Black People : What is Our #1 Greatest Issue?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Destee, Apr 13, 2004.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,689
    Hello Family,

I was in voice chat earlier speaking (venting) with the Family about some of the issues we face as a people. Brother Alkebulan was able to soothe the troubled waters in me, helping me to understand that what is manifesting itself now is only the result of many negative experiences we've faced as a people. (Did i say that right Brother Alkebulan?) While i knew that in my heart, the manifestation on such a large scale, overwhelmed me and made me forget! Dadgummit! Thank you Brother Alkebulan for bringing me to myself.

As a result of that conversation, i'm wondering, what is the number one greatest issue we face as a people? If we had to priortize those things that need fixing, what would be at the top of the list? Where do we start ... in your opinion?

:heart:

Destee

2. Kannte

Kannte Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    1. Theological, philosophical, ideological differences that prevents mass collective unity and leadership equals dis-unity;

2. Leadership: we do not have a united national leadership that we can support with our money, our time, and lives on a mass collective basis because of number one (1) being divided and not united theologically, philosophically and ideologically;

3. so the above 2 lead to a vicious cycle that sister Dr. Frances Welsig termed "circular thought" - CIRCULAR THOUGHT and non-action, means moving, from problem perception, AWAY from "problem solution," (No.1 & 2) down a diversionary path, and back again to problem perception (No.1 & 2) and non-action..

3. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    I would say self perception. Whatever other gains we may achieve will always be derailed if we have a negative self perception. We are full of philosophies, full of potential leadership, full of solutions--all shot down when someone says "Aw nigg*** cain't do nothing." And so many of us believe this that all motivation to do anything just shrivels up. Gender a positive self perception coupled with self respect and everything else will naturally fall into place.

4. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,869
    Thinking...

Hmmm...I'd probably say ignorance and apathy.

Peace,
    Queenie

5. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    i would say it cross into a mixture but supporting our own to build
    and become strong in the world of self hate is tops and i have to
    agree with NNQueen....hummm! how this issue can run wide

6. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    I think it is the lack of pride that we display. I don't think we look at ourselves in the way that we should. We seem to have alot of self-hatred and a loss of identity. I also think that we don't uplift eachother when we get a chance. Our priorities are on things that will not help us as a whole. We're concentrating on immulating the ones that have a hand in holding us back. Definately ignorance as NNQueen stated. That is a huge problem in itself, not to mention the fact that there are so many people content with being ignorant. We need to see that we are capable of supporting and uplifting eachother as other races do. When they see that we love and support eachother genuinely then alot of our other issues will begin to change...but we need UNITY.

7. queentswana

queentswana Well-Known Member MEMBER

day care provider (own business)
    Ratings:
    +162
    :wave: everybody...
    Self love....
    That's where any and everything starts,...with self. Any thing that you don't or won't do for yourself first...you will not do for any one or any thing and succeed in doin it. allow me if I may to give you an example of what I'm saying:
    I have one meal and it's myself and my 8 year old daughter,...who gets the meal? ....well of course the "mother mode" in me says 'my child comes first, now because I am now to weak to go find more food that we need to survive and to stay alive...I'm basically finished...but my daughter is healthy and full of pep but here's the problem: she's 8, how can she provide for me? if I (self)had ate that one meal it would have given be the strenght to feed my child until she was able to grow and take care of her own. And that is just a very small praction of the unity that has to take place.
    How many of us (self included) use our THIRD EYE? how many of us even know that a third eye exits in all of us, what does it take to wake it up? what impact would we have on and in this universe?
    I promise I won't make a :book: out of this :laugh: ....but I do need to mention that I respect and totally agree with everyone's opinion. "Unity" in itself won't hold water...however, I think that "DIVINE UNITY" will open more doors imagineable. I have stated in this thread so many times before that...

"If I never knew where Ive been...I'll never know where I'm going".

And it gets deeper than that cause...if I don't know where I'm going....I can't take or lead my people anywhere.
    But "Divine Unity" was in our ancestors...which in turn is in us and the only way to manifest this is to understand our history...both past and present in order to move forward collectively. And EVERYTHING else will fall in place as it will or should be.

8. Kannte

Kannte Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    We can NOT unite on NOTHING. We must unite on SOMETHING.

And the SOMETHING that we must unite on is a Theological, philosophical, ideological idea and/or principle backed by group love and self respect and self-knowledge.

We are the richest and most educated group of black people on the planet. Our wealth and riches and education should overcome and wipe out our poverty and ignorance but we are not united.

9. the_story

the_story Well-Known Member MEMBER

n/a
    Ratings:
    +1
    hmmm

ignorance..and poverty....
    -story

10. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,471
    the ghetto of the mind...
    because what we imagine, is easier for us to create...
    one love
    khasm