Black People : What is really Blocking Our Focus and Efforts Towards Black nationalism???

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Ankhur, Aug 26, 2011.

1. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    Especially at a time in our history that we need it the most, to protect the black community from ther
    obvious
    impending economic
    and politcal attacks,

and at a time when we have a trillion dollars spending power,
    and a communications technology,
    that El Hajj Malik Shabbaz and Dr Martin Luther King coud never have imagined

2. MsInterpret

MsInterpret Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,447
    White people and ourselves. It's something that was never intended for us to have, since black people were brought here on the boats. We have been brainwashed to believe that what we have is good and we are satisfied with a blanket of lies.

IMO, I believe that it's all a distraction/ploy to keep us focused on something else other than ourselves.

3. Shikamaru

Shikamaru Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,989
    To answer your question: lack of knowledge of European history, customs, law, politics as well as lack of understanding of commerce.

4. Enki

Enki The Evolved Amphibian STAFF

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    To have black nationalism means separatism from whites, and the establishment of self governing black communities. So the question is,are we able to do this? Think about how we are interconnected with America and ask if we can just "beak off", and become self sustaining?

Peace!

5. Enki

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    No,I have to disagree. There is a multitude of blacks that can fill this bill. If we want to be separate from whites, we have to determine to what degree. If it means our own lands,how will we force people to move that don't want to move? If we do it by force,then we are no better than the whites we point the finger at.

Peace!

6. abstract219

abstract219 ...standing on the shoulders of giants MEMBER

United States
    Behavioral Health
    Ratings:
    +548
    Brilliant assessment.
    I think some are already doing that....building economies, communities....in their own way. Separation may happen, but we are a long way off. We (myself included) are too embedded in this society, dependent on Western languages and the culture. Im not saying that it wont happen, but I think it is more in the doing, than the talking.

7. Enki

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    Brutha,you have hit the nail on the head. Case in point. I'm a Vet, I get close to 3k a month. Now,If we go our way, will our gov. continue to pay me that? Also, these monies will have to come from the black population since we will be on our own. It's simple to want this but hard to achieve it based on this type of scenario. We won't talk about all the other social services we will have to fund. The big thing will be money, if we have our own money, what if it's not recognized by the rest of the world?

Peace!

8. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,732
    the system of white supremacy blocks our focus.
    that is what it is designed to do.

9. MsInterpret

MsInterpret Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,447
    Doubt

10. Full Speed

Full Speed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,045
    I will preface this by saying that I would LOVE TO BE PROVEN WRONG about what I am about to say, but here is the disconnect. The people who are most vocal about Black Nationalism and separation from White people have no concept of these types of logistics. They are not building businesses and hiring Black people. They are not concerned with the mechanics of a stable prosperous society. All they really know is that they hate White folks and want to be "free" from them.

Those who are most vocal about "freedom" and Black Nationalism are least likely to take SUBSTANTIVE ACTION towards establishing the necessary steps toward the freedom they claim they seek. They are too busy alienating potential allies (other Black people who do not think exactly like them) by refusing to unify with them unless they think and behave as they think they should. (This means you don't ever have to DO anything positive for Black people, you only have to talk the "I hate all White people" talk)

The concerns you mention here such as ongoing retirement benefits and such, fake Black Nationalist aren't even capable of thinking on this level. They are in LaLa land and do not understand the difference between talking about establishing Black Soveriegnty and actually doing it. Show me one so called Black Nationalist or Black Nationalist group who are actually DOING ANYTHING that are substantive steps towards setting up a viable soverign society which takes into account Black employment, education, health care, and prosperity.