Black People : What IS The State Of Black America: 2010?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by chuck, Aug 22, 2010.

1. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,531
    It is a given anybody striving to transform the nation they live in knows and understands there are things they must change about those on the bottom too!

Nothing is gained/much is lost/etc. denying the obvious about them:

Some are complacent/conformist/complicit/etc., as regards identifying them either via the means and ways our peoples exploiter and oppressors choose to redefine us, as inferior versions of themselves, and/or others as and with the very people who exploit and oppress the rest of us...

I. e., this is becoming pretty obvious, as regards so many females having so many children out of wedlock, as though the biological father being in their lives etc. doesn't matter much, as though their immediate and extended family members 'owe' them...

This also includes immature males (hardly mature men), who father children on the basis of a false sense of 'manhood', who are barely in their many children's lives for the most obvious of reasons, aka a lack of money, and/or only forced to be in a few--by the way of that ole so called 'friend of the court', as in--court santioned taking of some of their earnings/paycheck...

Lastly, this includes those who do their jobs barely or poorly, be they teachers or social workers, etc., whereas their examples tend to be negative rather than positive ones...

Etc.

Though I seek to not so easily or simply play the blame game, etc., rather to bring up the undeniable fact our present issues/problems/etc. are internal (not just external) ones...

Black nationalism etc. are of the high/lofty/etc. idea variety...

What matters to most (if not all) folk are the basics etc.

And what is the basic building block of any culture/people.etc.?

The family and/or the extended family that is expected to support it and visa versa...

So in all due candor and honesty, my sometimes also oh so afrocentric etc. sisters and brothers, your choices are just that:

Also what did or does tend to be the foundation of black life and culture etc. either hasn't changed much-- or is very much in the decline...

So, do strive and try to make a clear distinction, i. e., between the black (christian) church (and its traditions etc.), which came out of the black slave tradition (as well as was a part of their attempts at re-empowerment--etc.), as opposed to the white christian tradition, also which reflected or reflects self justifying takes of a relatively few rich and powerful backers of certain sects, e. g., which is what the term--white anglo saxon protestant--did and does reflect...

Our religious/spiritual beliefs etc did sustain our ancestors/forebears/etc., or as Brother Malcolm knew and understood too well--wind up being trite or serious stumbling blocks between us...

Flashforward and a false sense of an united front--towards a presumed and assumed new worldwide conflict between the devotees of christianity vs. Islam--i. e., which is why black and white etc. U. S. Christians accepted the bankrupt and bogus argument George H. Bush (Senior) used as an excuse to invade Iraq in the first place--is a case study of us needing and wanting to remember that other ole saying:

"Beware of false prophets..."

In this latest desegregated era:

Yes...

Some of everybody just presumes and assumes everything...

But...

There's been no information presented that ever linked Saddam Hussein with Osama Bin Laden...

And...

No links with African American Muslims with Islamist extremists either!

So why this not acknowledged though sometimes alleged blind loyalty to 'all things Islam'?

Our takes are just that:

Our loyalties can and should be to each other...

Therefore can we have a truly candid and honest chat or chats about what aills us these days?

Holla holla...

:em0200:

2. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,531
    There can and will be a place and a time etc. when present and future generations reflect on the glories of past black civilizations etc. again:

Via the here and now, we do have to get back to the basics, sisters and brothers...

I. e., first and foremost, we are human beings....

So many in our midst are degenerating to the level of social barbarism, etc., and our very humanity is at stake, if we can't and fail to find means/ways/etc. to halt/reverse it...

:10500:

3. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,015
    The state of Black America today, is 36 million folks;
    many dealing with unemployment, and possible foreclosures
    but with no Collective National Economic Plan

Folks faceing Regentrification, but with no collective community based cooperative purchasing plan to buy up real estate in a declining market

Folks seeing the defacto privatization and militarization of schools while others close,
    and no National Black youth program

Folks seeing poverty pimp politicians from state to state and city to city, making promises to the grassroots while cutting deals with corporate white supremists at the communities expense,
    without having a National Black Political Agenda

And an available technology, to unify and collectively create our own solutions from state to state,
    since the so called leaders are too busy with pet projects;
    Without a Black website out of millions of Black websites to focus soley on problem solving and solution creation

4. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,015
    the pother state is that we arefilled with petty hatreds

and animosites and old grudges,

that we fall off focus on any real progress towards national solution creation;

1 in community safety and security
    as in our own Black community patrols

2 home food production, the collective purchasing of abandoned lots and adjacent farm land in rural areas for community food gardens and collective pantires for emegencies

3 Co-operative collective purchasing of solar power,
    by tenants in our communities to get off the white man's grid

4 Establishing home learning curicullum, fully acredited , to be placed free of charge to provide parents of African descent
    the available tools to progress their children, along with cogent and concise Black history

5 Our own community based Black wholistic preventative medecine clinics that would make a pardigm, of the life saving protocols of Dr Afrika, Dr Sebi, Queen Afua and Dr Pookrum

6 Our own Black real fortune society that we an employ brpthers and sisters coming out of the prison industrial complex so that whiel the community, has councilors, using the combined methodologies of Amos Wilson, Joy Degruy and Jawanzaa Kunjufu, to allow them some healing from that horror, they can be employed while continuing education either college courses or trade skills,with a cadre of trade union sisters and brothers to sponsor and tutor them to get their "Book"

7 Community based centers for the free access and learning of all artistic accumens and musical skills

8 A collective economic establishment based on the combined principles of Dr Claude Anderson, and Dr Amos Wilson

5. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,531
    I must admit to being elated/pleased/suprised/etc. by this reply...

:toast:

6. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,015

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:
    We have a lot more in common then difference, and if anything ever happened to you and yours , you would get my phone number and I would be there to assist you and yours by any means neccesary

the hell our people face is too big for us to waste keys bickering,
    and we really have lives and minds to save.

I think N fell that if Destee had a meet and great, I would feel embarassed when looking in some folks eyes here thniking about how we carry on without seeing those African faces up close,
    faces that carry hearts heavy with the love for their pweople, and heavy with the pain of seeing what we endure in the states where we live,
    cause when we do look into each others eyes as brothers with the same focus the animosity stops and as Leon Thomas sang

the Happiness Flows;

Hotep

7. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,531
    Good evening, bruh...

And thanks for the link...

But my moments of reflection etc. come by the way of Coltrane's SPIRITUAL tracks...

I. e., they are to me what ROOTS (the book/the TV mini series) have come to mean to the rest of our various relations, my man...

:SuN020: