Black Spirituality Religion : What Is The Purpose of Trying to Disprove Christianity?

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Blackbird, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Blackbird

Blackbird Well-Known Member MEMBER

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,820
    What is the purpose for trying to disprove Christianity or trying to showcase the number of contradictions within the Bible?

What is the purpose for trying to prove scientific thinking that supports an atheist interpretation as a white man's thought?

What is the purpose of debating whether African or African American or Black is the appropriate term to call our people?

What role does any of these things have to do with planning a better future?

Just curious....

2. HODEE

HODEE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +795
    They don't at all. When faced with problems and faced with many. Lack of priority and focus will tend to allow one to focus on something of little significance.
    Quoting this one and that person to show who has a particular view or conclusion hasn't brought any of those great debaters or thinkers to the forefront with solutions.

All of us would like to see us move forward , that advancement has been very slow. Don't loose patience being here and giving support help gets things another millimeter of an inch closer.

3. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
    the purpose is to get the mans boot(ideologies) off our neck....

one love
    khasm

4. MS234

MS234 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,900
    Old world dogmas MUST die. This does plan for a better future because people will be based in reality and not make believe fairy tale land. Would you like your future built on solid ground or crayon boxes. I don't even know why you would present this thread knowing well why it should be disproved. The ANCESTORS have had enough. We will never advance as humans hanging on to mental slave chains.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
  5. MS234

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,900
    I know you feel you response was brilliant but it seeps of oxymoron-ism.

First off the SOLUTION is to dispel the lies we've programmed for eons. You don't see that as moving forward? You say the advancement is slow, no ish sherlock how can it advance while hangin on to thing that mask your true spirit? Also did we get here yesterday or was it a slow process? Come on meh.

You feel this is of little significance yet you felt the need to respond. It is of GREAT significance. All these lies of yesteryear are killers of advancement of our people.

If you think deprogramming is NOT a solution then what is . I'll leave you with this. When you build on a foundation do you build a new building on top of the old building or do you KNOCK the old one down to make room? Huh?

It's been a slow process to get here but we can speed it up if we are willing to drop the fear ignorance and insecurity.

So your solution is give support to "get another millimeter of an inch" closer (another oxymoron) while carrying a ball and chain around your brain?

A solution would be to focus on children getting realistic information as children so they can become better adults, adults who won't be enamored with make believe so as you say our advancement won't be as slow as it's been.

Peace

GET REAL WITH REALITY it's not as scary as some think.

You won't find reality at disneyland. just the same old status quo make believe. I see disneyland is of great signifance huh? lol

Peace man don't take this personal it's all love. Love of reality. And love of our extended Afrikan family.

6. Blackbird

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,820
    Understood. It is no secret that I am not a Christian and that I have my reasons for not being one; however, to debate a religious view that others hold dear in an ongoing cycle of back and forth with no progress either way is fruitless to me. I think we have more pressing issues to address.

True the majority of our people may profess Christianity due to the history of the enslavement of our people but at the end of the day does knowing this place us in a better predicament?

Does showing the "insanity" of Christianity miraculously stop one from working a 9 to 5 enriching those that don't look like us because we have to put food on the table?

I became a member of Destee back in 2004 and for a number of years I either started threads or engaged in threads that sought to educate, inform or ultimately disprove Christianity. So I am not innocent; however, during this time, I meet many members who just so happened to be Christian and could confidently argue their reasons for being Christian, but shared the same passion I have about the betterment of Black people. I thought to myself who am I to suggest that these wonderful people are any less knowledgeable or aware of the condition, "racial" dynamics of the struggle and the history of our people. As my focus began to shift from hammering the inconsistencies, inaccuracies and the irrationality of Black people espousing Christianity to seeking tangible solutions, I realize how futile my attempts to disprove a religious belief actually were.

We continue to have Black children, labeled as "thugs", gunned down in the streets. We continue to have all the issues that plague our communities economically and socially.

7. MS234

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,900
    If it's fruitless to you then fine, is it because you've given UP? HOW CAN WE ADDRESS THOSE PRESSING ISSUES WHILE LIVING LIKE ALICE IN WONDERLAND? It won't stop you from working from 9 to 5, but maybe it will free your mind from thinking and performing in a zombie like state of mind. Maybe it might make you see other ways of seeing life. See 9 to 5 is just another form of slavery, yea you live and eat and all but you are a slave to the policies and the time clock. How do they train people to be so subservient? Through public education and religion. Are you starting to see the pattern yet?

8. Blackbird

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,820
    We address those issues by doing something - this doesn't have to be accomplished by bashing Christianity. If you disagree with Christianity, then fine as well. I disagree with it. I disagree with conscious minded people that I believe espouse Alice in Wonderland beliefs about Africa and Kmt. I decided to forego that as well. I am willing to work with any Black person willing to work to do something towards progressing our people forward.

This is where this is coming from and again perhaps I am a dreamer, but imagine this:

A self-sufficient prosperous Black enclave, either in an urban area or rural setting, that proudly promotes our heritage and culture with self-affirming and high performing schools, a strong agricultural system, cutting edge industries that provide equitable employment or ownership opportunities, using non traditional forms of governance and lending, based on green principles. Can this be attained without bashing Christianity?

As we say and this has been my stance of late -"Ima do me and you do you. You doing you is not going to stop me from doing me." We do what we have to either way.

One of my mentors once stated "You can not tell Black people what they need to do or how to think because if you are not a white man, they won't listen. The best way to reach Black people is by showing, giving them something they can see. The drug dealer doesn't have to tell these young boys about selling dope. These young boys can see him, they see his money, his Mercedes, his jewelry and they want to be like him. He showed them another way than being broke and wanting things they can't afford. Black people are a visual people."

9. butterfly#1

butterfly#1 going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,204

Thank you Blackbird ... I have wondered these same things, and so thrilled that you pose the questions today!
    I see no progress when some are constantly tearing down others faith. If they would just talk about their own
    faith and religious beliefs, extolling it's benefits , instead of always knocking others.

Yes, we must know our history and oldsoul's program on Sunday noon (EST) is doing just that. Yet, it is
    IMO, poorly attended by our community. There's so much knowledge shared that most of us have forgotten.
    In a Black community of over 40,000 (participants) ... his class might have 5 to say
    8 in it on any given Sun. I have found it to be most rewarding. AND NO, OLDSOUL
    DIDN'T PAY ME TO THIS!!!

So KUDOS to you Blackbird, I can't wait to hear the reponses!!

10. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,732
    well ifn you in a mood for a good fight you can always go attack the Christians.......