Black Spirituality Religion : What is the Goal of Religion / Spirituality ?

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Destee, Dec 14, 2006.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Peace and Blessings Family,

What is the ultimate goal and/or purpose of Religion / Spirituality?

Thanks in advance.

:heart:

Destee

2. Music Producer

Music Producer Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +94
    To rid the earth of evil people that rule by fear, mayhem and destruction (Rod of Iron) to create a pure earth of people that are more mentally conscious of the One Supreme GOD who created it. This type of consciousness raises respect, love and awareness of self and the value of life and living.

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Brother Music Producer ... surely in the beginning, there wasn't an earth full of evil people, yet Religion / Spirituality existed?

So that can't be its ultimate purpose, can it? You're suggesting it was given to counter problems that did not exist?

In addition, with so many claiming to be Religious / Spiritual ... and the world is so full of evil ... if that is its ultimate goal and purpose ... it appears to be failing miserably. Those most knowledgeable, most enlightened ... are often the most intolerant and self-absorbed ... willing to sacrifice peace, love, and respect ... to prove they are right and others are wrong. More than a few people have been killed, mistreated, maligned, etc., in the name and defense of Religion / Spirituality.

So, i'm having trouble believing this is its ultimate goal and purpose, as the evidence doesn't support its ability to deliver.

If that is the ultimate purpose and goal ... it's really missing the mark ... by leaps and bounds.

Thanks for sharing.

Destee

4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Thinking a little bit more on this ... all other things given to us by God, meet their goal easily, like nothing else can.

The sun warms us. The water quenches our thirst. All living things, do as they should (for the most part), in a natural order.

Yet Spirituality / Religion can't seem to do what it was designed to do ... or is it doing that?

That's the question.

What is its ultimate goal and purpose, and is it meeting that goal?

Since all other things God created, meet their goal, i can't help but wonder if this, Religion / Spirituality, is God's doing?

I realize that's another whole discussion ... just thinking out loud ... which you're welcome to do as well.

Destee

5. robboy2003

robboy2003 Well-Known Member MEMBER

To bring strength and a calming influence,and to s
    Ratings:
    +5
    I think spirituality is the essence of a person. It is what is really at the soul,if you will of what is made of that person from his or her living experiences.

The goal of my spirituality is to be the best that i can be with my Black brothers and sisters. That can be a multitude of things namely identifying what i can give or bring back for my people. I work inside out, family, community, helping as many Black folks as i can. I am my brothers, or sisters keepers.

Sharing, could be a good summation in what spirituality means to me,and being true to myself and the three ego's but not being overwhelmed by them.

I strive to be balanced,and i needn't have to quote them.

Personally, I'm still searching for religion. I'm disenchanted with Christianity,and I'm leery of Islam. I do find the Hindu religion fascinating,and would love to explore it.

I don't know what the goal of religion is,but i refuse to be put in a box because everyone else is doing this or that.

I take what is good and discard the bad. "The art of War"

Peace! Be Blessed!

Love her constantly, consistently,and with concern!

6. Music Producer

Music Producer Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +94
    In that time it was Demigods, Sons of GOD in the physical that influenced evil upon man to war and fight continually for those gods and to forget GOD. But GOD chose a select few to correct the earth of this sin / pollution.

Gen:6:2: That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

Gen:6:4: There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

Yes.

Evil or Adversarial forces are apart of the act of Creation; it is a nature of Human existence. GOD works on the strengthening of our resistance to that evil influence.

When GOD Acts you are talking about a complete redefining of life as we know it. Do not desire the day because it will not be pretty. GOD is long suffering and patient with HIS Children. HE does not desire only to destroy but gives Humans ample time to discover HIS Glory before unleashing the scourge.

Isa:66:16: For by fire and by his sword will the LORD plead with all flesh: and the slain of the LORD shall be many.

Jer:25:33: And the slain of the LORD shall be at that day from one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth: they shall not be lamented, neither gathered, nor buried; they shall be dung upon the ground.

The purification of the evil influence will be a terrible event but not until all of us have been warned of GOD.

That usually is the case in a battle between the knowledge of good and evil. Evil will do all it can to survive; it is the nature of the beast within us all.

2Tm:4:3: For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
    4: And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

Be patient and don’t desire that day……..

Amos:5:
    17: And in all vineyards shall be wailing: for I will pass through thee, saith the LORD.
    18: Woe unto you that desire the day of the LORD! to what end is it for you? the day of the LORD is darkness, and not light.
    19: As if a man did flee from a lion, and a bear met him; or went into the house, and leaned his hand on the wall, and a serpent bit him.
    20: Shall not the day of the LORD be darkness, and not light? even very dark, and no brightness in it?

Don’t desire the day, have hope that we can work it out and the Children of Israel / True Messiah will be successful in Peace.

7. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    (Firstly, I truly think that these are two seperate things:

"Spirituality" is a 4x4 with a clutch; "religion" is a "4x4" with an automatic transmission, aka a "4WD". ("4x4" means "four speed manual transmission x four wheel drive". That manual transmission offers better control than that automatic.)

"Spirituality" is that which allows all of Life to recognize that ALL of Life is, indeed, Life, and, as such, is relatively "equivalent", (Bleeds (blood/sap), influences and responds to it's environment (volition/[over]growth), breathes, propagates.); "religion" is that which seeks to "elevate" "man" above the Natural Spiritual Realm.

"Spirituality" is the "You ARE the Axe of Knowledge"; "religion" is "you better ask somebody for knowledge".)

The "goal" of "Spirituality" is simply to BE; the "goal" of "religion" is to instill a "belief" in the "authority" over one of a "higher power/authority".

The "purpose" of "Spirituality" is to allow for the "Connectiveness of ALL Things": the "purpose" of "religion" is as any "WMD": the distraction/seperation of ALL Things into bite size, easily "divisible and conquerable" bits.

"Religion" is/could be/should be a "stepping stone" to "Spirituality". Instead, most seem to be content to "Bask in the LIGHT of the SON" at the "Door to My Father's HOUSE", rather than to "high five" Brother Jesus and step on in and check out all the "Mansions" . (One truly can live in the "Grace of God" while living; it is not some[thing/place] that one can only get to after one dies.)

RA! <grin>
    "Spirituality" is "God's doing" and does meet it's goal; "religion" is not and does not.

(Once one has embraced, understood and Lives the scriptures, one can say all of those things in one's own words. Until such time as one is able to "say it in one's own words" (remember that bit in grade/jr high school "language arts"?), one hasn't really embraced what one is reading.

8. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    their is no goal for spirituality..........Spirituality just simply is!!

there are many DEGREES of it - the ? should be which one are we on!!!!

whites have even admitted that they have no spirit, once they called our MUSIC ..........SOUL MUSIC!! SOUL/SPIRIT are interchangeable.....like Y/I in the english language!

The goal of Religion is to keep the mind trapped and divided against others of unlike religions.......so that massa can go about his business!!

Like you putting a child in front of the tv so you can clean the house without being interrupted!

Religion really does not even exist, it is a figment of the imagination of Man-kind............

9. Moorfius

Moorfius Well-Known Member MEMBER

Self Employed
    Ratings:
    +27
    What is the Purpose of this Life and the Future?

Hotep

We must understand sooner than later that to understand any thing meaningful, pure and true...we must understand ware we are as well as ware "We" came from before we can understand what we must do before we can get to ware we must go "Spirituly".
    We find our selves today "Confused" and totaly lost in the euro-mind set that tells us that G-d is a "He"... that the woman has no place in the socalled "Holy Trinity" and that we must go through a socalled Son that never existed to reach our socalled Goal ... under these euro-concoctions it is impossible to reach ... so we live our lives in fear, ignorance and servatude to a false worship and die never knowing a thing no matter how devoted to those things that are only ment to make us good servents to the system of white superimacy and nothing else.
    To mix what we think we know with the real "Truth" will only cause us to continue to fale ... because this is all we know because this is all we have been mis-educated and indoctrinated in and has gotten us noware and will continue to keep us stagnate because that is what it is ment to do...there is no saving socalled grace in any of it as we only continue to suffer in it and die ignorant to our "Spirituality" while only being lost in our euro-religius "Myths". Most of us are soo convenced that we just have to be correct and right because our mis-guided elders under "Slavery" told us so ... that we can't hear our Creator and do not know how to listen or hear because we have become soo deaf, blinded and dumb with abject false "Religions" and "Spookism" that we call it the way.
    There is hope for those who are "Ready" and they know who they are. The "Truth" ... "Right-Knowlege" is "Not" up for debate as only the fool would think ... but "Religion is". The way is clear once it is found ... but you must find it and stay to it for success. "We" must start ware we (Ancistors) left off...before the socalled whites invaded the "Holy-Land" ware the way was and still is known but hidden away from the western mind set that does not and will not see what all ways have been but only lost to those (socalled Africans) who have been bought, sold and spoiled into Slavery and then made ignorant to the "Knowlege of Self ". Let it be known for now and always...that you are Spirituality and not Religion! They are not one and the same and have no conection except in the illusions that only the "Lost" find them self in...thinking that they will find anything truthful or even solid in the system of white superimacy that is commonly called "Religion".
    Once again...with out knowing the true history of (African) hue-man and (europian) man-kind enteractions ... it will be absolutely impossible to ever see the way clear to the Spirituality you were born in...The Goal is to "Wake Up" and "Know Your Self ". There are no short cuts ... but only Slavery...Suffering...Ignorance and Death with out knowing your self "First".

Ase`

10. nibs

nibs Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +22
    religion and spirituality are different. both are important.

"spirit" is an additional dimension to existence. a dimension that can be experienced and known. one's being is enhanced by understanding their complete nature. the material is only a part. material + spiritual is a more complete representation. many spiritual practices are rooted in strengthening, communicating with, nurturing & preserving spirit.

religion is the framework of a society. it embodies the spiritual teachings and understanding of the community; including the understanding of the creator and creation of the universe. religion allows humans to act harminously and synchronized; and synchronization activates and builds on the collective consciousness/thought of a community. there is power in collective consciousness. their is power in collective thought. many rituals in religions are meant to activate that power.

every community need not have the same religion. it isn't necessary. however key spiritual principles, which reflect known truths, should be preserved.

most modern "religions" have failed; and have essentially degraded into superstition. people are scared, hope that they have the correct doctrine or intellectual understanding of a doctrine; and generally feel lost, spiritually.

"religion" should deliver results and people should be able to verify the effectiveness of these results. instead, modern religions provide empty promises and false hopes.