Black People : What is reality

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by tyab14, May 26, 2008.

1. tyab14

tyab14 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +78
    Recently I have been thinking about lucid dreams, astral travel, etc and I wondered to myself.... How do can we be sure that these worlds ARENT real, and what is real in the first place. It seems like the dimensions or whatever they may be called in dreams are just as real as our "world". It always puzzles me though because in dreams one can think or will anything into existence much easier then the physical world. I always think that this should pass over into this realm also. Why can't we will things like in dreams? Has this power been lost or was it ever held?

My main point is though, these alternate realities called dreams and such, are they more real than this "reality"....

2. MenNefer

MenNefer Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +21
    Condensation

I wouldn't add or subtract from either in regards to what's "Realer" but I agree as well that dreams, astral realm, teseracts, dimensions are just as real as this concentrated, reified, coherence we asign value to because of its dense expression of space /time and the "Feeling of what Happens."

3. Edward Williams

Edward Williams Well-Known Member MEMBER

Produce Justice
    Ratings:
    +58
    What is your definition of the word "real"?

4. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    Reality is what's real before you , how you face it physically that's real and not things
    that's not immovable , not artificial , fraudulent and or illusory but yet occurring in existing
    in actuality of life yet dreams are mentally movable and as real often with a message
    to your daily living reality is the quality or state of beings that's realsm of a range
    over or within , acts , exists or has influence and or significance.

Dreams are mindful gethering of a mental state of reality which moves into our world's reality.
    They both can be as real all depends on how one see it..just what i think is real and reality so don't quote me on it .

5. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,732
    reality is what the smartest and most powerful white people say it is......:slobber:

6. Edward Williams

Produce Justice
    Ratings:
    +58
    jamesfrmphilly,

Thank you for your response but that was a question that was directed to tyab14. In the future, in order to gain understanding and at the same time eliminate confusion, I will direct questions, answers or comments to people by using their names when I am talking to a person specifically.

tyab14 posed the question about what is "real" or "reality". The first order of business is for me to ask the person what they mean when they use the word if the use of that word appears to be leading to confusion. If I don't do that we'll end up with a thread that is 50 pages long of people saying just about anything and the topic of the conversation changing multiple times. That is very difficult for me to follow and oftimes what was posted initially was never adequately addressed.

So, to gain focus in helping to get the questions answered I have to know what the person is talking about. I try not to make assumptions about what I think the person is talking about. End up with a 2 hour conversation only to have the person who initiated the conversation to say..."well, you just didn't understand nothing I said from the beginning".

The process is when a person asks a question the next order of business is to find out what the person who asked the question is talking about. I'm attempting to follow that process. Once I find out what the person is talking about, if I know the answer to the question, I can answer the question. If I do not know the answer to the question I can tell the person, after I find out what the person is talking about, that I do not know the answer to the question.

That is the process for gaining understanding, revealing truth, and maintaining focus. Thank you again for your response.

7. Edward Williams

Produce Justice
    Ratings:
    +58
    tyab14,

What is your definition of the word "real"?