Black People : What is the REAL story about Pakistan?

Atlantic Council Report on
Pakistan: A Distortion of Reality
by Ramtanu Maitra
March 20, 2009 EIR World News 51
if successful, will paralyze Washington’s policy vis-àvis
Pakistan and Afghanistan.
On Feb. 25, The Daily Times of Lahore citied a
local TV channel showing Nawaz Sharif and his
brother, Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif, receiving
a “VVIP” from Saudi Arabia at Lahore Airport.
According to the channel, this important figure,
accompanied by two other Saudis, were taken to the
Sharifs’ residence in Raiwind. The channel’s sources
identified the guest as Sheikh Saeed, adding that he
had played an important role in taking the Sharif
family to Saudi Arabia after the military coup in 1999,
and in their return to the country last year. The meeting
between Nawaz and Sheikh Saeed was highly secretive,
and not even Nawaz’s personal aides were allowed
in.
As one observer pointed out in the Hong Kongbased
Asia Times, Nawaz Sharif’s prior history in building
his power base has done much harm to the nation
already. He adopted a divisive scheme of pandering to
two primary groups. “The first group, the Punjabi, were
the focus of his corrupt patronage
largess and a toxic mix of
hardline religious nationalism.
The second group is religious
extremists and terrorists like the
Taliban. Sharif is on record stating
he would prefer Pakistan to
be run like the Taliban ran Afghanistan,
and we all know how
well that turned out. Sharif’s
reckless embrace of religious
extremism led him to try and
impose Sharia (Islamic law) on
Pakistan in 1998, and declare
himself ‘Amirul Momineen’
(Leader of the Faithful/Believers),”
the observer noted.
A Well of Good Wishes
The Atlantic Council report,
dated Feb. 25, 2009, contains a
prescription of what to do, in
addition to being heavy on Pakistan’s
economic woes. In the
executive summary, the report
recomments a total package of
$4-5 billion above the (Biden)-
Kerry-Lugar proposals, beyond the International Monetary
Fund’s loans and other loans from the United
States and other sources. Of this, about $3 billion should
go to the economic and social sectors directly, it suggested.
The (Biden)-Kerry-Lugar proposals call for enhancing
aid to Pakistan three-fold to $1.5 billion annually
for five years, for humanitarian purposes.
In addition, about $1 billion of fresh or redirected
funds would go to security forces—both military and
law enforcement. Of this $1 billion, approximately
$200 million would be applied to recruiting, training,
and deployment of an additional 15,000 police within
the next six months, forces which are essential to bringing
long-term law and order to all of Pakistan, the report
suggested.
Over a number of years, the architects of Pakistan’s
economy showed significant growth by utilizing the
cheap labor-induced outsourcing by Western nations.
Now that that financial bubble has burst and the financial
collapse is upon this world, Pakistan’s economy is
in dire straits. During President Pervez Musharraf’s
GNUFDL
Former prime minister Nawaz Sharif (right) is trying to bring down the Pakistan
government. An advocate of imposing Islamic law in the country, who has accepted Taliban
rule since 1998, he is the most powerful politician in Pakistan today. He and his brother,
Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif (at microphone), had a highly secretive meeting
recently with a top Saudi official.
52 World News EIR March 20, 2009
regime, Pakistan achieved a significant growth rate, but
so did Iceland, to name a country which is now bankrupt
and had to go back to its traditional economic practice:
fishing.
Pakistan is bankrupt now because it did not invest
adequately in its infrastructure and agro-industries, and
did not consider the majority of its population as potential
producers. One government after another chose to
invest in projects that enhance exports, but not to develop
its domestic market of 150 million-plus people.
That was done to build up foreign exchange reserves
and pay the foreign debt—a policy well appreciated in
Washington at the time.
Islamabad’s past economic policies, always guided
to a large extent from Washington, did not even open up
its tribal areas (FATA) for investments, and as a result,
that large land area bordering Afghanistan has remained
alienated from mainstream Pakistan. Whether Washington
wanted Pakistan to open up these areas is irrelevant;
the fact is, that the tribal areas have remained virtually
in the same economic state as they were in the
days of the British Raj. This is one of the reasons that
the terrorists have succeeded in taking over these
areas.
The report’s recommendation to pump in more
money to an ally is commendable; however, it may also
turn out to be highly frustrating. Economic aid produces
positive results in a country when that country possesses
strong institutions and a development program
that prioritizes the build-up of its physical infrastructure.
In the absence of that, as it is so apparent in Pakistan,
money does not do much good, other than enriching
a handful. The report’s recommendations in the
economic area may at least help some American lawmakers
to get rid of the guilt that they are burdened
with.
Barking Up the Wrong Tree
In the sections “What To Do” and “Recommendations,”
the Council points out that the Obama Administration
should develop a strategy whose prime objectives
are the stability of that country and the improvement
of relations between the U.S. government and the government
of “the citizens of Pakistan.”
The mention of the “citizens of Pakistan” is interesting.
Since the beginning of bilateral relations, the
United States was always engaged with and supported
a single government or individual in Pakistan. How
that can be done in the short term, since the security
situation is such that a long-term approach of any
kind is dicey, needs exploration.
The report also stresses the importance of having a
U.S. special regional representative, who will “not only
be charged with responsibility for advancing U.S.
policy with Pakistan and Afghanistan, but also should
take into account the relationships with and influence of
India, Turkey, Russia, China, Iran, the Gulf States and
Europe, and help Pakistan resolve its differences with
neighboring countries.”
The roadblock that one would face in trying to implement
this policy, is the “Pakistan” that could explain
with clarity its differences with the regional countries.
This would be a tall order under the conditions that prevail
in Pakistan today.
Another tall order is the Council’s recommendation
that the “U.S. should engage in consultations with other
relevant governments, including India, China, Saudi
Arabia, the Gulf States and Europe to maximize efforts
to promote a deeper economic and political relationship
with Pakistan and thus to help ensure the country’s economic
and political stability over the longer-term.”
To begin with, New Delhi shows little interest in
third-party involvement in its dealings with Pakistan.
Whether that is acceptable to Washington or not, the
fact remains that New Delhi considers such involvement
as basically intended to undermine the 1972
Shimla Agreement, signed by the heads of states of two
nations, designed to resolve all disputes, minor or major,
bilaterally.
In other words, this....

full article:
Executive Intelligence Review

Hands In Afghanistan

By Karl W B Schwarz
KarlSchwarz2008
11-27-5

A scant percentage of Americans know that ten days before President Kennedy was assassinated, he made a speech at Columbia University, during which he made the following statement:

"The high office of the President has been used to foment a plot to destroy the American's freedom and before I leave office, I must inform the citizen of this plight."

John Fitzgerald Kennedy
May 29, 1917 - November 22, 1963

I have given a lot of thought to those words, his assassination, and what he was prevented from saying to America.

One of the things most noticeable to me since 1963 is how the Office of the President of the United States has been used to create and push bogus policy on bogus facts. History has shown that the Gulf of Tonkin incident that escalated the Vietnam war was staged by the United States. I have repeatedly seen this nation invent enemies or even arm enemies to create a war in the future for massive defense spending initiatives. I have also seen them implement policies based on lies just so the wealthy elite can make a lot of money, stained with the blood of dead American soldiers. Yes, they also use policy by gun point to steal what belongs to others and then hold themselves up high as Great Americans when they are mere thieves.

One of the coming email updates will address how the past three presidential administrations have undermined our national security by breaching every level of common sense when transferring high technology to the People's Republic of China.

Knowing what I know about Washington, D.C. (my office was there from 1989 to 1996), when I see our government act I look behind the scenes for what the real motives were.

Afghanistan-and why our President ordered our military to invade it-is just such a instance of bogus policy based on outright lies. I have been following this matter since 1999, well before the attacks of 9-11, due to someone I met in 1999. That person gave me information regarding a lawsuit in Texas and I followed it because I have been concerned for many years about the energy policies and foreign policies of this Republic. What you are about to read below is not my word against George W. Bush; it is a matter of public record in our U.S. Courts.

The military training for the invasion of Afghanistan started less then sixty (60) days after Bush was sworn into office, and waiting only for 9-11 to happen to justify the invasion. I also suspect that the drafting of the Patriot Act and the formation of Homeland Security started at about the same time.

If I were in a position to appoint the Real 9-11 Commissionit would start with four energy companies that have electrical plants in Pakistan, all attendees of the Cheney Energy Task Force and the list of Foreign and American names found by Sibel D. Edmonds. In short, I would see to it that the investigation started off with those that stood to benefit the most by attacking Afghanistan and taking over that pipeline and the list of names found by Sibel Edmonds to determine if they were the real perpetrators of 9-11 to put such policies into action. Our government has in the past, and is right now, suppressing the truth across the board regarding a wide range of matters that affect the lives of all of us. That stops when we as American citizens put a stop to it.

It is my goal to find out the truth and present it to you. The major media outlets-television, print, radio and even many websites- are withholding information and entire stories that our current government does not want the citizenry to know. I look at it this way: - if you or I can find trails and answers, so can the major media outlets with their much finer investigative apparatus and greater resources. The inescapable conclusion is that those media either do not look, or they know and do not tell. I have put many in the media on notice and they ignore the facts; they look the other way and refuse to put the truth before their American audience. It is also an inescapable conclusion that the U.S. government has withheld this information as well and for what I believe is cause to cover up their crimes.

What you are about to read (if for the first time) was not heard from the U.S. government or major media. It is time all Americans stand up and demand straight answers to straight questions about the conduct of certain people in this Republic.

In the email update of November 19th, I introduced you to a Neocon that I have been watching for quite some time. In the email update of November 26th, I introduced you to a chapter in Neoconned Again that exposes the writings of Mr. Edward Luttwak. He is Jewish, ultra-conservative, a military advisor, and was an advisor to Reagan. If you stop to ponder that George H.W. Bush, Rumsfeld, Cheney and others were also involved in the Reagan Administration, the dots start to connect.

I have been following a court case through the U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas since 1999 when I was first told about it by employees of the corporation involved. Long before 9-11 happened, I was looking at this corporation and the actions surrounding it, and everything I have found suggests I was on the right trail. Even after I started making these matters publicly known in my book One-Way Ticket to Crawford, Texas, executives of this corporation approached me discreetly to advise that I was not only on the right trail but the matter was even more complicated and serious than I knew. U.S. government officials were engaged in activities they did not disclose to the American public. Furthermore, those officials sought to hide information about those activities.

Some of you may know that I sent a demand letter to George W. Bush for the truth about seven hours before the first debate with John Kerry. You may not know that I also sent that demand letter to DNC and the Kerry campaign headquarters at the same time Bush received it at the White House. The following is from that Demand Letter * available at the following link - http://www.karlschwarz.com/letter.html You would have to read that Demand Letter to appreciate that Kerry and DNC just rolled over and were given the information to rip Bush to shreds.

1. I demand as an American citizen that you lift the "gag order" on Sibel D. Edmonds and let Americans know what foreign names and what AMERICAN NAMES she uncovered in her FBI translations that were involved in drug trafficking, money laundering and the financing of 9-11. Her facts and your "official story" lies do not add up. Americans demand the truth on that matter before the election.

2. I demand to know what energy companies were in that Cheney Energy Task Force meeting and what discussions there were as to the steps that would be taken to remove the Taliban and Bridas Corporation as the last remaining obstacle to the United States controlling the Trans-Afghanistan Pipeline. I met that company in 1999 and have known since then about the Bridas v Unocal, $15 billion interference of contract lawsuit in US District Court, Southern District of Texas. I also know about the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals decision on September 9, 2003 that upheld the Bridas $500 million arbitration settlement and the March 22, 2004 denial of Writ of Certiorari at the United States Supreme Court, Case 03-1018, Turkmenneft v Bridas.

3. I demand to know how many prisoners are being held at GITMO and other places that are either BRIDAS EMPLOYEES or are persons that know all about Bridas Corporation and what your administration did to get control of that Trans-Afghanistan pipeline.

When that letter was received, I got a "thank you" from federal investigators that suddenly had all kinds of people freaking out and contacting each other that this had surfaced. In sending that demand letter, certain people made the mistake of sending emails, telephone calls or scheduling meetings to discuss what they supposedly knew nothing about. In time the truth will be known by all.

Our freedoms and civil liberties-and effectively the power of our Constitution-have been altered because of 9-11 and the 9-11 Commission that was suborned by the Bush Administration and Congress. They have even covered up the Cheney Energy Task Force, in which I suspect that it was discussed that the landlocked oil deals in Turkmenistan, Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan would not be landlocked much longer, since Cheney and Bush intended to take control of the Trans-Afghanistan Pipeline, or TAP as it is called, with military force.

The TAP was under contract from Turkmenistan, through Afghanistan, through Pakistan to the ocean with an Argentine oil company named Bridas Corporation and its parent Bridas S.A.P.I.C. On September 9, 2003, Bridas prevailed at the Fifth Circuit, U.S. Court of Appeals on a $500 million interference of contract lawsuit. That lawsuit was then taken to the U.S. Supreme Court and on March 22, 2004 the high court refused to hear the case or consider reversing the Fifth Circuit decision. See US Supreme Court, case 03-1018, State Concern Turkmenneft v. Bridas S.A.P.I.C., et al.

http://conlaw.usatoday.findlaw.com/supreme_court/
orders/2003/032204pzor.html

Bridas Corporation signed contracts with Turkmenistan in 1992 and 1993, long before our oil companies were welcome in these former Soviet satellites. Suddenly, after our presence started there, the Turkmenistan government issued on order blocking Bridas from exporting the oil and gas they had found from Turkmenistan. That was after Bridas had the foresight to start laying the groundwork for the pipeline across Afghanistan to get that oil to markets around the world. Bridas signed the agreement with the Taliban in 1996 and in 1997 a full court press was put on Pakistan and Afghanistan to get the deal into U.S. hands. They cut off the north end of that pipeline (Turkmenistan) and then the south end of that pipeline (Pakistan) and isolated the remaining element to Afghanistan / Taliban / Bridas Corporation.

The Bush Administration does not want any American knowing the truth about what happened in Afghanistan or that we breached a commercial contract with military force to take over a deal that was denied to US oil companies, because there was already a deal in place. Under the Clinton Administration they upended the Pakistan government to cut off that part of the Bridas Corporation deal. Under the Clinton Administration, they compelled Turkmenistan to breach its agreements with Bridas, hence the judgment award of $500 million for interference of contract. Clinton does not want you to know what actions were taken under his administration, and there were many.

Funny how Cheney's name keeps popping up in scams and warprofits rather then on a list of folks under federal investigation or reprimands

Halliburton, the Houston-based oil-field services company once headed by former Vice President Dick Cheney, has been the state’s most notorious war profiteer. KBR, formerly a subsidiary of Halliburton and also headquartered in Houston, is the U.S. Army’s largest construction and contracting group in Iraq and Afghanistan

Texas Observer

Thursday, August 05, 2004
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Halliburton moving software development to Pakistan - PakTribune

"Halliburton's Landmark Graphics Division, a US-based company, announced Thursday it had decided to migrate some of its main software development centres in Norway to Pakistan through its majority-owned company LMK Resources and it was further looking at the possibility of transferring some major projects started elsewhere to Pakistan. This was stated by Mr Peter Bernard, president of the Landmark Graphics, a division of Halliburton, USA. "We have already employed around 350 people in Pakistan and are foreseeing a big growth in the coming days," he added. He said his company had found the government incentives and IT policies "quite supportive and encouraging" and they were planning to invest around $ 20 million in providing training facilities and other IT-enabled services in Pakistan in the coming two to three years."

http://www.pakp.com/2004/08/halliburton-moving-software.html

Like Arsenio used to say;"kinda makes you go hhhmmmmmm!!!"

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back