Black People : What is the point of reproducing?

So be it. I'm in very good company. I'm not ending my bloodline for a principle. Eugenics is a very dangerous concept to be playing with.

Eugenics is the social Darwininian belief that genetically inferior humans should be prevented from reproducing so as to improve the gene pool of the species as a whole. I'm advocating that all humans avoid reproducing to decrease our collective, ecological footprint, make the even distribution of resources more possible and, as a result, prevent future suffering (human and non-human).

You and I share 99.9% of our genes as it is. In 6 generations, it's probable that you'll be no more closely related to your descendents than you are to any random, human stranger. Why are shared genes more important than shared values, memories, emotional ties etc. anyways?

overpopulation and it's side effects are the biggest issue that we face as a species.

I wish people would take this seriously.

Do you have biological children?

If people got on board with the concept of resticting reproduction it will only lead to Eugenics. It will be argued, why should some people restrict themsleves while others procreate freely. Then restrictions and Eugenics will be legislated. This is a slippery slope that you are advocating.

whereas you make some valid points in your initial post, the feasibility of your argument relative to the thought processes of the masses, is relatively low...

it's almost akin to me saying i want the radio to stop playing music that marginalizes women and their role...

it's time to face the facts...we have already used this world up past the point of redemption...and the world will retaliate in grand fashion sometime in the future....

my whole theory right now is to live a healthy life, get my chedda and get it while the getting is good...because who knows how long it will be good...

interesting and refreshing topic though....

one love
khasm

Bootzey said:
If people got on board with the concept of restricting reproduction it will only lead to Eugenics. It will be argued, why should some people restrict themselves while others procreate freely. Then restrictions and Eugenics will be legislated. This is a slippery slope that you are advocating.

the planet is overpopulated. what is your plan?

Do you have biological children?

If this is directed to me, I don't. I may adopt but I will never have biological children.

If people got on board with the concept of resticting reproduction it will only lead to Eugenics. It will be argued, why should some people restrict themsleves while others procreate freely. Then restrictions and Eugenics will be legislated. This is a slippery slope that you are advocating.

This isn't just a 'slippery slope' argument (which is considered a common fallacy in debate) , it's also a weak analogy. Eugenics has nothing to do with humans universally and voluntarily choosing not to reproduce. Eugenicists advocate that only some humans avoid reproducing so as to improve the human gene pool, I'm advocating that all humans stop reproducing ( at least until we've drastically lowered our population, eradicated poverty and given every orphan on the planet a good home ) for the sake of reducing the amount of greenhouse gas emissions we're responsible for.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back