Black Spirituality Religion : What Is God?

Well Said...
How can we make this Mystical Experience happen more and more Often?
Wish I actually knew Brother.
Chop wood. Sounds a bit too flippant for the moment but it's the only thing that comes to mind..........Chop wood.

I ran across something the other day that may help in. this conversation (or not) and I'd like to preface it with a few words if I may;
Nowhere does either participant advocate for the use of the herbs and/or drugs spoken about as just an experimental exercise to try for the fun of it. Some of what they speak is too serious stuff to be just playing games with.
They are both serious scholars looking for truth.
I thought it relevant because Al D was questioning origins and he being raised in Catholicism I thought he may find it interesting.

I'll start it towards the end because of what you Brother Frankster mentioned a few post back, I'll paraphrase; you have to lose yourself to become free. (something like that) Anyways that was my poor interpretation. So I'll title this clip Dying before you die.

So........was Jesus literally tripping around while actually turning-on the people?, the followers with 'something'?
The full talk can be heard heard here;

Personally I think macrodosing during the early Mass rituals is a fair guess.

The answers we seek are within us.....we reason together not to impress or depress each other but to tease out that which lays dormant within us
I live to share...love the reasoning
Brother frankster. I left here last night telling you that there was nothing left here for me to pursue on this topic which is where I am presently. However, your words continued to resonate with me and I found myself reflecting deeply on them ( we reason together not to impress or depress each other / live to share...love the reasoning ). I have always considered myself a reasonable and opened minded person. One with understanding and compassion and one who believes very strongly in live and let live and be of a tolerable mindset and not to be premature in my thinking and actions. Your words have brought to light that which I have to a degree strayed away from. They have renewed in me the need for a better sense of understanding for greater insight.

The words not to impress or depress but to be uplifting and recognize that we all have different beliefs and faiths and however we have come to know them are what helps us to push through. Not to say that they are without flaws, absolute and unchangeable but recognizing and understanding the purpose they serve. I have always stressed that each one teach one and sometimes those lessons come from an unexpected source. Today you are that source for me. Thank you my brother and I will continue to learn and grow as a human being and be a source of inspiration ( not to impress or depress but to share and hope that there can be reasoning).. I will also add enjoy the process..
:10200: from the :heart:..

Wish I actually knew Brother.
Chop wood. Sounds a bit too flippant for the moment but it's the only thing that comes to mind..........Chop wood.

I'll start it towards the end because of what you Brother Frankster mentioned a few post back, I'll paraphrase; you have to lose yourself to become free. (something like that) Anyways that was my poor interpretation. So I'll title this clip Dying before you die.
If you do not Lose self, let go of Ego, then you are in your head...and only see existence from that perspective..Human Animal Race Mind
Now if you lose self(ego)...you have no alternative but to see existence from a all knew perspective that must be from a greater self often referred to as the Overself.

Did not watch the entire video....will later
Did they Cover Sacred Mushroom and the Cross in which John Allegro discusses his theory that John of Patmos was using Fly Agaric.
Various things have been used by many differing people to open the doorway into the Divine Realm.
All have their Positives and Negatives, as opposed to good and bad.

So........was Jesus literally tripping around while actually turning-on the people?, the followers with 'something'?
The full talk can be heard heard here;

Personally I think macrodosing during the early Mass rituals is a fair guess.

Kana bosom believe to be Marijuana was use in Israelite Temples as incense and anointing oil throughout ancient times.

From my own understanding it seems anything or event or experience that causes you to Change Perspective will kick start that Rebirth...Plants that induce hallucinations or something close to it have been popular among cultures and peoples in times past

Brother frankster. I left here last night telling you that there was nothing left here for me to pursue on this topic which is where I am presently. However, your words continued to resonate with me and I found myself reflecting deeply on them ( we reason together not to impress or depress each other / live to share...love the reasoning ). I have always considered myself a reasonable and opened minded person. One with understanding and compassion and one who believes very strongly in live and let live and be of a tolerable mindset and not to be premature in my thinking and actions. Your words have brought to light that which I have to a degree strayed away from. They have renewed in me the need for a better sense of understanding for greater insight.

The words not to impress or depress but to be uplifting and recognize that we all have different beliefs and faiths and however we have come to know them are what helps us to push through. Not to say that they are without flaws, absolute and unchangeable but recognizing and understanding the purpose they serve. I have always stressed that each one teach one and sometimes those lessons come from an unexpected source. Today you are that source for me. Thank you my brother and I will continue to learn and grow as a human being and be a source of inspiration ( not to impress or depress but to share and hope that there can be reasoning).. I will also add enjoy the process..
:10200: from the :heart:..
Brother Al D.
Truer Word i have not seen or read in a long time....Pure love to you from I - Nuff Respect.
All we seek in this space is to Learn and share.
And if perchance we can dig deep on a topic, then we should.
Perhaps we find some that is enduring....that we come back in thought

Disagreements like problems are bound to occur...They are our blessings and teachers.
In unraveling them we learn so much more about everything.
In this quest we need each other....let's continue on this journey
Thank you for sharing I am learning.
LOVE EVERYTIME

If you do not Lose self, let go of Ego, then you are in your head...and only see existence from that perspective..Human Animal Race Mind
Now if you lose self(ego)...you have no alternative but to see existence from a all knew perspective that must be from a greater self often referred to as the Overself.
Yes, I believe that is the upshot of the Zen masters lesson to the student.
(perhaps I should have reiterated the parable for the benefit of anyone who'd not followed the thread where I wrote it out)

Thinking on it if I'd were to be really flippant in my reply to your question of how we could to experience the mystical more often I'd say; What this insane country needs is one massive dose given en masse of LSD or DMT or Psilocybin or Mescaline or XTC, maybe matching each region to a particular medication. And I'd prescribe enough that everyone would be well out over the edge before they landed.

Did not watch the entire video....will later
Did they Cover Sacred Mushroom and the Cross in which John Allegro discusses his theory that John of Patmos was using Fly Agaric.
Various things have been used by many differing people to open the doorway into the Divine Realm.
All have their Positives and Negatives, as opposed to good and bad.
From my own understanding it seems anything or event or experience that causes you to Change Perspective will kick start that Rebirth...Plants that induce hallucinations or something close to it have been popular among cultures and peoples in times past
I don't remember them speaking (at least directly) of any mycelium species but it was hinted at I think.
Our self described good Catholic is investigating and trying to prove a trail that more than one scholar has posited in where the root of religion begun, that being, in our ancestors earliest formations of hunter gatherers societies. From our ancestors cultures of ceremonies of unity and the rites of passage for the Youngers among the tribe.
Those plants were held to be sacred. Both as medicine and in the sacramental. And were not taken lightly when used.

As kinda a side note; have ya ever joined in an African drum group? If not, I highly recommend it. It is mystical experience.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back