Black People Politics : What Is The True State Of Our So Called Black Nation?

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by chuck, Oct 1, 2013.

1. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,528
    There did and does seem that some (if not all) buy the hype about this beig a youth oriented nation, i. e., all good things some by the way of young minds/fresh ideas, y'know?

The flip side are those older ones which did and do mislead the younger ones, and/or the cirisis we're in the midst of, however much a few here would have us to believe that's merely a part of their natural/normal social rebellion, whereas black on black youth violence is barely being contained in some cases, and out of control elsewhere?

At what point can and will we just admit, whatever the nature of our attempts to be good role models, some of today's young folk do make bad choices, and some things we have to hold them accountable for, as well?

Gangsta rap, which above and beyond all over forms of so called 'light entertainment' is what some of today's white media execs overhype, is also a reflection of the audiences it caters to, and last I heard/read, the majority was and is young white middle class suburbanites, not merely poor and working class brown and black kids...

Y'see, that ole story about the Pided Piper does come to mind, only this time-- for the sake of a demented segment of the white status quo--in order to steal our young folk away from us-- and/or to undermine the rise of another bunch of like minded freedom fighters, etc.

So, what we're up against, this time, is on the level of cultural and social genocide, one and all...

Such is also a part of the backdrop , i. e., of the backward and stupid arguing and bickering, both of which only reflect the failed agendas of aging and dying (off) relics of the Cold War era, and/or neither can seriously claim to be looking out for the best interests of the citizens of this nation, nor are qualified or worthy to set themselves up as the judge or jury of other nation's shortcomings...

Thing is: What are 'we the people' prepared to provide as saner and safer alternatives?

You tell me!

FYI

2. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,071
    The State of Black America and the Next Steps in the Struggle For Liberation

How have President Obama's policies impacted the Black community and people of color? Listen to PSL's 2012 Presidential Candidate, Peta Lindsay talk about the true state of Black America and the next steps in the struggle for liberation.

For more news and analysis, visit http://www.PSLweb.org
    To keep up with the Peta Lindsay/Yari Osorio PSL 2012 Presidential Campaign, visit http://www.VotePSL.org

3. Alarm Clock

Alarm Clock Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,030
    http://destee.com/index.php?threads...we-controled-the-paradigm-of-our-youth.69783/

4. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,528
    First of all, my time in these public libraries and/or considering the less than private circumstances I post in, etc., I don't have the option to just watch whatever videos any of you choose to present, and it was/is about your takes, not somebody else's to begin with...

No disrespect intended or meant...

I do hope that turns out to be likewise...

FYI...

5. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,071
    My post had words and links. Can you click and pull up links?

How have President Obama's policies impacted the Black community and people of color? Listen to PSL's 2012 Presidential Candidate, Peta Lindsay talk about the true state of Black America and the next steps in the struggle for liberation.

For more news and analysis, visit http://www.PSLweb.org
    To keep up with the Peta Lindsay/Yari Osorio PSL 2012 Presidential Campaign, visithttp://www.VotePSL.org

6. Gracious

Gracious Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +232

Hi chuck,:wave:

I hear you my brother & would like to share some thoughts re: possible remedies:

First ...

Let us pleeeease stop wastin' time spinning our proverbial wheels by:

·Searching for something new ... as in a new name for our struggle! Why? 'Cause it's the same - same mountain we've been walkin' round for centuries since we've been in this country! Our People have been surviving in a land that obviously has little hope of sustaining itself without our brawn, our brilliance & our talents.

·Searching for a new leader of the masses ... that looks like/sounds like Malcolm, Martin, Coretta, etc. Why? 'Cause we know that God only made one of each them! Let us study them (all of our richly historic leaders), learn from them, seek Divine wisdom in our direction & keep it movin'!

Next ...

Our Youth!

History dictates that CHANGE happens with these of our People (our youth) when they are encouraged/motivated to think beyond themselves with purpose! Those preceding our youth MUST be constrained to “steer the ship” by providing much needed discipline & wisdom!

Re: Our Yesterday(s) …

Our history is filled with “sleeping giants” re: civil/human rights movements!

Here’s one worth pondering over:

The irony of … The Poor People’s Campaign … is that the American tragedy that sparked this Movement could have occurred a week ago! That’s how quickly the amazing strives made by our tireless brotha’ & sista’ soldiers have been legally ignored & forgotten by certain factions within this country.

How many of us remember?

How many of us remember our “recent” history? (stuff that occurred less than Two or Three generations ago!!!)

If not … why not???

Now … when we as a People, finally decide to hold our own-selves accountable by answering THAT question, we’ll be well on our way!

Peace!

7. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,528
    Airing your opinions is one thing, but never ever lecture the approach of the origintor of a thread, or he or she won't take you seriously...

That's being disrespectful as a given...

FYI

8. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,528
    I have no problem with exchanges, as long as mutual respect is being exibited, and mutual respect will be given...

But it's not what you said, it is how you said it...

So try a different approach...

FYI...

9. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,528
    At best, that is an adversarial approach, of worse, an attempt to bully me out of my approach....

In either case, I'm not going for it, so please don't waste my or other posters time etc., with things I and we are bound to disagree with, on general principles...

FYI...

10. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,528
    If you just don't agree with what I'm saying, you can always start your own thread...

Or you could just be candid and honest, i. e., point out why you disagree with my points of view, on the mutual respect side...

This too is a disrespectful comeback, and whenever you actually say things I disagree with, I'm always upfront about it...

It seems that you're into a go along to get along take on unity etc., and that's an outright denial of how diverse we are, regardless of our various labels, etc.

FYI