Pan-Africanism : What is Pan-Africanism?

Kwango_Likemba said:
It’s very important to have the right people that Africa needs to rebuild itself and its people worldwide. Having the right people who addresses the human suffering which underlies the lives of black people in Third World countries......this is what I have to say, then I think we might take advantage of PanAfricanism.

This is the key, which you have already expressed. We need the right people! The right people will be able to truly and properly address the suffering in Africa, and the rest of the Diaspora (including the couple of countries you dón´t like).

Kwango_Likemba said:
See, this is the problem I see with many black people who see nothing more than "unity" when thugs or gangsters make our conditions worse in Africa. PanAfricanism doesn't mean you're out to love thugs or gangsters, because they are African people. What about the priority of the people in Africa who suffer daily unrest, displacement, dismantlement, ethnic persecution, and holocaust????

Black people the world over don’t care about the suffering of Congo people, or any people of Africa for that matter. If only the diverse PanAfrican organizations could stop fighting in Africa and begin to materialize their full potential before I leave this earth, I would be the happiest woman in the world...

Well said sistah

panafrica said:
Brother Militant:

You are asking several questions in this thread. Some of them can be answered, others can not without further explainations on your part. To address your first question: What is Pan Africanism? Pan Africanism is the philosphical belief that all black people throughout the world should unite/connect based on our common heritage & experiences. Africa is the center of Pan Africanism; however, it is not the whole. PanAfricanism includes blacks in the Americas; blacks in Europe; blacks in Asia, and blacks in Australia. As a result you will find information on all in this forum.

To address your second question: What is the purpose of the Pan African forum? The purpose of this forum is to express the spirit of Pan Africanism. Pan Africanism is expressed with the sharing of information. It is expressed by learning about the cultures (music, food, religion, beliefs, etc) of black people in different countries. Pan Africanism is expressed through dialog. Thus I dedicate many threads on this forum which share information about the cultural aspects of black people throughout the world.

Lastly to address your third question: Should the Pan African forum be used to solve what is wrong with Africa? I think it is important to identify what exactly you feel is `"mental masturbation". As I´ve explained, sharing information about different cultures between blacks in the Diaspora IS PanAfricanism. Such information may not be important to you, but it is to others. Indeed, such information may not be new to you (the majority is well known to me), but it is new to others.

It is necessary to tackle the "hard question" and "difficult subjects like: Why are Blacks the poorest ethnic group in every country they occupy? Why do African Presidents & Prime Ministers serve the interest of Western nations more than their own countries? There have been such threads within this forum, as well as other forums on this website (the Open Forum, the Religion Forum, the Culture Forum, the forums of our Columnist). Such debates can take place anywhere on this website, they aren´t restricted to the PanAfrican forum only. However, the only way for such discussions to take place is for someone to bring them up.

In other words, if you want to address the problems of black people (as well as solutions to the problems), then simply start thread topics on what you want to discuss. Those who are with you will respond, and those who want to "mentally masturbate" will continue to do so. Either way, you will put out the issues you want to tackle.

It appears to me that our education of what PAN AFRICANISM is has, in its efforts for efficiency, created some serious problems. Our drive for pan Africanism has denigrated the natural human faculties of curiosity and imagination while creating a universal and undeviating conformity of mind as to the matter as important as education.

The lose of imagination( how pan africanism is to unite us) and curiosity(once united how will it keep us united) seems obvious. However, the universal uniformity of experience regarding the nature of pan africanism makes it extremely difficult to engage any mental examination of other forms of education.

The more I read and learn about pan africanism the more disappointed I get.
I STRONGLY believe that we should teach the meaning and purpose of pan africanism at a very young age.

It seems to me that alot of us learn what it is primarily by association.

My view on pan africanism are shifting the more I learn. I just think that if we can install logical and critical thinking in us at a young age perhaps our society can start shaping itself into a more "enlightened"and "educated" society.

I am not a teacher or any kind of expert on these matters but this is my conclusion after many months of attempting to promote an idea.

Critical Thinking would be a good thing to know before voting( FOR PAN AFRICANISM) though!
It helps filter and can help retard the growth of tribal morality

Pan-African(dedicated to Pan-Africa)

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Now I understand. You don't want any ole' black struggling, needing help. You want only a select few
as yourself who approve of your views. That is the whole profile of this forum.
Isn't this Racism among your so-called own folks. How fake of you.You want someone to :bowdown: to you and :dance1: to your tune. How sad. As
Black, as I see. We are all of the same blood, Culture and need to be helped and cared by our people. Go back to the library and study this culture some more because evidently you are lacking in terms of UNITY.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back