Black People : What Is The Importance Of What We Post Here To Blacks In General?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by chuck, Sep 9, 2010.

1. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,531
    I feel and think that we're not keeping our comments etc. focused on what concerns and worries them:

What concerns and worries us is just a part of the mix...

:10500:

2. Enki

Enki The Evolved Amphibian STAFF

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    Getting back to unity concerns me among other things,IMO this is a start because I see love and mutual respect of this board. I've been on many black boards where this was not and is not the case. Also I'm here for enlightenment, and I'm getting that here. Our people is under a multi-pronged attack and Many things have to be worked on at the same time. We also need knowledge about self, and I see an abundance of that here. I think getting back to black unity is most important because without that,nothing else is achievable.

Peace!

3. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    mostly everything i add speaks of a desire to brotherhood/sisterhood and bring us to
    a place where we are not divided .....Because unity is far and beyond there are so many
    steps to take before we reach that place , but my concern is us as a whole as a people .

4. Nameless

Nameless Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +110

why don't you worry about what concerns and worries you?

U stick to the "us" or "them" syndrome

Personally, I really don't care what "concerns and worries you", because I actually don't live in the reality of "fear"

with all due respect, self perceived elder, you "act" in the way of a "child",
    you plant ur little "questions" just to see what we "know"

go to New Orleans, stomp thru the five boroughs of NYC, stop thru MLK blvd in ATL, check LA, LBC and South Central, Go to Philly, Oaktown, Newark

and you can see "what" concerns ME

and when u go take that "arrogance" with u and c how far u get

you always talk about "keeping it real", perhaps u should follow that advice

peace

5. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,531
    First of all:

I have always found it intelligent etc. to just choose to apply a listen and learn approach, i. e., until I get to know who the other posters are and/or what they're trying to accomplish for themselves and their various peoples, here/there/everywhere...

Second of all?

Yes, the ongoing plight of me and mine, here in Metro Detroit and Detroit, etc., does motivate my words etc., but I realized and recognized southeastern michigan is just a part of this nation's mix, etc., a loong time ago...

It's just that nobody can be all things to all people, and all any of the rest of us can do is to hope and pray you find others, who can and will aid your continuing plagued New Orleans folk and/or your city's rebuilding efforts...

Good luck!

:em0200:

6. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    Thank you, there is too much worrying about what other folks do or say,
    and that has gone on for over a year now.

those decisions should are made by the management

7. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    I cannot determine what the importance or significance of my actions are on this site but I do come for several reasons: networkiing and sharing information. I admit I also come at times for a good argument and to pick some brains on my time off from work. Its what another brother once described to me as "metal testing metal".

I used to be active on other sites such as blackplanet and aol black voices and first learned about this site from an earlier forum (afrochat or afronet i dont recall).

8. Enki

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928

This is your importance and I for one depend on it from you and the other intelligent people on this board. I believe everybody know something that is useful.

No one is a compendium of knowledge.

Peace!

9. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,531
    Good evening, posters...

And most (if not all) that some of you have responded with is on point/on time...

But, on the other hand, other things I did not and do not just brush aside or am I into denial, i. e., as regards what one did and does dare to allege and imply about my intent and purpose here, etc.

Though, also it is the one or the other's reaction which is also kinda sorta revealing, as regards why some folks best efforts were and are being undermined etc.

As in:

There are those individuals who are far more interested when it comes to merely dissing an alleged rival and/or merely winning an argument etc.

I. e., when it comes to us of the male gender, too oftentimes we continue to have ego issues/problems/etc, we say and write things which may well impress people who agree with us, though can't hold our own with those who don't, which reflects how some just front/don't realize or recognize what they come to truly represent...

Simply put:

Agree or disagree with me?

No biggie...

Undermine the process it did and does take for anybody striving and trying to make a difference?

Then that person or persons isn't just making noise (and not a lot of sense):

Also they're wasting our time etc.

In terms of those just making noise (rather than making a difference):

It also reveals a lack of seriousness about it all

Need I say or write more than that?

'Nuff said...

Word/truth...

Peace, out!

:10200:

10. Enki

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    I agree,you have those that if you make 9 out of 10 good points,they will harp on and lose sleep over that one bad point instead of trying to understand the gist of what you are trying to say. Many times that one point is small and insignificant when compared to the rest of your points.

IMO,when people constantly do that,they are not looking for common ground to agree on,they strictly want to debate for the chance to be argumentative and confrontational.

And if you misunderstood someone,it takes nothing from you to say "I misunderstood,my apologies", and continue on.

Peace!