Black Relationships : What Is The Dating Scene Like In Your Area?

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by SAMURAI36, Jan 27, 2006.

1. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    I'm posing this question, not only out of general curiosity, but also specifically regarding Chicago.

I'm planning on moving there, for various reasons, one of which is the hope that the dating scene is much more positive than where I currently reside.

I live in NC right now, but I'm a Native NY'er. I find the dating scene in the South for a Black man such as myself leaving much to be desired.

I'd appreciate perpectives from both brothers and sisters.

PEACE

2. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    Stay away from California brotha. It's plain sad out here You'd probably go from bad to worse if you moved out here.

3. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    PEACE KENTE:

Is Cali where you happen to be from, and where you currently reside?

I have taken notice to a level of truth in what you are saying.......I've found the Cali women that I've met in the past, to be very superficial, and even flaky.

Is that what you mean?

4. kente417mojo

Ratings:
    +34
    Yes, exactly. I'm from cali, born out here, raised out here, but determined not to die out here. Cali women are very superficial and out of touch with reality. Everyone thinks life is one big music video or romance novel. It's depressing and funny at the same time, depending on what kind of mood I'm in. Most women I meet nowadays claim to be actresses, dancers, yada yada yada....aspiring this and that. It's pretty shallow out here man, so it's safe to say you wouldn't fit in unless you hung with a particular crowd of people. But that crowd would be small. All the girls wear sunglasses...not on their eyes, but ont he top of their head. WTF is up with that. Poppin gum and dragging their feet.

5. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    LOL!! What age range are these feet-dragging, gum popping women in?

So, what are you gonna do, in finding a queen (assuming that's what you want)? It sounds like the pickings are slim out where you are.

6. kente417mojo

Ratings:
    +34

Well, I'm 29, so I'm pretty much dealing with around 23 to 33 or so. But within that 10 years I see a small difference. Some of these women are late 20's still acting like they're 21 years old. They'd rather prove to you that they can drop it like it's "hot", than cook a "hot" meal. It's crazy. As far as what I'm planning to do, I'm on cruise control man. I'm more than content with living alone and waiting patiently. I have plenty of time to find a woman. There are some good women out here, but it's far and few between. But all of them aren't bad. I won't settle for just any woman that can keep my bed warm. I have to have all my needs met. But I am planning to relocate sometime in the future, though I'm not sure where. Not for the women (even though I hope the quality of women does improve), but mainly for the environment and cost of living. It's too superficial on many levels in Cali, not just the women.

7. MANASIAC

MANASIAC Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Technical Analyst
    Ratings:
    +38
    I know before me and the wife got back together and I called myself slippin into the dating scene here in Minneapolis, Minnesota and I will say the following:

1. I felt at times thatI was the only Black Man in Minneapolis that dated Sisters.

2. I could not pay a Black Female to smile, laugh, shoot, cuss out or barely give me any play. I swear if I looked like Brad Pitt I would have got love from the sisters.

3. I just realized I was not the type for the sisters here, and I politely called back my wife and made amends. These women here made me realize what I was missing.

4. I also purchased and wore a tear shirt that says "White Women please give me some space"

8. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    Wow....I feel for you brothers, I wouldn't want to be single again. Brother Samurai I am originally from Chicago; although, I haven't lived there in 12 years. Certainly the dating scene has changed from the time I left. However black love was still alive when I left. I can also personally testify that a change of environment can work wonders for ones dating prospects....best of luck!

9. MANASIAC

MANASIAC Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Technical Analyst
    Ratings:
    +38
    I have to disagree with the statement about a poor dating scene in the south. I met my wife in the South, and I feel like the South is a great place to meet some real good sisters. However, I am a native of the south so I could have a competitive advantage.

10. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    I'm certainly hoping so. Like brother KENTE, that's not the only reason that I'm moving, but it certainly ranks up there.

I think that the brothers who are already from down here do have a better advantage. However, a more progressive Northern brother like myself sticks out like a sore thumb:

See, this is how I feel down here in the South. I mean, ya'll have seen my pics (check them out in the Family Album section if you haven't), but the Sisters down here will scoff at you, if you are not "sitting on 24's" or wearing a "Zoot Suit" with green gator shoes. :rolleyes:

If you're not the consummate Southern Baptist Old fashioned gentleman, then you can pretty much hang it up down here. There doesn't seem to be in room for appreciation for diversity in Sisters' minds and hearts down here.

I can't tell you how many times I've been dissed, belittled, and outright ignored. They don't talk to you, unless they need/want something from you

However:

Are you really serious, that you had a shirt like that?? LOL!! But in all seriousness, I would like to borrow it sometime. :oops:

If I were the type to chase after Caucus-Asian women, I would be the jiggalo of the year. White women are always smiling at me, trying to find out what's going on in my life, asking me questions about the symbols I wear, trying to cook me food (which I NEVER eat :puke: ), inviting me places, etc.

I really wish the Sisters would do even half of that.:bye: