Black Relationships : What is the meaning of a Relationship?

never have i seen a relationship to be an excuse but a building block
to a long term commitment with intents and how it can be through marriage
happy i never had to visit this advantage type .
But you know i feel where you coming from on that which both is a mixture
to a start friendship is the first line to move past being taken advantage of .

Kente417mojo… You made some good points thank you for sharing…

Rich loving ya answer……I can also agree with you as well…

I do believe a relationship should be 50/50 at times one will pull the weight but you work together and it should all even out. The communication is a big part of a loving and respectful healthy relationship as well…I believe mates should compliment each other….and yes indeed the finance…I read somewhere that a lot of marriage end bad because of finance....the fussing and fighting over money ….I guess that could be a stress on the one mate more then the other….actions always have spoken louder then words….But if your heart and mind is in it and the commutation that is a start of something good...hmmm think i was rambling....

Pan I am with you on this….I believe it is not unrealistic for a 50/50 to take part in a relationship as it should be…but you also have to look at a lot of ppl have lost the meaning along with morals of what a good relationship is…

We may have not grown up or lived in Africa but the questions still remains
Do you think their relationships are better and are filled with
more important values than the relationship we pick for ourselves?

Do you think they compliment their mates, because they are pick?

What do you think the meaning of relationship is to them, since mates are pick?

Thank you for all your replies....

Peace
Angel

A relationship should be 50/50, but many times it is not. People do not realize the seriousness of commiting to one person. You're joining your whole life to someone, not just the parts you think they should see. Most people cannot get over the selfishness of "me, me, me." When in a relationship, it's not jst abnout "you" anymore.

Some people think that having parents arrange marriages is still ideal because who knows you better than your parents, right? Some cultures that emphazie arranged marriages do not marry people for love.. they do it for money, security, well-being... Love and respect come in time. Many people felt this way for many years, and some still do.

For many reasons, I believe the families of the 2 parties should meet and greet LONG before the big day. You have to know how someone will act around your family, and vice versa. How can you hate the family you are marrying into?

Now, there is nothing wrong with friends.... but serious, commited relationships should be reserved for marriage-minded people, people who plan to merge their lives and remain together until death parts them.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back