Black People : What is Race?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Regina, Aug 21, 2003.

1. Regina

Regina Well-Known Member MEMBER

Engineer
    Ratings:
    +2
  2. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    Very interesting topic!

Race is a volatile subject. This PBS program is a good place to start but it's not the authority. So, people should do their own research as well.

3. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    Only white people or people infected by them want the answer to this question. Why do I say so?...because prior to the white people no other people had any issues concerning "what is race". Prior to the white man there was no racism. Prior to the whiteman no one on the earth wrote anything pertaining to race. So the very issue of "what is race" is a white construct which has no reality in a non infected African mind.

4. oldiesman

oldiesman Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +120
    absolutely right,i believe that only within the last 500yrs has the term[race]come into being.

5. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560

ABSOLUTELY!

It looks like you and the link provided agree, Keita.

http://www.pbs.org/race/001_WhatIsRace/001_00-home.htm

"The English language didn't even have the word 'race' until it turns up in 1508 in a poem by William Dunbar referring to a line of kings."

[​IMG]

However, I disagree that only White people or those "infected" by them want or should want the answer to this question.

You just addressed the history of the concept of "race," and you gleaned that information from research for yourself. That why I said that Black people need to find out for themselves.Just like YOU did. Other should research for themselves about the history and science of "race" to help them know and understand the historical significances of it.

6. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    :qqb010:what is race? i think that's an old song by tower of power

7. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    I think the song you're talking about is called; "What is Hip".

8. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    i know, i was just being silly.....:em0100:

9. Moorfius

Moorfius Well-Known Member MEMBER

Self Employed
    Ratings:
    +27
    What is any thing called by the term "Race"?

Hotep

According to the dictionary or any dictionary...the word "Race" means something that has a beginning and has a end(.)

We only complicate to understand most things our self by holding in the back of our minds a place to include white people as something that must know what they are talking about...they don't! And if you continue to follow them in any thing concerning your black self you won't either...know what you are talking about.

The white man and white woman knows full well what they are saying concerning the word they use to confuse all who buy into the usage when it comes to the "Hue-Man" or original (Mind) or Man.

When they said...during the time of the fake moon landing..."It is a small step for Man but a giant leap for Man-Kind". They knew full well what they were alluding to...them selves...because they are...Man-Kind...meaning a "Kind of a Man" or copy and not the Original. They are a fake or accident, and always speak of them selves as Man-Kind.

Being made ignorant by them...we black people think they are also speaking about us...they are not. If the black man and black woman are the original...then how after creation of the original can we all of a sudden become Man-Kind or "Race"...when we don't even have a beginning let alone a end.

The sprinters are lined up at the starting block called beginning...the shot is fired that sets off the start of the Race and at the end...for who ever is faster to get there, is the End of the race.

So it is today...with the start of a "New-Age"...there will be those who will become extinct in time as their Race is over. Science tells us today that the white Race is at 0% population growth...meaning there are more of them dieing than being born...this is "Extinction"...the end of their so-called Race...in time and space.

Ase`

10. ang-EL

ang-EL Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +50
    I agree fam. There really is only one race on the planet. The human race, sub-divided into two....Asiatics and Europeans making the very use of the word void. It was a German by the name of Johan Blumingbauch who first introduced the five classes of race system in order to give Europeans an imaginary superior status amongst society. He devided us up into 4 groups...Malaysian,Mongolian,Asian, and Ethiopian. And said that "Caucasians" are superior to us in number and status. Well I guess if u take a dollar and it represents Man in general and divide it five ways giving the first 4 15cennts and give yourself 40cents what we have is an unbalanced scale. So yes as long as we are under European psycology we are at a disadvantage..