Black Spirituality Religion : What is The Definitive difference between the MIND and the SPIRIT???

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Eric Bell, May 17, 2006.

1. Eric Bell

Eric Bell Active Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    I am having difficulties differentiating between the MIND and the SPIRIT.

Can anyone please clarify the difference between the two???

Peace!!!

2. uplift19

uplift19 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +12
    It depends on what you think "spirit" is....I think they are one in the same.

The brain houses the mind, which is your essence.

3. Slowly

Slowly Well-Known Member MEMBER

electronic technician
    Ratings:
    +8
    Every living thing has spirit. You, me, and a tree all has spirit. But not every living thing has a mind. A mind is an extention of the human spirit. Memory, reasoning, likes, dislikes, emotion, are all contained in human spirit. Spirit can best be described as the part of anything that needs food and water to survive.

4. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    Kemetic theology makes a clear differentiation between the Mind (AB) and the Spirit (KHA).

The Mind is the Consciousness, that controls and sustains the Eternal Vibration of the Spirit.

PEACE

5. tcr1223

tcr1223 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    the mind is the brain and heart which is controled by the flesh, and are both wicked
    the spirit the innermost part of us , where the holy spirit lives after we get saved

but that just what i think

6. uplift19

Ratings:
    +12
    Trees don't need food to survive last time I checked. So you don't think birds, dogs, fish, etc. have minds? They do have some memory and reasoning functions, although they may be more limited than ours.

7. uplift19

Ratings:
    +12
    That would be like saying that blood and veins are one in the same. The brain is a physical body part, and can be seen (i.e. gray matter), but it "houses" something. The energy contained therin is the mind.

So you think your mind is wicked??? :confused:

8. uplift19

Ratings:
    +12
    I've seen Ab referred to as the part of the spirit that houses conscience and will. I do not think you can rightly separate the two.

9. Sefirot

Sefirot Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Teacher
    Ratings:
    +14
    For me, one of the most intriguing aspects of Life is how Reality Above is the same as That Below. And then taking into account the infinite “Aboves” and “Belows,” the wonders are equally boundless.

As I am taught, The Spirit-Nefesh or Akh-is the Source of the Mental Plane. As it relates to “below” in the human body, it manifests in the blood and acts as the spark of The Soul/Life producing Light (Aura). These sparks trigger the Mind which lends itself to our bodies by way of our Etheric chord.

The Soul-Ruwh or Ba-is the Breath of Life, the wind inhaled by our noses (our personal pyramids) which is then ignited in the Solar Plexus (our personal Suns). It is the “messenger” providing information/experience to being-both conscious and subconscious. Clearly, the two have often been mistranslated throughout multiple texts. As a note, whites have no Soul. They only have Spirit.

In the case of Mind, recall a dream you had where in you had numerous conversations with people. Then recall, if applicable, the moment the dream became lucid. That “moment of clarity” when you realized it was in your “mind” from which all of these events and conversations were emanating-even the words exiting the mouths of the characters in the dream.

Despite this less than formidable example, ALL is MIND. We are in The MIND of ALL. Therefore, there is obviously no viable definition as such. ALL is thinking of us, granted that we haven’t become rogue thoughts. In which case we should really question who is now doing the thinking (of perverse sex, violence, lying, stealing… base thoughts). The Sun’s light is a translation of these thoughts. So, we are essentially becoming comfortable in “a dream from which we can’t awaken,” as Morfius said in The Matrix.

As a point of reference, there is a story about a God who decided to experience the life of one of Its thoughts of a pig as a pig. So the God transferred Its consciousness into the animal. But in this experience as a pig, The Being soon forgot that it was a God. Its fellow Gods attempted numerous times to awaken the God within the pig, but the pig became ignorant and ignored these messages, preferring instead to wallow in the mud. So one day the Gods decided that the only way to awaken their fellow was to “kill” the pig. Once the God “came to,” The Brethren were thanked for helping in the awakening.

So that’s where we are. As per Yashua, "I have said you are Gods, and all of you are children of The Most High (Psalms 82; 6)." ALL consciousness has been transferred into us, and now we are trying to awaken to this realization (not merely to the fact). That’s why anything is possible when this Ultimate Truth/Reality is reached. Even when Yashua was asked to change the water into wine, He was like “that’s a simple and base request” (Black folk, lol). But he did it anyway with but a thought. If you’ve ever had a lucid dream, you know that the possibilities are infinite. But until you reach that point, your experience (as this is no mere inconsequential dream by any means) is dictated by the thoughts of others in your “dream.” Particularly the percentage that is aware or so called illuminated.

Anyway, that’s the two in a very incomplete, shallow “nut shell.” ALL is Mind. ALL is SPIRIT. They are different attempts to express the inexpressible in different contexts.

For the sake of my inescapably inadequate explanation: Think of the words “too” and “two.”

Too= In addition; also
    Two= The cardinal number equal to the sum of 1 + 1 (addition); the second “one” in a set or sequence.

Again, two different attempts to express the same concept, just in varying contexts.

For a more thorough (yet still incomplete) explanation of the different Planes of Correspondence (Physical, Mental, Spiritual) http://www.thenazareneway.com/kybalion.htm

10. I-khan

I-khan Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +47
    Question for Sefirot,

Are those the actual teachings of the Essenes,how accurate are they,they are very interesting and before I indulge myself into them I would rather ask someone who may know about them.