Black Spirituality Religion : What is the word of God?

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Love_Unknown, Jan 1, 2007.

1. Love_Unknown

Love_Unknown Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    Hello everyone. Very glad to be here with you. This is my first thread.

The artist speaks through his/her art. The musician speaks through his/her music. The singer speaks through his/her song. The poet speaks through his/her poem. The writer speaks through his/her written word. The designer speaks through his/her design. As the most “creative” of them all, how does The Creator speak?

I say God’s word is as God is. It is infinite. It has no beginning and no end. It starts from any point in the universe and extends into infinity and back again. It is written in a universal language, and plain for all to see, whether or not we possess the power of sight. It is absolutely unfathomable in its entirety. It is all things, positive and negative. It cannot be changed. It cannot be destroyed. It cannot be unknown or ignored. All people and all things seek its understanding as the foremost necessity for their survival. Understanding its words and laws will feed you, make you strong, and allow you to live another day. Those with the greatest understanding of it become powerful on earth, and can do miraculous things. It feeds us, clothes us, and within it we find everything we need for our survival. It is spoken directly to us and requires no middle men. It is written in the pages of our mind. (Are we catching my drift?):spinn:

Let’s review one of its earlier chapters.
    I’m primitive. I’m hungry. I see a man eating some food. I want it. I get a big rock, walk up behind him and hit him in the head. He drops the food on the ground. I pick it up (I don’t even wash it off,) and I eat it. My hunger is satisfied (although there’re little pieces of dirt and stuff in my mouth. Oh well.) I feel good. But I look down and see that the man isn’t moving anymore. He’s never going to move again. He helped us fight off the lions last time they came. Now we have one less man the next time they come. But I can live with that. His mother comes over to the body and begins to cry. His father comes over too. He sees his son’s broken body, sees me standing next to it with food in my mouth and a big bloody rock on the ground next to me. He runs away and comes back with his other sons, three of them, and they all have big rocks in their hand. We all know what happens next, with little to debate. Such a story is written early in the chapters of our mind. We’ve all read up to this point, and far beyond. From such experiences we’ve learned the rules and laws about killing, stealing, lying, cheating, friendship, love, long life, etc. People all over the world from all points in history learn from these experiences and pass the precious wisdom down from mother to daughter, father to son. Excellent. Such wisdom helps us survive, keeps us alive, happy, and healthy. Somebody decides to write this kind of thing down. Wonderful. It doesn’t have to be perfect. Any helpful information at all is most welcome. In every language and in every culture please? The more the better. But the real Word of God, the infinitely thorough, complete, direct, and unalterable testimony of the Almighty will always be found in the universe itself, not the pages of any book. Hotep.

God’s word is not published by Rand McNally. It required no trees to be destroyed, and no animals to be killed in its production. It cannot fit neatly into the palm of your hand, or the back of a church pew. It is imperishable. It is non-flammable. It’s pages cannot be torn out, rolled up and smoked by prison inmates. It does not turn into a worthless pile of “goo” when it gets wet. There is only one version of it. There exist no imitations, fakes, or forgeries. It has no competition. It cannot be massed produced with a printing press, and cannot be duplicated for less than 10 cents a copy at the Kinkos. We all have our own chapter in it’s story. No one has been burned at the stake for its misinterpretation. It has never been used to enslave anyone. (Please add your own additions here and help me finish this piece. Let’s see what we come up with.) All comments are welcome. Peace.

Love U.

2. nibs

nibs Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +22
    (Love_Unknown) - The artist speaks through his/her art. The musician speaks through his/her music. The singer speaks through his/her song. The poet speaks through his/her poem. The writer speaks through his/her written word. The designer speaks through his/her design. As the most “creative” of them all, how does The Creator speak?

the creator speaks in the exact same manner; through creation. if you want to understand how to build or create something, see how it occurs in nature; as nature reflects the design of the creator. to imitate nature and phenomena in nature is to imitate the actions and design of the creator.

the sacred geometry is derived from the patterns and ratios that exist within nature. nature is the best teacher; divine knowledge is all around us to build on.

nature also speaks. the wind provides voice (breath) and motion (gestures & dance) to help amplify the words of the quieter & more subtle elements of nature (plants & trees) that normally speak in a softer voice. however, those who are in tune are able to hear/understand and communicate without that extra assistance. the voice of god is communicated through nature.

3. Love_Unknown

Ratings:
    +5
    Nibs I like the way you think. I enjoy your posts everytime.

4. monet1027

monet1027 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    To me the word of God is that little voice we all have that communicates to us and only us. When you hear that faint whisper telling you what your heart already knows that is God.

5. kemetkind

kemetkind Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +61
    Below is a excerpt on this topic from Dr. Muata Ashby's Mystical Journey From Jesus to Christ....pg. 157

"The only absolute truth or word that can be received from God is through direct intuitional revelation. Teachings based on books are indirect teachings. Books and scriptures lead a person to live life in such a way that the revelation becomes possible for them, but the writings themselves are not absolute truths. This is why they need updating from time to time by Sages who have purified themselves sufficiently to receive the revelations.

If you want to receive the absolute opinion of a person, it is necessary to go to them directly and not through intermediaries..."

6. Blackbird

Blackbird Well-Known Member MEMBER

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,820
    Ase, thank you.

Blackbird

7. Music Producer

Music Producer Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +94
    Hi, Love_Unknown and welcome to Destee.com.

Your points about the Word of GOD and how it can not be destroyed or faked are excellent but you contradict your words through your deride of books and the art of reading, writing and communication.

This is your contradiction to your own knowledge.

That is the one statement that contradicts your entire point of view. Writing is what our ancestors used to communicate their ideology, knowledge and experiences in order for it to be remembered, passed on and useful information for us today, the Word of GOD is not excluded from this methodology of communicating. It is GOD that gave us the Knowledge of writing, reading and communicating.

Ask yourself the question:
    What would humans be like today if the knowledge of writing and reading was void in the earth and never developed, how would we exist?

Writing is divine because it replaces death.

This means that even though our ancestors are dead or some dead for 5,000 years or more, as long as they wrote down what they wanted us to know and it survives time to be published today where as I can read it, that ancestors knowledge now lives on in the book and now in me after I have read it.

Now, I am not putting down the art of Spirit communication or what ever, but I am a man of the practical world.

It is stupid for me to go put my faith in some soothsayer or spirit conjures to talk to my ancestors when my ancestors have already communicated what they want me to know in a book. I began to believe it is those ancestors that lead us to the write book of ancient knowledge. I have several books in my library in which I can’t remember buying nor why.

To destroy books all together and prejudice ourselves from reading them is just plain not smart.

Reading and Writing is how you and I are communicating right now. Do you think it would be wise to destroy this and the methodology?

8. Blackbird

Blackbird Well-Known Member MEMBER

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,820
    Brother Music Producer,

You wrote: Your points about the Word of GOD and how it can not be destroyed or faked are excellent but you contradict your words through your deride of books and the art of reading, writing and communication.

I believe Brother Love Unknown's words were lost upon you. If I understood correctly it was not a statement of rejection for written word and the art of reading and writing. It was a statement that the unadulterated word of the Creator can be gleamed from the Creation itself. For us initiates, it is called Oro - the seed sound of creation. The Bamana, relatives of the Dogon people, called it "Yo". It is devoid of any ideology or dogma. It just is.... Amadou Ba, an initiate of the Bamana tradition, relays in his work "
    everything in the universe speaks; everything is speech that has taken on body and shape​
    ."
    RUNA also points out the person can be broken down to /per/ and /son/ or "through sound".

You wrote: That is the one statement that contradicts your entire point of view. Writing is what our ancestors used to communicate their ideology, knowledge and experiences in order for it to be remembered, passed on and useful information for us today, the Word of GOD is not excluded from this methodology of communicating. It is GOD that gave us the Knowledge of writing, reading and communicating.

Kotomaa (Elder) Amadou Ba conveys this from his tradition,
    "As they came down from Maa Ngala towards Man, words were divine but after their contact with corporeality they lost something of their divinity, but took on sacredness."​

For untold centuries, our people used oral tradition and ritual to pass on the spiritual truths and insights. The priest of Ifa/Fa, the babalawo/bokono, has committed to memory selected passages of Odu Ifa to communicate and has been taught by his mentor the various rituals to sustain community. The priestesses and priests of our ancestral communities, without written word, but ritual knowledge and oral teaching have been able to balance the various forces in nature. This includes the eldership of the Dogon like the Hogon and others. It was once told to me that even the most sublimest truths of Kemetic society were not committed to books, but were actually transferred through speech. There are two words relevant to this. Metu Neter and Metu Nefer. Metu Neter is the direct word of God, whereas Metu Nefer means "word of good".

Ask yourself the question:

What would humans be like today if the knowledge of writing and reading was void in the earth and never developed, how would we exist?

The Yoruba and many African people were able to maintain spiritual practices and communication with the Word of God for thousands of years without writing.

Writing is divine because it replaces death.

Africans used memory and the faculty of libations.

This means that even though our ancestors are dead or some dead for 5,000 years or more, as long as they wrote down what they wanted us to know and it survives time to be published today where as I can read it, that ancestors knowledge now lives on in the book and now in me after I have read it.
    Now, I am not putting down the art of Spirit communication or what ever, but I am a man of the practical world. It is stupid for me to go put my faith in some soothsayer or spirit conjures to talk to my ancestors when my ancestors have already communicated what they want me to know in a book. I began to believe it is those ancestors that lead us to the write book of ancient knowledge. I have several books in my library in which I can’t remember buying nor why.

Not going to answer.

To destroy books all together and prejudice ourselves from reading them is just plain not smart.

I agree.

Reading and Writing is how you and I are communicating right now. Do you think it would be wise to destroy this and the methodology?

All things have a purpose. Ase!!!

Blackbird

9. Love_Unknown

Ratings:
    +5
    Hello Music Producer. Thank you for the welcome. It’s very much appreciated.

I’ve read hundreds of posts on this site and I keep seeing your name all over it, so I’ve been meaning to make your acquaintance and ask you one question: WHAT IN THE HE!! ARE YOU DOING?????!!!!!

Don’t get me wrong, you’re my brother/sister and I love you, I’d still love you even if you weren’t. But assuming that you’re not actually a government agent determined to destroy our efforts, I ask you why are you trying to “so hard” to drag all of these descent, intelligent, truth seeking brothers and sisters back into slavery with your FANATICAL, ILLOGICAL, AND JUST PLAIN RIDICULOUS devotion to the very book more responsible than any other for our cultural destruction, dehumanization, and 400 year state of near absolute confusion. And don’t try to twist my words and say that I’m blaming our present condition “completely” on a book. That is not what I said and such a thought would just be STUPID. I say this because I’ve seen others accuse you of twisting their words and making inferences from their statement that simply are not there, and now you are doing the same thing to me.

(Music Producer) To destroy books all together and prejudice ourselves from reading them is just plain not smart.

What the ???? are you talking about? Where in my post “anywhere” do see any “anti-book” statements? Where did you see me say or suggest anything about destroying books? Brother what is wrong with you? I love books. They’re wonderful. I own almost 200 books. I’ve read hundreds more. Did you really think that I’m advocating or even suggesting in the slightest way that all books and forms of written communication should be destroyed? Once again, that would be STUPID! But this “insinuation” of yours makes perfect sense to me because I can see from your many other posts that subconsciously you think that we’re all stupid. Through your words and entire belief system that you’ve espoused so vehemently, it is quite clear to me that, whether you are consciously aware of this or not, whether you want to admit it or not, you really do believe that Black people, your own people, lack intelligence. Prime example:

(Music Producer) Anotherone for the book shelf
    Well, lets put another book on the shelf. Stolen Legacy by Gorge G.M James, ISBN 0913543780.
    I thought this book was excellent and is one of the better books that I have seen written by an African American. I was surprised to see every source sighted, as professionally written thesis should be.

Do you remember making the above statement in your incredibly long “Egypt” thread post #340? Once again, what is wrong with you? What exactly do you mean by “one of the better books written by an African American? Why are you so “surprised” that a book written by an African American is well sighted and professionally written? Perhaps you haven’t read very many books written by Black authors. Stolen Legacy is a well-known classic, and one of the very first books that I read when I started researching the Black experience over 10 years ago. How could you just so recently have gotten around to reading it? It would seem that you believe that we African Americans are not terribly capable of writing professional quality papers? Your words really betray you in this matter. But this way of thinking is the norm in today’s society and understandable since we’ve all been taught by the white power structure that Black people are stupid since the day we were born. But I must ask, how dare you come on this site and unashamedly just disregard the best scholarship we have to offer, scholarship from men and women who’ve dedicated their entire lives to our education and struggle? And especially when it would seem that you are so early in your attempts to educate yourself about our people and rid your mind of white oppressive garbage? I ask you again, what are you doing???!!! From what I’ve read on your many other posts, you have no qualms about simply rejecting basic and universally agreed upon opinions of our best educators: Cheikh Anta Diop, John G. Jackson, Dr. Yoseph Benjochannan, Dr. John Henrik Clarke, Ivan Van Sertima, Drusilla Dunjee Houston, just to name a few. All of them state unequivocally that the Hyksos, the ancestors of your “holy” Hebrew people (or whatever,) were foreign Semitic invaders from the Middle East that virtually destroyed Kemet with their extremely violent takeover, their ignorance, and their barbaric behavior. You’ve invented your own little historical understanding/religion with “all” of the people in the Bible being Black, Akenaten as the designated high priest/messiah or whatever, and yourself as its one and only prophet I guess since I‘ve never heard anybody else professing such garbage. I don’t mean to insult you brother really, but this has gotten ridiculous. What I think you fail to realize or even consider is that the vast majority of us here have been raised and even force fed Biblical nonsense since birth. Many of us, including myself, know that book quite well, but I guess we all missed the essence of its “divine” wisdom that you alone have been blessed enough to see. The reason for this I suppose is that in the dark recesses of your mind the white oppressors have succeeded in convincing you that we’re all so stupid, like me undoubtedly who according to you is advocating the destruction of all books! I know full well that if you were standing here in my face with nothing between me and you but space to keep me from snatching you up by the collar would you ever look me in the eye and form your lips to say something so [email protected] dumb to me. I say this with love brother, I really do, but ****! You insult me sir. You insult my entire people. You insult yourself.

Wake up man (assuming you are one.) There are many people on this site telling you some good and very intelligent things. Try a little harder at listening. I’ve been at this kind of thing full time for the last 15 years. How about yourself? What I detest most among people in this world today is apathy, and you are obviously not guilty of this. You have wonderful energy, and I‘ve seen you use your mind effectively on a number of occasions. I believe that you could be a real asset to this struggle if you learn to love and respect us/yourself much, much more, and if you successfully break these shackles in your mind that prevent you from seeing the “obvious,” and ultimately ends up skewing everything you have to say. A prime example of this is how you “completely” missed the entire point of this thread. The answer to my question, “how does The Creator speak” is obvious and childlike in its simplicity. The first sentence of the first reply (given by Brother Nibs) states the answer very plainly: THE CREATOR SPEAKS THROUGH CREATION. It is only this Abrahamic/Judaic shackle that you have in your mind that keeps you from seeing the obvious. Free your mind. Not trying to single you out brother because we’re all here with you trying to do the exact same thing. God bless. Peace.

Love U.

10. Love_Unknown

Ratings:
    +5
    Thank you Blackbird. Your words are right on point, and the additional information you added is helpful and most welcome. Ase.

Love U.