Black Spirituality Religion : what is the difference between religion and spirituality

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by 04rskyers, Sep 8, 2010.

1. 04rskyers

04rskyers Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    I got told that religion and spirituality aren't the same thing,
    and i'm quite lost
    could someone explain it to me
    i will be very thankful

2. gogounited

gogounited Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +358
    My limited understanding is that religion is something which comes from and is taught from without--it is experienced.

Spirituality is something taught from within and is insperienced.

3. Nameless

Nameless Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +110
    ok Teacha, I'll take the "test"

In essence they are the same thing. One is a matter of heaven (spirituality), and one is a matter of hell (Earth)

religion means to "bind to", it is created by man in his limited understanding of the God Force

It's "origin" is lust and thirst for "power", as historical it is the direct result of witchcraft, and paganism, and also the "worship of nature"

worship is to care and cultivate for, however, man has interpreted this as to "rule" over

Good "people" are taking advantage of through religion

Even deeper spirituality in essence is the realization that heaven and earth are one and the same, same as angel/devil

Spiritual Teachas have always taught that Heaven is spread all across the so called Earth, but and untrained (I) can not see it

If you chose to detach from you physical "vehicle" and seek to control subjects and objects of hell, then one would be come subject of karma

The spiritual world is even an arena of a "food chain", a spiritual "food chain"

everyone wants to rule heaven and earth, as if there is not more

when the thirst for "power" ceases, AWARENESS, can be met

so really they are exactly the same thing, the powers that control this season, shall pass

like heaven and earth

GOD is already walking the earth, and already formless in the spiritual world

It is the essence of this sharp mind that rejects the world

and reject is not negative, because this is the "mercy" placed on all of existence

Power to create destruction, doesn't mean that you have to participate in it

religion and spirituality both seek God as if GOD is lost, as if that were even possible

4. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    'Depends whom you ask.

Even in Christianity, a so-called "religion," there are many who are Bible believers but who do not adhere to any specific "religious" denomination/sect.

"Religion" can be a "pathway" to "spirituality."

For me, my "religion" is my Faith, my belief, a foundation for my "spirituality."

And, my "spirituality" is also my relationship with God.

5. MS234

MS234 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,900
    Don't be lost. This is not a complicated thing.

Religion is a human concept. Spirit is the soul for ALL life. Religion has the right idea, that one should follow certain rules for a better "karma" if you may. What's lost is religion attempts to keep you in a childlike state.

The Universe is a spirit. You are a part of the universe, therefore you are spiritual.

Spirit is like the air you/we breathe to stay alive, it doesn't need words to thrive/survive. Religion can't exist without words. 1 million years from now these religions won't exist, but spirit will. That's the difference.

Take it a step further. What religion do dogs, cats and birds practice?

Also I saw where mentioned duality. Try not to look at duality as separation, but more as a means of balance.

Religion looks to separate us from the universe. Spirituality looks to embrace the universe.

6. Nameless

Nameless Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +110

But we would also have to come to the realization that "life" is also a part of the illusion in this time

religion is the subject of "man"

spirit is the subject of "karma"

once something is, it can not be made to not be

it can be transformed, into one form or another, but it won't cease to exist

dogs, cats and birds practice the patterns of nature

religion can't exist without words, but spirituality can't exist without darkness

darkness is soul, and soul exists outside of linear time and space

even the "spiritual realm" has an expiration date

the reason "religion" is a rejected "concept" is because "self governance" is undefined in it's manifestation

spirituality seeks to contain the universe, but the universe is infinite in it's possibilities

Spirit is like air, and air mimics the nature of the God Force, but is not the Force itself

Being that air can be "contaminated and GOD can not, even the "air" is faulty

It is the "vehicle" that is responsible for it's preservation

in understanding this take the "concept" of cigarettes, for example

in one perception cigarettes is the cause of cancer

in another

smoking thins the blood and makes one more susceptible to cancer

now the argument is this:

some people that never smoke a day in their life die of cancer

it is that the elements that form that particular body, is clearly the "intent" of the disease itself

see these facts go into the compartment labeled "bull****" in my brain

so when I inhale, I only seek to inhale GOD'S consciousness which is in the substance of the air, but is not the air itself

so in essence GOD is not a "physical bloodline", so much for drinking blood (sarcasm), but more so an ability to inhale into the blood of the vehicle

the idea of "religion" is to provide a "path" to the ONE GOD

all on this path will reach the destination

the nature of God's people is to seek God, by whatever means, but once God is realized, lies have to be corrected and discarded

everyone has the right to "live" their own prophecies, God willing

and everyone has the right to BE

when mass murder is produced from that which is meant to be good, one really has to look at the whole picture, and move beyond the constraints of space and time, heaven and earth included in the transcending

7. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486

Peace

Religion is man made for selfish purposes. ....and is only kept alive by wars and rumors of more wars......

Spirituality is a peaceful way of life in tune with the first law of the universe, forever trying to obtain the next degree. ..

Hence, the introductin of religion is where we got lost...

8. Amnat77

Amnat77 Well-Known Member MEMBER

professional.
    Ratings:
    +2,622
    Religion is the bastard child of spirituality.:10500:

9. Nameless

Nameless Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +110

next stop "promise land"

but first, the best thing we can "do" for "us" is

BE OUR REAL SELVES!!!!!!!

ya know, no costumes

10. Nameless

Nameless Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +110

that is poetically correct, but thank God for M.O.M (mind over matter)