Black Relationships : What is romance? .. And if it's important to you, why?

skuderjaymes

Contextualizer Synthesizer
REGISTERED MEMBER
Nov 2, 2009
theory to application to discussion to percussion
Occupation
independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
In my lifetime, I have had a great many conversations with a great many women.. and in discussions of companionship.. relationships.. etc.. invariably, the word "Romance" floats to the surface.

For example, a friend of mine complained that the man she was dating was almost perfect but she couldn't be with him because he didn't turn her on... he was a good dude.. blue-collar dude.. family values.. straight walk.. the whole-nine.. but he just wasn't romantic enough for her. And that was evidently a showstopper.

So let me ask you:

How do you define Romance? And if romance is important to you, why?

Anything that comes from the heart out of love and admiration is romance to me....
I remember my ex cooked dinner for me and we had a picnic on the floor, but that was cause he didn't have furniture lol...but it was the thought that counted..

I don't need big flowers, fancy dinners and all that....Even just being held is romantic to me.

There was a time when my ex wrote me letters and sent them in the mail even though he didn't live far....I still have them...it's a reminder that men can be sweet and endearing.

For me it's the little things...But yeah I think it's important....But romance doesn't mean the same thing for everyone...A person could write a song for someone, then the other person wouldn't think it was romantic, they would probably see it as just being a nice gesture...

If/when, as a Black woman, I'm threatened or under attack and a brother steps up and shows he has my back. A brother that knows my history as a Black woman in America and does what he can to protect and respect me. :toast:

peace

Romance to me, is the mental stimulation caused by a genuine gesture that causes the serotonin to flow.

Is it important to me? Yes, as i am a Scorpio and romance is our middle name...I love to see the black woman smile.

Scorpio..."romance" is their middle name? Never heard it put quite like that to describe Scorpios, but it works for me either way...lol

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back