Black People Politics : What is the origin of Democracy - who was it first conceived by?

I sought to speak of lawgivers in general. Draco was a lawgiver.

I hear you. However, I always try to keep my POV in context of the questions posed within the thread OP, which in THIS context, is specific to "what is the origin of democracy-and who was it first conceived by".

peace!

I hear you. However, I always try to keep my POV in context of the questions posed within the thread OP, which in THIS context, is specific to "what is the origin of democracy-and who was it first conceived by".

peace!

My POV is that historical and antecedent data that has connection to the context is relevant.

It brings out more of the facets of the data that would other wise go unnoticed.

Athenian democracy came about after the reforms of Solon through repealing all of the Laws of Draco .... except homicide.

And the only reason the reforms happened was because Solon was given special authority due to the economic crisis and possible social collapse of Athens at that time.

Can't make any revenue or accrue benefits when the gravy train stops.

When I was speaking on Modern Democracy in Africa as being bad here is a example

Angola
3 major political parties
3 major ethnic group dominate the country
All 3 had some form of state pre-colonial
FLNA- Kongo Kingdom
MPLA- Ndongo
UNITA -Kingdom of Benguela

All these state were in the modern day territory of Angola

1.MPLA- Kimbundu (Kimbundu are from central Angola mainly in the Province of Malange
2.UNITA- Ovimbundu (Ovimbundu's are mostly from Benguela in the south)
3.FLNA Bakongo (Bakongo's mostly in the Northern regions near Congo

Now these 3 groups who look at themselves differently have been fighting to rule themselves or the country for about 500 years including the Angola civil war and throughout Pre-colonial history. Now interject democracy, these same groups will play the democracy game and form political parties but it will be the same fighting for power (in the name of a political party). In Zambia it's the Bembas(PF) versus the Tongas(UNDP) in Kenya it's the Kikuyus vs _____. Why you think the western media shun Nationalist politics in African countries mainly because it cures tribalism atleast temporarily.

I think Africa had more of a Heterarchy system of governance, but its own organic form of democracy

The origin of democracy has its roots in the matriarchal Kingdoms of the Sibyls:

"...Their advanced style of government would be known in modern times as the "Lycian Confederacy," and centuries later in the New World become the inspiration for Alexander Hamilton, John Jay and james Madison to praise them as an "excellent Confederate Republic.

In an ironic twist of historical events, in the formation of America's democracy, though the African themselves were enslaved, they employed this matriarchal African model of government as the "perfect model of democracy" when writing the Declaration of Independence..." -- page 40, "The Sibyls by Vivian Hunter-Hindrew.

More proof of the Lycian Confederacy in the 'making of American Democracy'.

PS This is why it is said that we have been hand fed back a diluted version of what we originally created as it relates to religion, politics and cultural wisdom.

1:heart:

Peace and Blessings Family,

FutureVerse prompted this thread by posting the following in the Ghana Election Thread :

I then had the following questions / comments :

Why do you think this modern democracy in Africa is bad?

Was there a previous form of democracy in Africa, that was good?

The idea that WESTERN democracy is different from democracy in general is interesting.

But bigger than even the above, i'd like to know what is the origin of democracy, who was it conceived by?

In my mind when i hear democracy i think of a european concept, but is that true?

Were europeans the first to conceive the concept of democracy, or should another people be credited for it?

Looking forward to this discussion.

Thanks in advance Family.

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

Peace and Blessings Family,

FutureVerse prompted this thread by posting the following in the Ghana Election Thread :

I then had the following questions / comments :

Why do you think this modern democracy in Africa is bad?

Was there a previous form of democracy in Africa, that was good?

The idea that WESTERN democracy is different from democracy in general is interesting.

But bigger than even the above, i'd like to know what is the origin of democracy, who was it conceived by?

In my mind when i hear democracy i think of a european concept, but is that true?

Were europeans the first to conceive the concept of democracy, or should another people be credited for it?

Looking forward to this discussion.

Thanks in advance Family.

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

peace

This type of 'democracy' that Europeans claim to practice is nothing more than a corrupted version of what our red brothers and sisters called 'Indian Liberty'. they copied it back in the 1700's and perverted it, to what it is today, A sham.

Some of the europeans tried to incorporate it into their backwards and savage ways to bring about some type of civilized society, but to no avail. Thomas Paine is one such european who spent time some tribes (mostly the Iraquois, i think) and was the main thief though we are taught that he wanted slavery abolished and screamed on Britain for their wicked ways which actually started the Revolutionary war....On the 4th of july he marched in a parade in Albany with copies of the Declaration on Indepence that he gave out to the crowd and while waving a flag with the GODDESS OF LIBERTY on it....

So guess where he also got the frame work for the Declaration of Indepence from and Constitution??

449px-Writing_the_Declaration_of_Independence_1776_cph.3g09904.jpg

That's right, you guessed it....The IRoquois! The Iroquois, at that time were known as "the iroquois CONFEDERACY, or the league of peace and power which consisted of 5 nations originally, then later a 6th was added. But, collectively known as the Iroquois Nation...All of this was formed long before any invaders known as europeans were anywhere on the set yet....

Iroquois_5_Nation_Map_c1650.png

Ben Franklin & George Washington even acknowledge their debt to the Iroquois, mainly and other Native tribes, unspecically. They actually had so much respect for the Iraquois that they modeled america after their guidelines for a civilized society....The only problem is that the european was not and still is not ready for civilization as a whole....

THis brings us to THE BOSTON TEA PARTY and why those WHITE BOYS dressed up as INDIANS, trying to have them blamed for it. When it was really WHITE BOYS who boarded the boat looking for PRINCE HALLS CHARTER which was being sent to PRINCE HALL from the grand lodge in England, but i've gone too far.....

bostonteaparty.jpg

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back