Black Women : What is the def. of Black woman when it comes to Beauty?

Sister, you are as beautiful as you are black regardless of what your so-called friend or anyone else says. The last place you should look for a definition of beauty is on videos. YOUR definition of beauty should be what you find beautiful about yourself. It has nothing to do with what other people think. Don't EVER let anyone tell you what you aren't. As the other brothers and sisters said before, everyone defines beauty differently depending on their preferences, but only what you feel about yourself deep within really matters.

My advice

Different people (female and male) have different standards for who they find attractive. It is fruitless and completely unnecessary to allow yourself to be defined by beauty myths. I myself am both weary and wary of men who speak or allude to much to a woman's looks. Mine or anyone else's. As much as a compliment doesn't hurt...I don't like women (or men) treated as specimens for men's (or women's) viewing pleasure.

Where I'm from, growing up, people of mixed race (black and white) - we call them point fives (0.5) - were considered the most beautiful. Later it became light skinned blacks, then "healthy" or "chubby" ones, and then those who had arabic/swahili blood, then Somalis, then those from the Coast, then thin ones then gosh i've lost track.

Also be wary of men who put you down on the basis of your looks. Or elevate you to god-like status on account of them for that matter. Your looks do not define you and one day down the line you'll look back and wonder what that was all about. You do not need to fit into any Beauty Ideal...there is none.

jamesfrmphilly said:
maybe you should not respect the opinion of some one who prefers Latinas over sisters.

I am black, latina, and a sister! This statement truly comes from a divide and conquer mentality! She said the girl was puerto rican. That is her culture not her race!!!! Her former boyfriend is ignorant and she should be glad that she isn't with him anymore! It appears that the whole "latin" thing is a trend just as light-skinned girls and guys were back in the 80's. If you were dark-skinned in the 90's, you were the **** so until we come to love ourselves and our differences no matter what; this problem is going to always exist. Hell who knows, white girls with ***** might be in next year! :great: :great:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back