Black Spirituality Religion : What is Scripture?

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by river, Sep 22, 2006.

1. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Since all manuscripts were written by humans what is the difference between scripture and secular writings that have spiritual value?

2. Moorfius

Moorfius Well-Known Member MEMBER

Self Employed
    Ratings:
    +27
    Scripture is not Medu Neteru*

Hotep

When the truth is mixed with false-hoods...then that that was true is no longer (pure) true but also has become (corrupted) false because it has been changed by courrpt "Men".
    Scripture is just that...a "Script" that is given to the masses to follow under the direction of the controler, makers, fabricator, concocters, hoodwinkers, bamboozelers of that "Script" as it is in "Hollywood"...Illusions to follow to keep you Sleep as we are...spiritualy dead...as we are and most of "All" Slaves as we still are. We are lost in euro biblical myths and fighting in wars with crime in the streets with every one of the criminals (almost) wareing a "Cross" around there necks...all of this abouve is practiced historicaly by the owners of the system of white superimacy and all a part of the Scripture you are to fallow that will never, ever under any circumstances what ever...free or liberate (Africans) you as long as you keep following the "Script"- ures you (we) have been following. Give them back to the ones who wrote them...we don't need them and never needed them...as we (some) can see now...we are in need of "Liberation" from Scripture that teaches us how to follow the Religion that white Superimacy "Owns" (and is) and controls you with it !!

Ase
    `

3. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    That's right, brotha Moorf. The spirituality of our ancestors was not revealed to one man or so-called "chosen people." On the walls of one of the temples in Egypt is the saying "That which is revealed to you ceases to be a mystery only to you." The Metu Neteru is tailor made, living. It cannot be confined to a book. Nor is the word of the ALL subject to the approval of the Nicean council. Whatever good is in a book is not the word of God but a reminder of the word of God which is written in our hearts. So we measure what is in the book according to what is in our hearts not the other way around.

I remember one day I was feeling down and I heard Solomon Burke singing Down in the Valley. That song lifted my spirit. It put my feelings into perspective and made them a part of the cosmos--a part of what all people go through in life. In that moment that song was for me the living word of my Creator.

4. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    "Scripture is used to refer to writing with religious significance, or to excerpts from a holy text. Many people use it specifically to refer to the Christian Bible, although most other religions have their own unique scriptures. Religious texts are an important part of religious practice in many religions, as they set out the history and precepts of a religion. Many religious followers keep copies scripture for inspiration and religious direction, and some theologians specialize in scripture so that they can discuss and debate points of religious belief.

The word is derived from the Latin scriptus, “to write.” Many scriptures represent some of the oldest written texts in their respective cultures, suggesting the importance that religion has held in human life for thousands of years. One of the oldest scriptures in the world is believed to be the Rigveda, one of the major texts in the Hindu religion. By convention, the title of religious writing is usually capitalized, out of respect.

The author of scripture may vary; in many cases, it represents a collaborative effort by a group of holy individuals or religious authorities. In some cases, scripture is said to come directly from a deity, while in other instances the scripture may be written by or about an important religious figure..."

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-scripture.htm

5. Gorilla

Gorilla Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,399
    There's no difference in its origin. It's all invented by man. Scripture just claims it was divinely inspired from an external source or some other absurdity.

6. skuderjaymes

skuderjaymes Contextualizer Synthesizer MEMBER

Japan
    independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
    theory to application to discussion to percussion
    Ratings:
    +6,043
    nothing.

7. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317

They may be written by humans, but not all are inspired of the Father(not all speak the truth). That, to me, is the difference between the Holy Scriptures and certain secular writings dealing with spirituality.