Group Think : WHAT IS THE ORIGIN OF RACISM

Discussion in 'Group Think Project-Group' started by A007, Sep 7, 2008.

1. A007

A007 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +115
    This question is at the genesis of us beginning to create real justice, freedom, and peace for our people.

People like Lokman offer stagnent commentary filled with latent ambiguity that fails miserably at either defining the real problem and/or finding a real solution.

Anyone have a GOOD answer to this question?

2. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079
    In the Spirit of Sankofa!

A007,

This is only a suggestion, A007. To expedite time, and as thread starter, why not lay your answer on the table, and allow others, if any, to contribute or reject. This would lead us in the right direction and save time. Otherwise, this is the typical style of answering the answer. Why would a person answer the question, knowing that his or her answer would be answered by the thread starter. Lets get away from this style of dialogue and go for the substance or true intent of the thread. Again, only a suggestion!

3. A007

Ratings:
    +115
    Because if I offer an answer directly after asking a question, then the question is not necessary because there has been a conclusion already reached.

The purpose of the question is to get other's OPINIONS and/or FACTS as they relate to the question. It is an acceptable response to say "I don't know" or "I am not sure". But, to offer an answer before anyone has given it any thought would only set people up to disagree with my theory mostly BECAUSE they haven't given it any THOUGHT.

So, for you, Lokman, and all others I would ask for an opinion/theory on the subject so I can process all information before I offer what my theory is.

Thanks, Peace.

4. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079

A007,

Why do I get the sense that you have very little confidence in your theory?
    Also, what you have stated does little to do away with the idea of, "answer the answer."

5. A007

Ratings:
    +115

Lol, my theory is basically unimpeachable. There may different theories, but in all of the ones I have examined they ALL lead back to MY theory. I will not accept the credit for what I believe, because it is a conglomeration of a few different schools of thought.

Your question to me...Why do I get the sense that you have very little confidence in your theory? is funny. I have plenty of confidence in it.

Why do I get the sense you don't have a theory? It is perfectly ok if you don't have one. MOST people don't. And the ones who DO have one only explain the symptoms of the illness not the ORIGIN of the illness. Why not just state what you believe? I am not going to chop it up. I am just going to say if it is similar to my theory or not. Then, after I have gotten a few answers I will offer what I believe to be the origin and we can then compare notes and maybe come to a adequate conclusion.

Thanks

6. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079

A007,

Well...blow me over! I give! I have no clue on the origin of Racism! And this is a promise, neither will I attempt to counter your theory during the discussion. So, I am all ears, or whatever. Does that mean, you will wait until several posters have offered their thoughts before your theory is shared, if so, I will patiently wait.

7. truetothecause

truetothecause Well-Known Member MEMBER

The~rapist
    Ratings:
    +843
    Greetings Brothers A007 and Clyde Coger

I intend to come back to this and am book marking for now:em4700:
    I shall return as available!

Peace..

M.E.
    :hearts2:

8. Edward Williams

Edward Williams Well-Known Member MEMBER

Produce Justice
    Ratings:
    +58
    An even more basic question than that:

Is it necessary to know the time and date a problem began in order to solve the problem?

Why not just say that all of the problems among the people of the known universe started with the creation of people so in order to solve all of the problems among the people of the known universe you have to wipe out all of the people in the known universe?

Be serious. (I have to give you something to respond to. Non-white people respond to statements more than we respond to questions)

In order to solve the problem of your alternator in your automobile not properly charging the battery is it necessary to know the origin of the automobile or the battery or the alternator?

In order to solve the problem of your child ripping up the leather couch with a butcher's knife is it necessary to know the origin of the couch and the butcher's knife and study, in detail, when your child was born while the child continues to rip up the couch with the butcher's knife?

No. There is no way anyone can ever know the origin of racism because no person that is on the planet today existed when racism was started. All you'll get is speculation on when it started...where it started...why it started...how it started... and who started it.

We were taken down that road by the smartest and most powerful white people. Racism is in the universe. You are in the universe. Racism is a problem. Racism was here when you got here.

So what do you do about racism being here in the universe with you and it is affecting you?

Just like with the child you observe what the child is doing and figure out a way to stop the child from doing what he or she is doing if you find that what the child is doing is destructive. After you have stopped the child from cutting up all of the furniture then you can sit down with the child and try to figure out where this aggression began and come up with solutions to keep it from happening again. But the first order of business is to get that butcher's knife out of that child's hands without you being harmed and wrestle that child to the ground if you have to and calm that child down by whatever means you have to. You do that first. But to try to figure out the origin of the child, the butcher's knife and the couch while the child is being destructive?

That's how we treat being mistreated on the basis of color. We attempt to try to figure out when this mistreatment began happening...while we are being mistreated on the basis of color on a daily basis. This is insane behavior. Just as insane as trying to figure out the origin of the child, the couch, and the butcher's knife while the child is ripping up the couch with the butcher's knife. Total insanity. We are insane people.

We don't have to be if we follow THE LOGIC. The first order of business is to figure out a way to stop the white people who practice racism (white supremacy) from doing what they are doing and you have to do that without being harmed. Sounds like it is harder than rocket science but it isn't. It is very simple to do but you have to know what you are doing when you are doing it.

9. A007

Ratings:
    +115
    Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a DIFFERENT RESULT. That is EXACTLY what we are continuing to do. We keep trying to figure out a way to stop white people who practice racism...but we have NO IDEA why the practice racism. This is the very definition of INSANITY!!

Your example of the child and couch are not even close to the same thing. the equivilent would be...If I said we need to find out the origin of black people who are the OBJECT of the racism. The origin of the BEHAVIOR of the child is actually the exact same origin as racism. It is the exact same origin as ALL evil. The fact that you don't know the origin of an altenator (object) is not the same as not knowing the origin of the inability of the car to start (how the car is acting).

We continue to try to start the car (stop racism) without knowing WHY the car doesn't start (the origin of the problem). That is insanity. What we have been doing the same thing for the last 200 years and it has NOT WORKED, so why do we continue to try the same things when it is obvious that they are not changing anything?

10. Edward Williams

Edward Williams Well-Known Member MEMBER

Produce Justice
    Ratings:
    +58
    I don't know why non-white people continue to search for the origin of racism. How long have non-white people been trying to find out why white people practice racism?