Nation of Gods and Earths : What is the evidence for the 5, 10 and 85 Percentages?

Discussion in 'Nation of Gods and Earths Study Group' started by Onyemobi, Jan 26, 2010.

1. Onyemobi

Onyemobi Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Artist
    Ratings:
    +223
    Peace. I've done alot of reading about the Nation of Gods and Earths for some time now. I am aware that the concept of the 5,10, and 85% was first concieved in the Moorish Science Temple, passed onto the Nation of Islam, and taken to a whole new level with the Nation of Gods and Earths. While I do agree with the categories, I have always been curious as to where the numbers came from. Now in nature, I understand that things tend to follow a bell curve, such as the one shown below:

[​IMG]

If the Nation is based off proper science, shouldn't the percentages used by them fit into a bell curve? Shouldn't there be an equal number of enlightened people trying to help and enlightened people trying to mislead the masses?

2. KnowledgeBorn

KnowledgeBorn Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Not exactly. Being a mathematician I know a little about the bell curve, while a lot of things in nature and even in human activities follow the bell curve not all humans or even their belief systems follow this curve.

The percentages that come from the nation are right and exact. They come from proof and truth. About 85% continue to believe in a mystery god. About 10% continue to teach this lie even though they know who the true and living god is. And about 5% know who the true and living god is and teach others who the true and living god is.

Each one of these percentages, aside from the 85%, comes with some sort of responsibility or teaching and this maybe where the percentages fall off of the bell curve. Not only do you have to know who the true and living god is, but you have to teach that to the uncivilized to be 5%.

Peace,
    Knowledge Born

3. KnowledgeBorn

KnowledgeBorn Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Also, the book argues that those with high intelligence, which it called the "cognitive elite", are becoming separated from the general population of those with average and below-average intelligence and that this is a dangerous social trend. Much of the controversy concerns Chapters 13 and 14, in which the authors wrote about the enduring racial differences in intelligence and discuss implications of those differences.

This is a excert from a book called the bell curve. I included the part about the racial implications for general knowledge. I have not read the book and from the excert on wikipedia it sounds as if the author is trying to justify the racial difference in IQ scores. I hardly agree. I do agree with the first part of the excert, however, statinf the gap is getting bigger between intelligence. Hence, the 85% and the 5%.

On a whole the nation percentanges support this fact. The nation continues to show and prove.

Peace,
    Knowledge Born

4. Precise Allah

Precise Allah Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Peacemaker
    Ratings:
    +759
    Peace,

The simplest answer would be not to take the numbers listed on face value. To the uninitiated it might appear that these numbers are referring to a numerical quantity. In actuality the numbers refer to a Supreme Mathematical quality as has been already stated. So 85% doesn't necessarily refer to a quantity of people, it more accurately refers to a type of person. 85, 10 and 5% are specified in our curriculum in the "Lost-Found Muslim Lesson #2" (better know in our nation as the 1-40) in the 14th, 15th, and 16th degrees.

@Knowledge Born

Please add on to our Introduction thread in the NGE section. Let us know more about who you are and you can learn some things about the people who add on here as well.

Peace
    Precise Infinite Peace Allah