, and the law of the LORD is with us? Lo, certainly in vain made he it; the PEN of the scribes is in VAIN.

2.) In the days of old scribes, teachers, priest, etc ... were looked upon as having access to the higher forces or realms. They would go into these buildings, temples, rocks, etc ... and come out stating that they spoke to god and burning bushes (the works) and the people would believe them because they come up with a teaching that was foreign to the masses and thus the masses believed that only a deity could give them what they learned in these hidden places. This has modeled the history of religious philosophy and not spirituality. Many of these peoples were liars, cons, and as the apostle Paul described himself - crafty and filled with guile. They had to write or document what they were teaching in order not to cross themselves up (speculations - lol). Nevertheless, many of the ancient teachings were the laws of the land and where meant to be taken as such by individual cultures. Europeans have taken the culture of the Hebrews and made it into a religious ideology that has spread and subdue the whole planet. This ideology was for the Hebrew culture only as it was there folklore's that was supposed to be handed down to their children only. There were many cultural writings by many different tribes (nations) and in their cultures they believed that they had the one and only word of god as well. Its really that simple.

.............................................................................................................................................................................................

The word of god can only be observed and not read. The creation of reading material about god actually took people further away from a god then to bring them closer to a god. In theory gods word is each individual person (including animals), place, thing, nothingness or chaos. Each of these things have different genetic patterns, atom counts, sub-atomic structures. Gods word is not astrology because we base that on a 7 or 10 planet structure in modern times - the supposed ancient Hebrews based it on the 22 alphabets and 22 constellations when in fact there are at least 88 constellations within our range. The word of god is more then Psalms 19 - because again there are 300 million planets in our 1 galaxy while there are estimates billions of galaxies - with ours having to be one of the smallest. That's like saying the 10 cells in my foot is gods word - nope I don't think so ....

If you wanna know gods word then stop trying to understand but observe it because trying to understand it is a logical process that limits our understanding. Observation on the other hand simply observes and accept it as it is - once its accepted as it is then an only then can the understanding be made known unto any who observe .... Ancient Shamanism 101. Isn't it strange how the Hebrew word 'hear' is the word 'Shama' which is similar to 'Shaman'. Ancient Shamanism is the observation aka hearing without trying to perceive and in the bible which is the foundation of this thread - throughout the scriptures you will find 'he who has an ear let him hear'. Gods word is not written on paper but can only be read through hearing aka observation.

8. MS234

MS234 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,901
    The word of "god", is just the word of man himself. Then you'll hear someone say "oh he used man to write the words". Really? If this so called "god" that people worship was so powerful, why would a "god" "need" people for anything?

People have and need moral. The universe doesn't need moral. The universe is about survival. PERIOD. This is why when people eat, something has to die for us to stay alive, even vegetarians. So when people get hungry and thirsty, do they eat moral?

I sure would like to see the world in 10,000 years to look back and see how infantile we were/are to reality. We are taught to look at things from the outside in, when it should be from the inside out.

Like the dinosaurs died off, so will humans eventually. Who will be the "god" then?

9. MS234

MS234 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,901
    The hardest thing for people to see is the thing right in front of them.

10. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560

Mark 7:

[13] Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.