Black Spirituality Religion : What Is God?

Yeh, I almost forgot the Zen koan;
A younger from the near by village came to the temple to ask the Master the way to enlightenment.
The Master replied; Chop wood.
The young seeker returned to his abode and proceeded to chop wood. And chop wood. and chop wood til three weeks had passed.
The younger returned to the temple and again asked on 'the way'.
Master answered, 'Chop wood'
The youth return to his village and chopped wood.
Another month passed.
Returning to the temple exasperated the youth confronted the Master asking, 'what happens when I reach satori?'
Master answers, 'Chop wood'.

Yeh, I almost forgot the Zen koan;
A younger from the near by village came to the temple to ask the Master the way to enlightenment.
The Master replied; Chop wood.
The young seeker returned to his abode and proceeded to chop wood. And chop wood. and chop wood til three weeks had passed.
The younger returned to the temple and again asked on 'the way'.
Master answered, 'Chop wood'
The youth return to his village and chopped wood.
Another month passed.
Returning to the temple exasperated the youth confronted the Master asking, 'what happens when I reach satori?'
Master answers, 'Chop wood'.
Really wonderful koan
What do you take away as to its meaning or moral?

Can't do it. I've worked against being sucked into the matrix my whole life.
I can appreciate that.

I posted the vid less for you but for the originator/s of the question of 'What is God' to show that they are not the only ones to be questioning what it is supposed to mean and that there are paths to follow and being followed by at lest one self proclaimed Christian.......Who by mho is in his own way is doing a thorough job of disentangling the politics from the mystical and the spiritual.
Just mho, it won't be too much longer before estimable esq. Brian Muraresku takes the sacrament.
True

I'm rather sorry those doing the questioning have left the thread/s.
Through I know better, I hope I'm not the cause.
They are still here in one form or the other

So true.
I'd never give something to anyone not having any idea where they may going without them knowing before hand any more than I'd make up edibles for a get together and just lay them out not putting some signal of what it was, users or non attending.
To me that would/is be immoral.
It has been done already by Ram Dass and Timothy Leary releasing "escape the Lab" Psycho Hallucinatory Drugs resulting in the Miraculous"Hippie Movement " - Free Love, Make LOve not war, the Sexual Revolution, culminating in a Great Communal Orgasm (Omage to Wilhelm Reich-Orgone) called Woodstock....It was also a Great Adventure in the "Counter Culture" movement confronting the hypocrisies of the then culture of the time.
Politics shut it down but it change quite a few things that are still with us today.

Sorry can't do that. Because I don't know of any.
Thats cool

I was blessed with partaking just once a (now quite a) few years ago when a close-ish by art college hosted a master drummer of African rhythms from a much farther away major college. I'll never forget the 6 week experience.
Another mystical trail traveled along in my life.
It is Wonderful how the drumming can take over your mind then your body and transport you to another level of experiencing sound as form and movement....a mild form of Synesthesia

It has been done already by Ram Dass and Timothy Leary releasing "escape the Lab" Psycho Hallucinatory Drugs resulting in the Miraculous"Hippie Movement " - Free Love, Make LOve not war, the Sexual Revolution, culminating in a Great Communal Orgasm (Omage to Wilhelm Reich-Orgone) called Woodstock....It was also a Great Adventure in the "Counter Culture" movement confronting the hypocrisies of the then culture of the time.
Politics shut it down but it change quite a few things that are still with us today.
Hmmm, I don't think there were many (if any) who took anything they didn't know was going to take them someplace they'd never gone. The only time I can remember anything that turned into some weird 'blind test' was the famous Acid Test by Ken Kesey and the merry pranksters when the Hells Angels showed up..........the Angels had no clue.
It's true the hippies movement had some intersection with the counter culture but the hippies gig was mostly just another example of an America drunk in it's empty over indulgence and it's demand for more and more and more yet again. While on the other hand the counter culture was a continuation of pretty well tread paths already forged by the various political movements and civil rights fights dating back a century and longer. It was the continuance in the closer examination of the relationship of self to the completely hallowed out ethos and ethics of the American enterprise brought to the fore by too many to name writers, poets, artists and intellectuals both passed and those still very alive and present.
They were two very different animals. The hippies in vaporous thoughtlessness went back to their parents ticky tacky box houses with the fine trimmed lawns to work on their MBAs and lawyer degrees to graduate towards a nine to five and bigger ticky tacky box houses with three and half kids inside and a hired hand to trim that lawn. And just to be fair a large portion of the counter culture did the same as they found it was easier to PLAY at counter culture after they made bank........just not nearly as many souled out.

Time to tend to that wood.
Later,
Peace out

Hmmm, I don't think there were many (if any) who took anything they didn't know was going to take them someplace they'd never gone.
Everyone must have had a first time....some in proper settings
I can not speak for those who actually took it...On whether or not their experience on each trip is good or bad.
The Behavioral and Mental Change was undeniable....in most cases they actually practice what they preach.

The only time I can remember anything that turned into some weird 'blind test' was the famous Acid Test by Ken Kesey and the merry pranksters when the Hells Angels showed up..........the Angels had no clue.
Exactly right....Ken Kesey is fundamental to the Hippie Movement....One of the "Escapees from The Lab" turn (original) drug pusherman.

It's true the hippies movement had some intersection with the counter culture but the hippies gig was mostly just another example of an America drunk in it's empty over indulgence and it's demand for more and more and more yet again.
Yes....No argument here.

While on the other hand the counter culture was a continuation of pretty well tread paths already forged by the various political movements and civil rights fights dating back a century and longer.
Of Course

It was the continuance in the closer examination of the relationship of self to the completely hallowed out ethos and ethics of the American enterprise brought to the fore by too many to name writers, poets, artists and intellectuals both passed and those still very alive and present.
Yes

They were two very different animals.
True

The hippies in vaporous thoughtlessness went back to their parents ticky tacky box houses with the fine trimmed lawns to work on their MBAs and lawyer degrees to graduate towards a nine to five and bigger ticky tacky box houses with three and half kids inside and a hired hand to trim that lawn. And just to be fair a large portion of the counter culture did the same as they found it was easier to PLAY at counter culture after they made bank........just not nearly as many souled out.
Movements come and go, some wax and wane....while others leave lingering influences.
Each has left its indelible mark on society some more than others....but every now and then you get a throwback.
The Hippies mark was Drugs Sex and peace....not seen since the Dionysian Mystery Rites - on such level.

Time to tend to that wood.
Later,
Peace out
cool

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back