Black Spirituality Religion : What Is The Purpose of Trying to Disprove Christianity?

What I mean is there is too much to focus on.

i can't speak for anyone but myself...but i really don't start any discussions on religion...
but if i see a thread that could use an interjection of what little knowledge i possess...i go for it...
because in my book too much knowledge for the common man is never a bad thing(unlike the story of adam and eve)...
too little knowledge is where u get in trouble...imho

u never know who reads ur words and may gain a little insight on this board....

one love
khasm

No. You can't have it both ways. If hitler had imposed religion on jews, do you think jews would take this stance? It's not about what you call yourself it's about what's in your heart mind and soul. When are we going to advance. This labels we enamor ourselves with are just forms of insecurity and uncertainty.

Then we wonder why advancement is "slow".

You either hurt people or help people, your actions speak your label does not. It just says :I hide behind a mask because I lack knowledge of self". If you had knowledge of self you would realize how silly these labels are.

I said no because you said "promotes heritage", how can you promote heritage while still holding the hand of slave to slave master mentality?

I agree about "labels", which why I am willing to work with any Black person that is willing to achieve the same thing I am - perpetual forward progress of Black people - without criticism about their personal beliefs. I personally think that Black people who embrace Kmt in such a strong manner continue to suffer from Black inferiority complexes and are not in tuned with their heritage, but let's look at the word heritage.

Heritage is defined as "the traditions, achievements, beliefs, etc., that are part of the history of a group or nation." http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/heritage

It may be a hard pill to swallow but in the strictest sense, Christianity is part of our heritage. When we look at some of our heroines and heroes this becomes more apparent - like Richard Allen, Nat Turner, Harriet Tubman, etc. I had to come to that conclusion in my daily ancestral reverence practice. Some of my ancestors wanted me to honor them better than I have done in the past. Guess what they wanted? I had to not only place a Bible on my altar, but I have to read a passage from the Bible in my daily service. They also wanted a "true" cross to be placed on the altar.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back