Black People : What Is Sin?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Al D, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Al D

Al D We become that which we repeatedly do.. PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Retired Business Owner
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +476
    I want to challenge folks to think outside of what they have been taught and to look within themselves and conduct an honest self-evaluation in order to seek truth..We all have been mind washed and conditioned to slide into a prearranged or preformed concept layed out by others.. I'm here to let you know that you can form your own perspective from your natural sense and intuition and that you are not what you have been told you are. As a matter of fact, we are undeniably more. We are all invaluable extensions of a higher source that requires connectivity that will enable us to become much more enlightened and relevant beings.. We can be the conduit through which this source will guide our minds and hearts with understanding, wisdom, knowledge and clarity...I sincerely believe that for us to achieve this we must rid ourselves of the shackles that bind us to mankind's false doctrines of religions and faith and creation theories..
    So my question is; What Is Sin? continue

• Respectful Respectful x 1
    • List
  2. Precise Allah

Precise Allah Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Peacemaker
    Ratings:
    +865
    Peace,

The very notion of sin is within a religious context. Throw away religion and sin with it.

I have a code of ethics and behavior, and if I deviate from that code, then what I receive is Justice..... which is a penalty or reward.

Life is fluid and ever changing. We must adapt to those changes and behave accordingly.

Peace

• List
  3. Al D

United States
    Retired Business Owner
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +476
    Yes, life is ever changing as is the world and everything in it. Whatever the changes, we must still establish and determine our place in it...So far, we are still attempting to do both...Individually and collectively.. I appreciate your words brother and the standard that you have set for yourself.. Peace

4. Lunar Cycle

Lunar Cycle Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +79
    I'm not a deeply religious woman and for the most part I view life as an abstract. But my love for my Lord GOD is palpable. I feel it all around me and like any human I sin. If I sin before another human I offer them recompense, if I sin before my Lord GOD I pray for his absolution. Whether it's accepted or rejected at least I feel I can lay my head on my pillow at night with a clear conscience.

5. Al D

United States
    Retired Business Owner
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +476
    Thank you for your comment Lunar.. The post was merely meant to draw a distinction between what has been contrived and labeled as sinful behavior and that which is instinctive or our natural behavior traits.. Most of what we think we know and have come to believe has been handed down to us by other people through antiquity. This does not necessarily mean that they were correct in doing so..They more than likely never questioned it and if they did they were considered heretics or blasphemous and ostracized and often times tortured to death. So my question is; who makes that call and why is it that our traits have been labeled as sinful if these traits have been passed on to us through creation and that creator being your so-called God? That to me would suggest that man must also find the so-called creator a sinful being or entity also...Just a thought!

• List
  6. Lunar Cycle

United States
    Ratings:
    +79
    I do appreciate your enthralling response and I do thank you so very much Mr. AI D & have come to realize that my belief is based solely on my personal interpretation of what I believe to be GODS will and as such I cannot allow myself to accept any other interpretive possibility. My uncles who I feel are very wise and decent men ordered me to not speak to them again until I read all versions of my Christian GODS Bible, Allah's Quran, Melech ha-M'lachim's Torah, Vishnus Vedas and the book of CHANG'E The Asian GODDESS of the Moon to truly understand all aspects of worship of a Deity. When I finished their task I met with them and they never uttered one word in acknowledgement and I was emotionally drained from such a task and expected at least thanks for a job well done and when I flew back home in tears it hit me like an epiphany. How dare I should expect my uncles to thank me, I never even thought to thank them for caring enough about me to seek my own destiny instead of relying on them to guide me when I should've at least been wise enough to seek my answers on my own .With that having been said my frailty exist in my imperfect knowledge that many times I knowingly view life in a subjective way by prejudging instead of the sought after knowledge to view life in a tolerant objective way. Good night all and GOD bless.

7. Al D

United States
    Retired Business Owner
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +476
    Indeed Lunar, this last paragraph is something we all can definitely attest to have being guilty of at one time or another..And yes, our frailty does exist in our imperfect knowledge but it is good that we seek to explore and discover in the hopes of having a better understanding of ourselves, others and all aspects of life.. This is how we grow and based on your comments, you have tremendous growth..
    Huge praise for your uncles for directing you to read and seek that knowledge in order to stimulate and develop your mind as well as seeking your destiny.. Nothing but respect!
    By the way, did you ever get around to thanking your uncles?

• Thank You Thank You x 1
    • List
  8. Lunar Cycle

United States
    Ratings:
    +79
    Did I ever get around to thanking my uncles? No Mr. AI D I did not get around to thanking my uncles. I got "straight" to thanking my uncles. PROFUSELY.

Like my uncles you exude the quiet Whisper of Authority and Wisdom. That's a rare quality in today's generation of men.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thank You Thank You x 1
    • List