Omowale Jabali : What is Kemet?

Discussion in 'Omowale Jabali' started by Omowale Jabali, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    What exactly is ''Kemet'? What are the historical texts which give evidence of its existence using this name? Did it refer to a single nation or the entirety of what we now refer as Africa? If it was a nation, when did it form as a nation state and what was the extent of its geographical borders? Who were it's earliest inhabitants and where did they come from? What African historians used the term prior to the 1970s to describe the region and it's people. What cultures predate Kemet and gave rise to its High Culture?

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,732
    i cannot provide the answers to your questions. i hope someone will be around who can.

i first learned of kemet from maulana karenga. i later read the metu neter by ra un nefer amen.
    i like the philosophy provided in the metu neter and i don't care much for the times and dates.

this is not to say that your questions are not valid, they are.

i hope somebody smarter than my person will come along and answer them for us.

[​IMG]

3. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    peace

It doesn't make you any less brighter than the person who can answer these questions correctly because you can't. It just means that while the person who can answer was studying about kmt, you were studying about something else that they probably couldn't answer your questions on that particular subject, if you were to ask them....

4. Joseph Camdon Wilmoth

Joseph Camdon Wilmoth New Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    @ James is this book Translated to English?? Metu Neter
    Is this written before the Pyramids???? Before the Kingdom of Egypt?

5. Zim

Zim Well-Known Member MEMBER

United Kingdom
    Ratings:
    +666
    OP has the answers.

6. Fieldpea

Fieldpea Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +778

I know I sure don't know none of the answers. Truth is, I'd never heard of KMT, the Ausar/Auset Society, Ra Un Nefer Amen, the Nuwaubians---nothing--until around 2003! Finally got online, found a site I liked, saw the occasional post ending with HOTEP! Was *lost* like a mug! No clue.

Signed up here in 2005, but essentially never visited regularly here until 2009. Came across posts here that were specifically about the *philosophical aspects* of Kmt; yet, I'd be all kinds of wrong to even intimate that I've got some kind of working knowledge, philosophically, and I'm now a daily visitor to this site!

In any case, Omo's questions' aims are more *data driven* as opposed to philosophical, so...

I'm a pure dunce regarding his questions. All I can say (regarding an answer to any of his questions) is that I, myself, have wondered about Kmt's age, but specifically in terms of comparing Kmt's age vis a vis the Bharata (India). I've read that the Bharata dates back 36,000 years (THEM in 'Message To The Black Man'), and I've also read (online somewhere) that Plato(?)--in a discussion with a Theban priest--stated that the priest attributed a 17,000 year past to the inception of Kmt (labeled as Egypt in the online quote). So, given Plato's reported lifetime, say timewise, Kmt (Egypt) then would go back somewhat shy of 20,000 years.

I think about this stuff alot (above) because of the length of the earth's precessional year.

As much as I strongly suspect an earlier inception for Kmt's civilization--like james, I end up not satisfied with the time calculations commonly put out there--in response to Omo's questions, *this is all I got*.

I am available, though, to a thorough schooling on all that Omo has brought up with his questions.

One Love, and PEACE

7. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,732
    the metu neter is writen by ra un nefer amen. he is a contemporary spiritual leader. he is my spiritual leader.
    the work is copyright 1990. it is contemporary. it is in English. you can get it in most african book stores and on amazon.

ra un nefer amen states that he is an incarnation of a khemetic priest.
    that is where he claims to get the knowledge that he has written down for us.

you can get the book and read it and then make your own decision.

http://www.taui.biz/default.aspx

[​IMG]

8. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680

Brother O ... i hate posting to this not having even one answer to provide, as it almost seems a waste of space, muddying the water, getting in the way, all of that ... but ... i gotta say ... I LOVE THIS THREAD ... what a simple question you've asked in the title, then going further in the post, asking more, simply beautiful! While i have no idea of these answers, i wouldn't have had ... have not had ... the wherewithal to even ask the right question(s)! Beautiful on your part! A great learning opportunity for us all! I just had to squeeze in here and thank you for asking, starting the discussion so respectfully ... oh my gosh ... i'm excited to learn about all of this!

Looking forward to reading more!

Much Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

9. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585

This is exactly a prime example of why one of my questions concerns HISTORIANS PRIOR TO the 1970s, but in typical fashion, instead of answering my questions, the discussion steers off course to the Medu Neter, which is not a historical text, and which was written AFTER the time period I specified.

10. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,732
    sorry….