Black People Politics : What is the origin of Democracy - who was it first conceived by?

Brother Shikamaru mentioned Athenian democracy. Solon is often credited as laying the foundation of Athenian democracy.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solon

From my research, Solon was a student in ancient Egypt (Kamit).

However, I have found no evidence that the form of governance in ancient Kamit was "democratic".

Another person often mention in this context is Pericles.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pericles

If we are going to talk about 'Federations' in this discussion here is the OLDEST on record.
http://www.moorsgate.com/2008/07/09...elestial-ship-of-the-north-and-al-khem-muria/

The origin of democracy has its roots in the matriarchal Kingdoms of the Sibyls:

"...Their advanced style of government would be known in modern times as the "Lycian Confederacy," and centuries later in the New World become the inspiration for Alexander Hamilton, John Jay and james Madison to praise them as an "excellent Conderate Republic.

In an ironic twist of historical events, in the formation of America's democracy, though the African themselves were enslaved, they employed this matriarchal African model of government as the "perfect model of demoracy" when writing the Declaration of Independence..." -- page 40, "The Sibyls by Vivian Hunter-Hindrew.

More proof of the Lycian Confederacy in the 'making of American Democracy'.

PS This is why it is said that we have been hand fed back a diluted version of what we originally created as it relates to religion, politics and cultural wisdom.

1:heart:

A confederacy is different from a democracy. Both are different from a federation.

Democracy involves people. Confederacies and federal governments concern States.

Confederate and federal governments are different from a national government.

I provided a 'specific' well-researched reference to Destee's question...and your point is?

A confederacy is different from a democracy. Both are different from a federation.

Democracy involves people. Confederacies and federal governments concern States.

Confederate and federal governments are different from a national government.

My point is not to conflate forms of government as to its members or organization.

Distinctions are important.

Yes, distinctions are important but you do not seem to recognize that some of the examples provided are distinct from the cultural and ideological framework you are employing as you define democracy from a western European standpoint.

The Maa Federation was an Afrikan form of democracy predating the Athenians and Greeks, and it was their progenitors who introduced this structure of governance dating back at least to Shoshenq.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back